Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    ... And, I do tend to like them a little warmer than you do...
    Especially if they're Hooters' employees.

Comment

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
      Aside from your eyes , I think it may be something specific to your camera. Dieter at the Times is shooting the same rig as you and his comes out even more saturated into the red than yours.
      It may just be a Nikon thing...

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
      There is some primo shooting from the blank area in front of the new boxes to be had though. May have to start adding a 300mm to my bag of tricks and take advantage of the location.
      You mean the area where my seats used to be... I've shot from the top of those isles but you often get the glass in the corner of the photo. I also like the new handicapped platforms on each side as they are high enough to see over the glass quite well. I wonder how long we will be able to shoot from those new box areas before the boxes get finished???
      Doug
      UAH 1974
      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
        Especially if they're Hooters' employees.
        Guilty as charged...
        Doug
        UAH 1974

Comment

In order to have a "Pick'em" to play this year, I have started an "Independent" thread in which to play: Go To Pick'em

I checked in over at the CCHA thread to see how people were picking the Ferris State @ UAH series and here are the results as of the time I looked at the thread:
          Ferris Sweep = 3
          UAH Sweep = 4
          Split = 10

How do you see it??? Go To Pick'em and let us know!
          Doug
          UAH 1974

Comment

Here are the notes from the coaches' luncheon:

1. Clarke Saunders will start in net tonight.

2. Cody Campbell is out, as per the previous discussion. UAH is waiting on the official paperwork of the notice of ineligibility before they can officially appeal it.

3. Lasse Uusivirta is ineligible right now because of NCAA clearinghouse issues. Finnish secondary schools do not provide transcripts on a year-by-year basis, but rather just indicate the classes taken. Also, there are translation issues. Coach Luongo indicated that Lasse's family is working with his secondary school and with Lasse to get a list of when he took which courses to prepare a translated transcript that will be acceptable to the NCAA clearinghouse and certified by the school. This has been an iterative process with the clearinghouse, and UAH found out earlier this week that the clearinghouse wanted yet more information. The school is hoping Lasse will be eligible by next weekend to play at Wisconsin.

Bob Daniels was engaging, staying after everyone else was gone. Most coaches come in, talk, and leave because they eat with their teams at lunchtime, but Coach Daniels stayed the entire time and was really good to have in the room.

I'm quite excited about tonight.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Gameday Interview: Ferris State

Okay, here's one man's guess about lines. I have seen the team in practice, so I have a bit of a handle of what they might put out there, but I don't have this nailed down from the coaching staff or anything.

SGeoffrion - Cseter - Desmet
              Easton - Ruffini - Fairbanks
              Roy - Allan - Bruni
              BGeoffrion - Dion - Koudys

You might see Koudys and Fairbanks flip, as that would make it more of a slippery, speedy line and put Banker with guys that are more ham-and-eggers like he is. I don't know. I feel pretty good about Roy-Allan-Bruni because I think Vinny is going to need to protect the kids.

I'm the most confident of Seabass-Cees-Dez, because they've been together in practice most of the time the last week and because Seabass is a good fit for those two. I don't think you can break Cees and Dez up at this point because they just work so well. I also found Gavin's phrasing telling: I used to call that line Cseter's line last year, but it's clearly Desmet's line now. I really feel like he's going to blossom this year.

Defensement pair:

Baxter-Burkholder
              Hagen-deBruyn
              Gatt-Durnie

You could see Hags and Gatt flip, because it may make sense to have Hagen be out there with Durnie trying to play the stay-at-home role. Not sure. If Lasse had been cleared by the clearinghouse, I fully expect he'd be out there with Burkholder, Baxter would be with deBruyn, and Durnie with Hagen. To my eyes, Hags is a bit ahead of Gatt and Conrad, but they all three look really hungry to crack the lineup.

And obviously we know Saunders will start in net.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Penalties will haunt, and we got to see first-hand the crackdown on cracks to the head.

I was asking on Twitter, and never got a good answer: How did Geoffrion's goal look? Run of play or a scramble in front of the net?

Shooting numbers were lopsided. Talent disparity?

What's the likelyhood that CJ starts tonight?
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

QUick question.... saw a photo of game highlight from last night...... were those temporary jerseys UAH was wearing??? They looked almost like practice jerseys??

Just wondering....?

Comment

Seabass's goal was just stuffing home a rebound. Classic Luc Robitalle goal.

The shot differential was Ferris's great defense keeping the boys along the boards whenever they got into the offensive zone.

I really doubt that CJ will start. I wouldn't be surprised to see Saunders again tonight.

And yes, those were practice jerseys. There have been delays at the manufacturer.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      And yes, those were practice jerseys. There have been delays at the manufacturer.

GFM
                      Second year in a row. UAH needs to find a new manufacturer.
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                        Second year in a row. UAH needs to find a new manufacturer.
                        That is pretty amateur!!! At the same time, if it has happened two years in a row.... either get your order in earlier (UAH's own fault) or fire your supplier!!

Comment

Attendance looked awful low for a home opener against a CCHA foe....... thoughts on reasons for that???

Comment

Originally posted by Charger #2 View Post
                            Attendance looked awful low for a home opener against a CCHA foe....... thoughts on reasons for that???
                            Thursday night game.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Thursday night game.

GFM
                              Any chance that might impact Ferris/CCHA opinion on things for the future???

Comment

Originally posted by Charger #2 View Post
                                Any chance that might impact Ferris/CCHA opinion on things for the future???
                                Ask a Magic 8-Ball, it knows as much as any of us at this point.

But it's far more likely that it's WAY to early to even speculate on things.
                                -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                                web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Working...
                                X