Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

I think they may have pulled it out of Extra; I talked about it with Todd Milewski.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH recruits Creppin and Lysaght have put up some good #'s for their teams in the regular season.

Comment

Final Coaches Luncheon today at Noon in Spragins Hall, as usual. The U-18 Head Coach Ron Rolston is the guest speaker. Today's luncheon is catered by Terranova... the best Italian food in the state...JMHO Come on out for this season's final Coach's Luncheon and this weekend's games against the NDTP U18 team... one of which will include Senior Night!!! See you there...
        Doug
        UAH 1974
        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

All right, I had three different people ask me about this on Friday, so I'm going to say this as plainly as I know how.

THERE WILL BE UAH HOCKEY IN 2011-12.

Did you get that? I'll say it again.

One more time, with feeling.

UAH has a full independent schedule for next season, and strong starts for 12-13 and 13-14. This was true when Danton was the head coach, and Chris has further developed the schedule. There are some great series on the schedule next season, and they aren't all on the road.

I fully expect the western college hockey conference situation will be hashed out either this summer or next. I think that we all know that the conference situation needs to change for UAH for us to be viable long-term. But THERE WILL BE UAH HOCKEY IN 2011-12.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            All right, I had three different people ask me about this on Friday, so I'm going to say this as plainly as I know how.

UAH has a full independent schedule for next season, and strong starts for 12-13 and 13-14. This was true when Danton was the head coach, and Chris has further developed the schedule. There are some great series on the schedule next season, and they aren't all on the road.

I fully expect the western college hockey conference situation will be hashed out either this summer or next. I think that we all know that the conference situation needs to change for UAH for us to be viable long-term. But THERE WILL BE UAH HOCKEY IN 2011-12.

GFM
            Is at Merrimack on the schedule for 2011-12? Can you give college hockey fans any insight on the schedule for next year?

Comment

GFM
              SING IT!!! THERE WILL BE UAH HOCKEY IN 2011-12!

The ACHA meetings take place at the end of April, right? I'm wondering if the Big Ten has to make an official decision about the formation of the BTHC by that time before the coaches can start talking realignment.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                Is at Merrimack on the schedule for 2011-12? Can you give college hockey fans any insight on the schedule for next year?
                In a normal year, I could ask and answer these kinds of questions. Right now I cannot, as I am working in the Sports Information office to backfill while SID Antoine Bell is serving as interim AD. As I am functionally a University employee as of 17 Feb 2011, I can't ask for and then disseminate that kind of information. I am also prohibited from commenting on player commitments prior to those players signing a National Letter of Intent. You will note that I have discussed recruiting at length in previous posts, but said posts came prior to my hire date.

The only schedule point that I can discuss is what Jim Harris said at the news conference announcing the hiring of Chris Luongo as head coach. In that presser, Jim disclosed the Nashville series with Merrimack as well as a home-and-home with Ohio State over the next two seasons. As UAH traveled to Columbus this year, common sense implies a return visit this year. Past that, you will need to perform your own investigations.

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                The AHCA meetings take place at the end of April, right? I'm wondering if the Big Ten has to make an official decision about the formation of the BTHC by that time before the coaches can start talking realignment.
                The AHCA meets in April, yes. I would expect that BTHC considerations would be front-and-center unless the league makes its future known prior to that date.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Good to hear that.

I had thought that UAH would be returning to RPI in 11-12 since RPI was in Huntsville this season, but from what has been revealed about RPI's schedule on the season-ticket application, that isn't happening. I guess either UAH's participation in RPI's Holiday tourney was regarded as a return trip, or a return trip will take place in a later year.

BTW, RPI's tourney also has disappeared, although it could come back in some future year.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Recruiting web site says Penn State has signed its first recruits. Looking at the age of the players, they will be headed to Penn State next year?

Not sure what (if anything) this means for Penn State's start date.

Comment

Matt Baxter

Cam Talbot

Matt played tonight in Cincinnati, and Cam went back down to Connecticut today. As Johnson is up to sit behind Lundqvist, Cam should get the bulk of the minutes, which will be great for his further development. For those following along, Cam gets this shot because of an injury to Marty Biron. Biron blocked Scott Munroe in both Philly and with the Isles. I guess my voodoo doll finally worked.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Matt Baxter

Cam Talbot

Matt played tonight in Cincinnati, and Cam went back down to Connecticut today. As Johnson is up to sit behind Lundqvist, Cam should get the bulk of the minutes, which will be great for his further development. For those following along, Cam gets this shot because of an injury to Marty Biron. Biron blocked Scott Munroe in both Philly and with the Isles. I guess my voodoo doll finally worked.

GFM
                        Was at the Reading/Cincinnati game last night, and Matt played well in his pro debut. Reading dressed 5 D, so it looked as if he was being used to spell others but still saw 4/5 shifts in each of the first two periods. Was a 2-2 game until Cincinnati scored the eventual game winner with about 5 mins to go, so as to be expected, both teams shortened their benches in the third.

But he didn't look out of place at all and you didn't notice him - which is a good thing for a defenseman, who usually only draw attention when they get beat. He was even on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                          Was at the Reading/Cincinnati game last night, and Matt played well in his pro debut. Reading dressed 5 D, so it looked as if he was being used to spell others but still saw 4/5 shifts in each of the first two periods. Was a 2-2 game until Cincinnati scored the eventual game winner with about 5 mins to go, so as to be expected, both teams shortened their benches in the third.

But he didn't look out of place at all and you didn't notice him - which is a good thing for a defenseman, who usually only draw attention when they get beat. He was even on the night.
                          I had wondered if you'd gone.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Good to hear a Charger do good in his first outing in the pros... Go Bax!!!
                            Doug
                            UAH 1974

Comment

...any update on the ad search?

Comment

AD Search Update:

The search committee has narrowed the candidate pool of AD's to four, with on-campus interviews next week. I don't know names yet. And no info on their experience with DI hockey either...
                                Doug
                                UAH 1974

Comment

Working...
                                X