Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

    Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    You're right...the UAH-Bemidji era likely ends next season. We'll just have to enjoy this while we can. Today in particular.
    Nah, it'll come back. Western realignment is going to shake a number of things up, including the insularity of conference scheduling. B10 schools aren't going to want to play a 24-game schedule. CHA fans know how unpleasant that can be.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

    Comment


    • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

      Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Nah, it'll come back. Western realignment is going to shake a number of things up, including the insularity of conference scheduling. B10 schools aren't going to want to play a 24-game schedule. CHA fans know how unpleasant that can be.

      GFM
      No offense, but there's a huge difference, though, between BSU/UAH/et. all and scheduling OOC games and Minnesota/Penn State and Michigan.

      Here you go (BTHC): 6 teams, 20 conference games (home and home vs. everyone) and 14 OOC games (or 16 if there are exempt games). In the CHA, there was no real incentive for other schools to want to play BSU/UAH/etc., where as just about every W/CCHA school currently admits that Minnesota/Michigan, etc. drives their attendance, and they "need" them. The WCHA and CCHA would almost be foreced into some sort of scheduling interlock, reducing their number of conference games just to guarantee OOC games vs. the BTHC, and those schools would have plenty of games for variety in their 14-16 OOC games (and they would also give the W/CCHA schools what they want - games vs. their in-state BTHC "rivals").
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

      AHA:
      B1G: UMinn, UWisc
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
      NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

      Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

      Comment


      • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

        Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        No offense, but there's a huge difference, though, between BSU/UAH/et. all and scheduling OOC games and Minnesota/Penn State and Michigan.

        Here you go (BTHC): 6 teams, 20 conference games (home and home vs. everyone) and 14 OOC games (or 16 if there are exempt games). In the CHA, there was no real incentive for other schools to want to play BSU/UAH/etc., where as just about every W/CCHA school currently admits that Minnesota/Michigan, etc. drives their attendance, and they "need" them. The WCHA and CCHA would almost be foreced into some sort of scheduling interlock, reducing their number of conference games just to guarantee OOC games vs. the BTHC, and those schools would have plenty of games for variety in their 14-16 OOC games (and they would also give the W/CCHA schools what they want - games vs. their in-state BTHC "rivals").
        The reduction in conference games for CCHA and WCHA is what I was meaning, but I didn't fully finish the thought. An interlock would certainly be a reasonable solution in the west. If the BTHC brings about more non-conference games for all of college hockey, I look at that as a net positive.

        GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

        Comment


        • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

          Nice to see the Chargers on the good end of a one-goal game. Only the 3rd time in last 28 tries UAH has beaten BSU.

          Now comes Merrimack who waxed Maine 7-1 last night.
          Last edited by Back check; 01-10-2011, 06:41 AM.

          Comment


          • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

            Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
            Nice to see the Chargers on the good end of a one-goal game. Only the 3rd time in last 28 tries UAH has beaten BSU.

            Now comes Merrimack who waxed Maine 7-1 last night.
            No one is going to be able to make the drive from Huntsville to Nashville anyway. It sounds like the world is ending down there......
            Millsy

            NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!


            "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

            BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

            Comment


            • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

              Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              No one is going to be able to make the drive from Huntsville to Nashville anyway. It sounds like the world is ending down there......
              Hey Millsy - You wanna send down here some of those yellow and orange golf balls... with all this white stuff around I think I'm going to need them... This stuff is ruining my Monday golf day!!! ...and I can't find my balls... golf balls that is...
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

              Comment


              • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                Hey Millsy - You wanna send down here some of those yellow and orange golf balls... with all this white stuff around I think I'm going to need them... This stuff is ruining my Monday golf day!!! ...and I can't find my balls... golf balls that is...
                I don't have any of those type. I figure I can see well enough yet that I don't need the optical "enhancement"
                Millsy

                NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!


                "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

                BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

                Comment


                • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                  Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  No one is going to be able to make the drive from Huntsville to Nashville anyway. It sounds like the world is ending down there......
                  Pretty much. Hockey team might have to skate to Nashville. Good for the endurance, I guess.

                  GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

                  Comment


                  • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                    Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    I don't have any of those type. I figure I can see well enough yet that I don't need the optical "enhancement"
                    Oooooooo... burn!
                    Doug
                    UAH 1974
                    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

                    Comment


                    • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                      Hey, heads up to those coming to Nashville for the games. I've got an e-mail telling me that a number of parking lots in the area aren't going to be open this weekend with the swearing in of the new Governor and State Speaker. I suspect they're mostly government employee lots but the e-mail with the details is on my work computer not this one. In any case this may make parking for Bridgestone a bit more creative than some would like.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                        Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                        Hey, heads up to those coming to Nashville for the games. I've got an e-mail telling me that a number of parking lots in the area aren't going to be open this weekend with the swearing in of the new Governor and State Speaker. I suspect they're mostly government employee lots but the e-mail with the details is on my work computer not this one. In any case this may make parking for Bridgestone a bit more creative than some would like.
                        Funny you should mention Nashville. I just got an e-mail from the Predators offering free-ish* tickets for both games this weekend. If you haven't bought up yet and you subscribe to the Preds email list, you might wanna check it out.

                        * -ish meaning there is an $0.82 Ticketmaster charge.
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

                        Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

                        "Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

                        Comment


                        • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                          The team is just about to leave for Nashville... itinerary says 6:30 pm, about 6 minutes from now. I'll be heading up tomorrow as I'd rather spend the night in my own bed. I'll meet the team at the arena a couple of hours before game time. Should be an interesting time. Hope we can hold our own against what is turning out to be a killer team in Merrimack. Depends on the hotel's upload speeds as to whether I will be able to post any pics Saturday morning... See you there!
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974
                          Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                          Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                          Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                          Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                          Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                            Enjoy the trip, Doug.

                            GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

                            Comment


                            • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                              AUGH, that collapse was painful. I'm sure that it was worse in person. Four goals in exactly ten minutes from the one in the late second to the first three in the third ... ouch. Everything I heard on the Merrimack broadcast indicated that the Warriors were getting foiled at every turn by Saunders. Did the chances just improve late?

                              I hope the boys bounce back with the short turn. I'm driving up this morning to watch.

                              GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

                              Comment


                              • Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

                                Chris Heisenberg's 2011 recruiting list indicates that the OJHL's Oakville Braves' Kyle Lysaght will be a Charger come next season. Lysaght is from Marietta, GA, and he's been a consistent scorer in the OJHL: 26-23--49 in 56GP last season, and 26-19--45 through 37GP this season. Welcome, Kyle.

                                GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X