Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

For the UAH fans out there... some pics from the Saturday morning practice at the VBC.

Here are the three "unknowns" for this season... our goalies!
    Who will get the start?
    Will they be platooned all season?
    Will one emerge as the leader?

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/31-Griggs(c72).jpg******
    #31 John Griggs - Sophomore

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/32-Groh(c72).jpg******
    #32 CJ Groh - Freshman

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/33-Saunders(c72).jpg******
    #33 Clarke Saunders - Freshman

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Coaching-01(72).jpg******
    Here Coach Lou is "teaching the system"...

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Coaching-02(72).jpg******
    Here are his attentive "students"... Preparing for Thursday!!!

Enjoy Charger Fans!!!

Fangers - check your email.
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Minor correction, Doug: Johnny is apparently redshirting last year.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        If you sit in the lower bowl, I suggest bringing a dust rag with you on Thursday night. No, really. The construction dust is probably not going to be cleaned by the VBC by the time you get there, and you're going to want to wipe your seat down.

I love the VBC.
        Actually, they were mopping yesterday morning during practice, so I'm hopeful. I'll be at practice again this morning, so I'll be able to tell.

Oh, and Your 2010-11 Chargers: The Goalies

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Soupy had started school in BC in 2005-06, without any thought about playing US college hockey, while playing in junior B. He stopped after a term and didn't go back to school until coming to UAH. It was almost two years before he had any contact with UAH's Dennis Williams, who recruited him out of Burnaby. Because he had started school, this started his five-year NCAA eligibility clock.

The school is appealing his ineligibility, and for Soupy's sake even more than the team's, I hope that they reconsider.
          From what I have seen in the NCAA, the appeal will be denied. I remember an AFA student with problems, I will see how close it was to this situation.

Yes, this stinks for UAH, but moreso, horrid for Campbell.

Comment

Hey Doug, you're still too red.

And so it begins.
            -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
            web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
              From what I have seen in the NCAA, the appeal will be denied. I remember an AFA student with problems, I will see how close it was to this situation.

Yes, this stinks for UAH, but moreso, horrid for Campbell.
              Which is stupid, since I can think of more than a couple players who left college and then returned later to finish out their eligibility beyond the 5 year mark. A certain Florida State quarterback comes to mind as the most excessive example.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                Which is stupid, since I can think of more than a couple players who left college and then returned later to finish out their eligibility beyond the 5 year mark. A certain Florida State quarterback comes to mind as the most excessive example.
                If you are talking about Chris Weinke, he never started college before going to play minor league baseball, therefore, he didn't start his 5-year clock. He was drafted out of HS to play baseball, left after 6 years, and then went to college.
                HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Unfortunately, it looks clear that Campbell's eligibility has run out. Hopefully the NCAA D-1 folks will at least take a look at his situation and consider making a change to its rules for situations like his.

Comment

All credit to Soupy: he's still busting his *** in practice.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

If I remember correctly, some UAH fans were coming on the Ferris State thread saying they will be listening to me (Ferris State's Radio Guy) this week.

You sure you guys don't have a radio broadcaster?

Looks like UAH has a video feed for this week:

http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members....ckey%20Men%27s

Comment

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
                        Hey Doug, you're still too red.

And so it begins.
                        Hey Will, I'm color blind, what do you expect... These test shots are just as they came out of the camera with WB set to Auto and no touch ups. And, I do tend to like them a little warmer than you do... must be my colorblindness again...

See you at the rink Thursday...

Hey, I tested out our new seats at this morning's practice and guess what? One of the seat-backs was not bolted down so I leaned back and kept going until I hit the concrete step behind the seat. Quality work...
                        Last edited by Douglas; 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM.
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
                          If I remember correctly, some UAH fans were coming on the Ferris State thread saying they will be listening to me (Ferris State's Radio Guy) this week.

As far as I know (not very much), no radio broadcast for UAH.

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post

Dominic:

We don't have radio right now. Steve Moulton does audio for the B2 broadcasts. In some future time when the student/alumni section doesn't think they have to have me there to be loud, I would gladly return to the broadcast booth. I did color for Steve on the radio broadcast we put together for the Fort Wayne regional last year, and it reminded me just how much I enjoy radio, mainly because I get to watch the game without any distractions whatsoever.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Your 2010-11 Chargers: The Defensemen

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post

Hey Will, I'm color blind, what do you expect... These test shots are just as they came out of the camera with WB set to Auto and no touch ups. And, I do tend to like them a little warmer than you do... must be my colorblindness again...

See you at the rink Thursday...
                                Aside from your eyes , I think it may be something specific to your camera. Dieter at the Times is shooting the same rig as you and his comes out even more saturated into the red than yours.

There is some primo shooting from the blank area in front of the new boxes to be had though. May have to start adding a 300mm to my bag of tricks and take advantage of the location.
                                -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                                web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Working...
                                X