Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    I'm trying to remember if UAH has ever played the defending champs before...
    2002-3. Played UMinn the night they rose their banner. Vanek got a HT. 12-1. My crew drank for hours after the game.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH coming to play Denver on January 6th & 7th.

Hope all of you are doing OK.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I went to campus today to see about a couple of things. They have power there now. There are parts of West Huntsville---mainly the residential areas around Cummings Research Park, and I think that this extends into East Madison where Doug lives---that are without power. As campus is now closed through Monday, they've postponed graduation into August as campus needs to get ready for the summer terms. Faculty are being pushed to get their grades in by COB tomorrow, if I remember correctly, to ensure that students know what their grades were prior to exams. Students will still have the option to take them, but I doubt you'll see many do so.

I ran into Burkholder, Bruni, Saunders, and Uusivirta while I was out. Both of the seniors are aiming on being back at graduation. Clarke and Lasse clearly showed the effects of the post-season workouts.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
          Unfortunately, this is the second year in a row that we've been traveling at Awards Dinner/Auction time. These are probably the only two we have ever missed. Geof, it would be nice if either you or Jamie would provide a report at
          http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...116&Itemid=245 .

T
          Was E.J. Brophy at the banquet?

Did the new athletic director go with the coaches to Florida? I guess if there was any encouraging news re a conference for UAH, they would have shared it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post

Did the new athletic director go with the coaches to Florida? I guess if there was any encouraging news re a conference for UAH, they would have shared it by now.
            Come to think of it, I haven't heard much of any news coming from those coaches meetings, let alone anything regarding UAH. All I've seen really is Pletsch becoming the CCHA commissioner, talk about reducing hits to the head, and coaches talking with programs that needed coaches -- nothing about realignment potential. Did I miss something?
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
              Unfortunately, Dr. Brophy had a prior engagement that he couldn't break, and he was upset that he couldn't be there.

Everything that I have heard about the meetings, from our coaches and non-UAH sources, indicates that Not Much Happened. I expect June will be the apex for this summer. I'm hoping that decisions are made sooner rather than later. I expect that Notre Dame is in the driver's seat.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
              X