Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

I'm on a client's computer so I don't use the "Remember Me" function and...
    1. I logged in to see the posts in the format I have previously set and...
    2. I clicked to make this post which puts you in quick-post mode now so I then clicked "Go Advanced" so I could format things and it made me login again! What's with that???

I don't like the quick-post mode putting the entry box at the bottom of the page. I want it above the post I am usually responding to or at the top of the last post. I now have to enter Advanced mode to get to that configuration. I'd like the option to "skip" the quick-post mode since I usually do some kind of formatting in nearly every post which now requires you to "Go Advanced" to use formatting. I couldn't find such an option in my profile settings. Has anyone else wanted or found such an option?

Yeah Mikey, us old people hate change... especially when "If it ain't broke..." applies. And it wasn't broke!!! I wonder if they had overwhelming e-mail requests for a quick-post mode??? I remember them saying that after the last major overhaul that their goal was to make practically everything one click away. Well, to post with formatting they have missed the boat.

Okay, I'll put my soapbox away now and go to the corner and sulk... sniff... sniff...

PS- In the amount of time it took to type up this post it timed out my login again!!!!
    I had to browse back a page so I could copy this post and then login again and then post again pasting my previous typing in and adding this postscript. I wonder if I'm logged out by now...

PSS- Yep, I was logged out again... here goes...
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

How is Burkholder doing?

Any news on the currently ineligible guys?

Comment

Actually, I bet the improvements to the underpinnings are what USCHO wanted. I expect that the new version is lighter on server resources, and this place can get pretty busy and doesn't exactly make them any money.

Ryan told me on Monday that he was feeling better than expected. I don't know about eligibility on either Lasse or Soup. Been jobhunting this week so I haven't had the time to spend on hockey that I did last week.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH @ Wisconsin viewing party (UAHHockey.com)

See you there?

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sounds like fun to me!!! Even though I get the Knology Sports Pak it's always more fun to watch a game with a bunch of like-minded fans... plus there's some nice scenery at KnuckleHeads... Count me in!
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Pre-order for the Merrimack v. UAH series in Nashville next week. Ticket prices are going to be $9.50 and $27.50, presumably upper and lower respectively. Still working to get final details.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Pre-order for the Merrimack v. UAH series in Nashville next week. Ticket prices are going to be $9.50 and $27.50, presumably upper and lower respectively. Still working to get final details.

GFM
                Is that each game or both games, and does that include the NHL game?

I'm looking at no less than 5 sets of tickets for the weekend.

Comment

Looks to be each and does not include the Preds game.

Includes the Preds game, what are you on, J?
                  Last edited by wnickelson; 10-14-2010, 07:03 PM.
                  -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                  web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Hope the Chargers take the badgers down!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

In other news, the PM system has apparently been implemented, as I just got one...
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Apparently Sunday's game will be streamed on the Internet via the Big Ten Network. BTN is not carrying the game on TV, though, which ... makes no sense. Sure, replaying CFB games from the previous day makes more programming sense.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
                          Looks to be each and does not include the Preds game.

Includes the Preds game, what are you on, J?
                          It was a question that had to be asked, I already knew what the answers likely were, I just like clarification and confirmation.

As for pricing, actually I've gotten into NHL games for under $20, but it's nosebleed seats (and granted it's generally places like the Thrashers who were trying to get ANYONE to show up). So the question becomes, if we want both games, i.e. the college and pro, are they going to make an accommodation to include that in a package deal or are we going to have to fight for tickets through the normal routes which I think will decrease the interest.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                            So the question becomes, if we want both games, i.e. the college and pro, are they going to make an accommodation to include that in a package deal or are we going to have to fight for tickets through the normal routes which I think will decrease the interest.
                            If I knew, I'd let everyone know.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well, that sucked.

What does not suck: MikeAnderson's birthday today, and he got a great present ... I'll let him tell you.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Well, that sucked.

What does not suck: MikeAnderson's birthday today, and he got a great present ... I'll let him tell you.

GFM
                                This makes it all better.

Katherine Rebekah on Twitpic

Katherine Rebekah Anderson. Born on my final birthday, October 15, 2010.
                                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                                2006 Time Person of the Year
                                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
                                X