• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeAnderson
    replied
    Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    I am 1000% behind this entire idea. Only stipulation I'd add is Vandy has to sponsor it, and schedule an announcement they're adding varsity hockey at the same time... That would give me a fantastic excuse to visit you folks again (oh, and my sister and her alma mater too).
    Or get Slive up there to announce that the SEC is adding ice hockey as a conference sport and accepting UAH and Kennesaw State as affiliate members.

/wishful thinking

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

Happy Thanksgiving
    Charger Fans!

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    which begs the question, would UAH consider being the host school for a Nashville Frozen Four (assuming 2012 goes well)? Or is a host school even necessary?
    I am 1000% behind this entire idea. Only stipulation I'd add is Vandy has to sponsor it, and schedule an announcement they're adding varsity hockey at the same time... That would give me a fantastic excuse to visit you folks again (oh, and my sister and her alma mater too).

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    [W]ould UAH consider being the host school for a Nashville Frozen Four (assuming 2012 goes well)? Or is a host school even necessary?
    I don't know how much money is involved from the University's perspective, so it's uncertain; of course, it's easier to staff Nashville than Tampa, because you could have auxiliary staff drive up if needed, rather than having to overstaff just-in-case.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    I'd definitely consider it. I'm hoping I can go to 2012 in Tampa simply because it's UAH hosting -- which begs the question, would UAH consider being the host school for a Nashville Frozen Four (assuming 2012 goes well)? Or is a host school even necessary?

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    It's not loud at all. It does get a little boring for adults after 3 or 4 laps but kids seem to really like the ride. If you're intersted send me an email with your names and I'll see what I can do... I'm assuming you're at all the home games. If not, include a list of the home games you'll be able to make. (Just click on my name to send me an email)
    Thanks for the offer, but we actually live in North Carolina -- we made the trip to Huntsville specifically to see that series (I was suffering from Charger hockey withdrawl). I don't think we'll be able to make any more games this season (unless I get that private jet for Christmas).

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Well, but tickets to the FF can be hard to get, especially good seats. That's why they do lotteries a year or so in advance. I'd go just because I enjoy college-style hockey played at the highest tier.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Douglas
    replied

If there was a team in it that I cared about... you betcha! I have to be somewhat invested in the outcome to want to go. Otherwise I'd have just a mild interest in what the final score was for teams I cared nothing about. There are just too many things out there competing for my interests than to go watch four teams, no matter how good they are, in which I have no vested interest.

Leave a comment:

• jyoung
    replied

It's not just the coaches. A verbal commitment is meaningless from a kid at any rate. Kid can change his mind right up until signing date (early period has already passed, so April 13-August 1).

In other news, would you go?

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2010/11/...aa-frozen-four
    I'd seriously consider it, though it would depend on who was playing. I tend to only attend sporting events where I can root comfortably for at least one team. I'd find that hard to do if we're talking a Minn./Wis./ND/OSU type combo... all schools I was raised to root against in all circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Absolutely.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

It's not just the coaches. A verbal commitment is meaningless from a kid at any rate. Kid can change his mind right up until signing date (early period has already passed, so April 13-August 1).

In other news, would you go?

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2010/11/...aa-frozen-four

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    True, but the nice thing about college hockey is that once a kid has made his verbal, most (I stress MOST) coaches consider the kid off limits. But until that NLI is signed, things can change.
    Indeed, it's really good that the gentlemen's agreement about poaching is largely honored.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Heisenberg has good sources, but typically he's just collating the reports of players self-declaring. Self-declaring doesn't always equal signing a national letter of intent, though.

GFM
    True, but the nice thing about college hockey is that once a kid has made his verbal, most (I stress MOST) coaches consider the kid off limits. But until that NLI is signed, things can change.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by ChargerBlue View Post
    If you want to keep up with the latest recruiting information go to this site....

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=1

Coaches can't talk specifically about any recruit until they're signed. That's across the board in the NCAA.
    Heisenberg has good sources, but typically he's just collating the reports of players self-declaring. Self-declaring doesn't always equal signing a national letter of intent, though.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• ChargerBlue
    replied

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Sounds like JP1 has some contacts in the college hockey network. JP1 - have you heard anything about possible UAH recruits?
    If you want to keep up with the latest recruiting information go to this site....

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=1

Coaches can't talk specifically about any recruit until they're signed. That's across the board in the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X