The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

The season must be almost upon us, the goons are climbing out of their summer hibernation

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Anyway, Merrimack finishes with home ice this year, AND finishes above Vermont.
      Which both finish way in front of UML

After being the biggest group of posters last summer the UML guys did a major disappearing act from not only the HE threads but here as well.

But I am sure this prediction will turn out as well as all yours from last year.
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Season preview of the defense

Medvec is the tallest d-man in college hockey...

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYCF9BDPkXc?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYCF9BDPkXc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It must be the off season. How else would you have gotten your rep back in the positive?

Anyway, Merrimack finishes with home ice this year, AND finishes above Vermont. Book it. Done. Fact. Science.

p.s. Da Costa is better than any player on the Catamount roster, and it's not even close.

p.p.s That statement applies to most of the teams in Hockey East, so don't feel too bad.
          a.) Well, the UML fans have been pretty much absent, and the BC fans more or less as well. So yeah the off season has me back in the positive, of course it also maybe the lack of flamefests....

b.) I disagree, but hey, we will see how things go. But rest assured I will bookmark this post and remind you at the end of the year.

c.) Da Costa is a great player, certainly one of the best in the country. I will reserve judgment however that he is better then anyone at UVM until after I have seen the freshman play a few, but I suspect you are correct on this one.

d.) Don't worry, I don't feel bad. Teams have great players. The league is competitive and every team has a player that every other team wishes were on their team. Well, except maybe providence...

Comment

new game added to schedule?

12/29/2010 game vs. U.S. National University????? Is this the National Development Program in Ann Arbor?

""12/29/2010 U.S. National University 8:00 p.m. Burlington, VT Details
            Catamount Cup
            1/1/2011 Army vs. Harvard 4:00 p.m. Burlington, VT Details
            1/1/2011 Ohio State 7:05 p.m. Burlington, VT Details
            1/2/2011 Army vs. Ohio State 4:00 p.m. Burlington, VT Details
            1/2/2011 Harvard 7:05 p.m. Burlington, VT Details
            1/9/2011 Boston U + 7:30 p.m. Burlington, VT Details""
            Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/alm...r-heaviest.php
              Heaviest Players

Name Team Weight

Dan Lawson Vermont 246
              Kyle Bigos Merrimack 235
              Oliver Lauridsen St. Cloud State 228
              Kyle Medvec Vermont 225
              Tyler Elbrecht Minnesota State 225
              Dan DeLisle Minnesota-Duluth 225
              Jamie Oleksiak Northeastern 225
              Kevin Beauregard Rensselaer 225
              Nick Vangog St. Lawrence 225
              Ricky Doriott Michigan Tech 225
              Ryan Raven Mercyhurst 225
              Anthony Bitetto Northeastern 224
              Justin DeMartino Ferris State 223
              Thomas Larkin Colgate 221
              Bryan Felice Sacred Heart 220
              Aaron Schmit Ferris State 220
              Nik Pokulok Clarkson 220
              Mike Glaicar Quinnipiac 220
              Jeremy Goodwin Princeton 220
              Michael Sdao Princeton 220
              Greg Pateryn Michigan 220
              Ben Blood North Dakota 220
              Carl Nielsen Michigan Tech 220
              Seth Helgeson Minnesota 220
              Zach Budish Minnesota 220
              Dylan Olsen Minnesota-Duluth 220
              Pasko Skarica Nebraska-Omaha 220
              Jordan Willert Nebraska-Omaha 220
              Justin Vaive Miami 218
              Doug Leaverton Colorado College 218
              Cody Butcher Alaska-Fairbanks 218

Comment

Pacan booted from team

Per the Freep...
                bummer
                guess it wasn't an injury as some of the optimists had assumed

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/2010/09/28/david-pacan-dismissed-from-uvm-hockey-team/[/URL]
                Last edited by oGstaCoG; 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover
                  Which both finish in front of UML

After being the biggest group of posters last summer the UML guys did a major disappearing act from not only the HE threads but here as well.

But I am sure this prediction will turn out as well as all yours from last year.
                  You really should post this again, I don't think the first three times got your point across.

I don't know about the rest of the UML fans, but with the exception of recruit talk, there isn't a hell of a lot going on between April and the end of July in the hockey world. Even if Lowell had the Boston Bruin's roster I wouldn't have much to say during the summer...there's plenty of time for trash talk when fall rolls around. (see: now)

Bold prediction: Lowell struggles this year with an uber young team (ok, that's not so bold) but does no worse than split with UVM for the season series. Face!
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Losing Pacan is a huge blow to the top two lines and forward depty. I would argue he was going to be one of our top three forwards this year and the following two seasons. 7 goals last year as a very young freshman was a good campaign.

This drops them a spot in the HE standings and makes the group of young forwards even thinner

Let's hope Brickley, Lenz, White and company bring it.

Comment

Offense Preview :

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxZDiIRXN54?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxZDiIRXN54?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Not sure how the Pacan thing will turn out, it's disappointing to lose a player. Sneddon has commented however, that Brickley and White have shown themselves to be of superior skill then most incoming recruits. That's no surprise for Conner, but it's good to hear that Matt White hasn't been hurt that much by returning to his HS team for a year.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of the UML fans, but with the exception of recruit talk, there isn't a hell of a lot going on between April and the end of July in the hockey world.
                        Its amazing you can type this with a straight face after how much chest thumping you guys did last summer in our threads alone talking about everything but recruits.

You guys come and go at the drop of a hat, lets review last year shall we.

All summer "UML will rule and VT's FF run was bogus....."
                        After good start "More our D Rocks etc etc..."
                        After annual mid year slump ship jumping begins and posters disappear
                        End of season finish ahead of VT "Were back we rock hadda hadda"
                        After loss to Maine and VT upsets UNH "CRICKETS"

Comment

I don't know about the rest of the UML fans, but with the exception of recruit talk, there isn't a hell of a lot going on between April and the end of July in the hockey world. Even if Lowell had the Boston Bruin's roster I wouldn't have much to say during the summer...there's plenty of time for trash talk when fall rolls around. (see: now)
                          Like it or not, we had a couple of people in here daily last offseason jabbering away. Which caused the UVM fans to do the same on our thread. Annoying on both sides. Let's leave them be, shall we?

On topic ... sorry to hear about Pacan. Hate hearing that kinda news about any kid who's basically wasting a wonderful opportunity.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            All summer "UML will rule and VT's FF run was bogus....."
                            At least we all agree on this part.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Yeah, we are going to need Brickley and White (and hopefully Lenz) to have impact years as freshmen to make up for losing a top six, arguably top three forward in Pacan. Also need Marshall to step up to some level of offensive contribution and for Downing and Stacey to have strong seasons along with Burrows who showed promise up front late last year.

I really thought Pacan was going to have a monster year and this is really disappointing news (reminds me of the Graham Mink situation a while back)

However, it's a team game and there are 18 other guys dressed each night so they can overcome it

Coach Sneddon sets a high standard and it's good to hold that standard for everyone to see

They actually played better without Milo last year than with, I don't think Pacan's issue - whatever it was - was evident in his play last year but he did have an interesting year - scoring in about six consecutive games starting around Christmas and then being mostly shut out down the stretch

Comment

Glad to see that at least one sports team has some morals and sticks to the rules even when it hurts the teams chances to win.

Anyone in the JETS front office should be ashamed.

And I bet what Pacan did wasn't illigal or could have got someone killed.

So many times teams overlook things in win at all costs mentality, while I hate to see it happen I am glad it happened before the season starts not later like last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X