• true2BSU
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

our thoughts are with you

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Huntsville proper was not damaged past trees and power lines down. Madison, where I live, is the same way. In outlying areas of Madison County, it's worse, but nothing awful. Last I heard 7dead in MC.

Power will be out for up to a week. The transmission line off of Browns Ferry nuclear power plant is destroyed. Most of north Alabama is without power. Madison County is entirely serviced by that trunk line. Unless you are texting folks, you won't hear from them unless they leave town. I'm in Jackson, Tenn. with my family.

UAH is fine. Campus is closed until further notice. They have a plan to start exams on Monday but I think even they'll agree that's optimistic.

Nothing in Huntsville compares to Cullman or Tuscaloosa. I cannot wrap my head around either one.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
    Could Huntsville folks and fans check in and let us know you are safe??
    I've just moved out of Huntsville so I'm not really there anymore, but I've gotten a hold of a number of local folks and so far everyone I've tried to find has been okay though a number are a bit rattled. It's a mess down there, and most of the area is without power so it may be as much as 5 days before most will be back online.

Leave a comment:

• Third Family Member
    replied

Could Huntsville folks and fans check in and let us know you are safe??

Leave a comment:

• fangers
    replied

Hope all the Charger fans and their families in the Huntsville area are safe, first & foremost, and that they were spared any property damage as a result of all those storms.

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    FYI - Another recruit on the Heisenberg site:
    Jeff Vanderlugt-RW - Surrey (BCHL) 6'3 210, 3-12-90 (50-24-21-45-89)

also, MSU-Mankato released their schedule. UAH will be at Mankato Dec 9 & 10.
    http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...425113107.aspx
    From what was said by the staff at the BLC, looks like a couple more d-men to be recruited and a goalie.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Next BLC meeting is Monday 5/2 at 7:00 p.m. We'll have at least one more in May, probably on a Tuesday night.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

FYI - Another recruit on the Heisenberg site:
    Jeff Vanderlugt-RW - Surrey (BCHL) 6'3 210, 3-12-90 (50-24-21-45-89)

also, MSU-Mankato released their schedule. UAH will be at Mankato Dec 9 & 10.
    http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...425113107.aspx

Leave a comment:

• wnickelson
    replied

What I'd give to attend a BLC meeting.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I believe we can do that one day next week. I'm out today and am pretty covered up tomorrow.

We'll have a BLC meeting early the week of May 2 [probably Monday, maybe Tuesday]. The coaches are heading to Naples next week for the AHCA meetings, which will certainly be interesting. We're also in the national signing period, so some of these verbal commitments y'all have unearthed should become things that the university can discuss.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• tnlong
    replied

Unfortunately, this is the second year in a row that we've been traveling at Awards Dinner/Auction time. These are probably the only two we have ever missed. Geof, it would be nice if either you or Jamie would provide a report at
    http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...116&Itemid=245 .

T
    Last edited by tnlong; 04-21-2011, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Another recruit posted on Heisenberg site:

http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985
    Have you noticed that this year's recruits almost all have size and heft? That's something that was obviously missing against several teams this past season. We were an overall very small team with only average speed. In the past our small players were all speedsters. Speed can make up for size in alot of instances... not all, but alot. Small size and average speed obviously does not bode well for outcomes... Hopefully, this year's recruits will contribute early.

Leave a comment:

• Back check
    replied

Another recruit posted on Heisenberg site:

http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._alabama-.html

Don't take this to mean "oh God varsity hockey is dead at UAH". Johnson said in his first-stage interview that no AD would save UAH hockey, and that it would come from outside forces. He's right about that.

I'm hearing enough good things about how the shakeout will happen out west that I'm very confident at this point. I have a proposed solution that I'm finishing writing up.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I'm glad to hear everyone's issues with this year's BLC, even though I'm certainly not happy that folks are having them. I don't know where the balls were dropped, but I'll find out. This is actually making the case for an off-campus, 501(c)3 organization.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X