Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    PLEASE don't do that Geof. For one thing, you-know-who couldn't handle it (Example: I made my BLC donation before the first game last year and never was officially credited with even being in the BLC; never made the program; never got a membership card). I was told "Oops", you paid so early the list wasn't started yet. Only the people that joined the BLC after the season actually started last year made the "official" list.

Right now we need all the help and volunteers we can get. Don't shut anyone out and don't get greedy just yet. Let's get everyone we can involved and "locked-in", they'll join when the season rolls around. Wait until the season is here before considering that sort of action.
    You're right, Doug.

I do think we need one BLC-only meeting at some point over the summer, if for no other reason than to discuss an organizational structure. I loved how everyone talked about committees and subcommittees as if we had any of either...

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      ...I loved how everyone talked about committees and subcommittees as if we had any of either...GFM
      Aren't you a committee of one?

Hopefully we can get some of those people on actual committees soon...
      Doug
      UAH 1974
      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Aren't you a committee of one?
        I am a committee of awesome.

Also, please sign up to come to the Hockey Banquet on Friday April 15th. Form available here: http://db.tt/jLyincA

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

According to Heisenberg's recruiting web site - a d-man recruit from B.C.

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=451271

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            I am a committee of awesome.

Also, please sign up to come to the Hockey Banquet on Friday April 15th. Form available here: http://db.tt/jLyincA

GFM
            Stuff has come up, and it looks like we're not going to make it. Bummer.

Comment

PLEASE don't do that Geof. For one thing, you-know-who couldn't handle it (Example: I made my BLC donation before the first game last year and never was officially credited with even being in the BLC; never made the program; never got a membership card). I was told "Oops", you paid so early the list wasn't started yet. Only the people that joined the BLC after the season actually started last year made the "official" list.

Right now we need all the help and volunteers we can get. Don't shut anyone out and don't get greedy just yet. Let's get everyone we can involved and "locked-in", they'll join when the season rolls around. Wait until the season is here before considering that sort of action.
              We also didn't get our membership cards, and no sign of the shirt either, but at least we got into the program. Though your statement answers a question that's been nagging me about why some names didn't seem to be on the list, and why it was so small in the first couple of programs of the year.

We pay in September, yes before the season, but it was the same day we picked up our season hockey tickets which I think is a perfectly reasonable time to cut both checks, so there needs to be some clarification as to when the checks will be accepted for the upcoming year. The fiscal year is October 1, but it's not that hard to hold the checks (and paperwork) until the new year if it's a matter of making sure the accounting is correct.

*is still bummed about missing the dinner this week, okay not the food, but the company.*

Comment

I'm glad to hear everyone's issues with this year's BLC, even though I'm certainly not happy that folks are having them. I don't know where the balls were dropped, but I'll find out. This is actually making the case for an off-campus, 501(c)3 organization.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._alabama-.html

Don't take this to mean "oh God varsity hockey is dead at UAH". Johnson said in his first-stage interview that no AD would save UAH hockey, and that it would come from outside forces. He's right about that.

I'm hearing enough good things about how the shakeout will happen out west that I'm very confident at this point. I have a proposed solution that I'm finishing writing up.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Another recruit posted on Heisenberg site:

http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                      Another recruit posted on Heisenberg site:

http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985
                      Have you noticed that this year's recruits almost all have size and heft? That's something that was obviously missing against several teams this past season. We were an overall very small team with only average speed. In the past our small players were all speedsters. Speed can make up for size in alot of instances... not all, but alot. Small size and average speed obviously does not bode well for outcomes... Hopefully, this year's recruits will contribute early.
                      Doug
                      UAH 1974
                      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, this is the second year in a row that we've been traveling at Awards Dinner/Auction time. These are probably the only two we have ever missed. Geof, it would be nice if either you or Jamie would provide a report at
                        http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...116&Itemid=245 .

T
                        Last edited by tnlong; 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I believe we can do that one day next week. I'm out today and am pretty covered up tomorrow.

We'll have a BLC meeting early the week of May 2 [probably Monday, maybe Tuesday]. The coaches are heading to Naples next week for the AHCA meetings, which will certainly be interesting. We're also in the national signing period, so some of these verbal commitments y'all have unearthed should become things that the university can discuss.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

What I'd give to attend a BLC meeting.
                            -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                            web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

FYI - Another recruit on the Heisenberg site:
                              Jeff Vanderlugt-RW - Surrey (BCHL) 6'3 210, 3-12-90 (50-24-21-45-89)

also, MSU-Mankato released their schedule. UAH will be at Mankato Dec 9 & 10.
                              http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...425113107.aspx

Comment

Next BLC meeting is Monday 5/2 at 7:00 p.m. We'll have at least one more in May, probably on a Tuesday night.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X