X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

You are draft eligible for three years.
    This year was Stahlberg and mullane from BC there last year of eligibility
    Furthermore if the article was accurate as a free agent if he was loved by scouts wouldst been invited to a camp which he wasn't. My point isn't to shed any negative light on any kid its just to expose these rags that writeeithout any degree of accuracy.

Comment

Just a quick comparison :

Vik

Fr = 15pts
      So= 23pts
      Jr = 46pts

Seb

Fr = 19pts
      So=?

What I really find to be exciting regarding Stalberg Jr. is that he didn't really do much of anything the first half of the season. Through the first 18 games he had 1g 5a = 6pts in 15 games played. And 2 of those 6 pts came against the UMD game, which is the last game I am considering to be the first half.

The second half he came on a lot stronger and ended 5g 8a in 21 games, which isn't spectacular but much more productive, and he was much more of a presence on the ice.

Also, as noted by snwbrdr he is so much more of a well rounded player the Viktor was. He doesn't have the explosive speed but he has a lot of offensive potential and is also defensively strong as well. And he is a much grittier player then Viktor was.

I can see him putting up 30 pts this season.

Also of note, since there was talk of Stacey regarding him being unable to really have a break out year. I think he can have a breakout year...if he can manage to stay healthy...

Last season Stacey played in only 20 games but still managed to post 18 pts. That's almost a ppg and considering all the ice time he missed that's pretty darn good. Extrapolating thats a 35-40 pts season in his Junior year which would have scoring more points then Strong, Carlson, Lenes, Irwin, Vock, or Roloff in their Sr. seasons. And he has improved tremendously,

Wahs:

Fr =0.28 ppg
      So=0.51 ppg
      Jr =0.90 ppg

If Wahs can stay healthy and play 38+ games he could easily have a more productive season then any Cat in recent history. The main difference between Wahs and say Viktor or Brayden is that he is quiet on the ice, he doesn't stand out and isn't really flashy. Hopefully whatever the issues were last season have had a chance to heal and he will be ready to go from the start this year.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
        That's definitely wrong. You become draft eligible when you're 18 (or 17 if you turn 18 by Sept. 15) and you stay eligible until you're 19 (you lose eligibility the year you turn 20, which for Stalberg was this year). That's two years. There's no way for anyone playing in a North American league to be eligible for three years.

I'm not trying to defend INCH (although I do think they're a credible source and I have no reason to question them), but if you're gonna call them out for getting something wrong, you might wanna make sure you get it right yourself.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This year was Stahlberg and mullane from BC there last year of eligibility
          Furthermore if the article was accurate as a free agent if he was loved by scouts wouldst been invited to a camp which he wasn't. My point isn't to shed any negative light on any kid its just to expose these rags that writeeithout any degree of accuracy.
          The age requirement for the draft as I understand it is players who turn 18 by September 15 and are not older than 20 by December 31 are eligible for selection.

Sebastian turned 20 on June 30th which would make him ineligible for the draft. While he is a non-north american born player he is now a North American PLAYER which places him in the age restriction category...

Or at least that is my understanding based on the NHL information online. The 3 year eligibility is restricted by age, 18, 19, and 20. It's not a blanket requirement. For example you are not eligible at 21,22,and 23.

Regardless, doesn't much matter, he is playing at UVM this season and has a tremendous upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            That's definitely wrong. You become draft eligible when you're 18 (or 17 if you turn 18 by Sept. 15) and you stay eligible until you're 19 (you lose eligibility the year you turn 20, which for Stalberg was this year). That's two years. There's no way for anyone playing in a North American league to be eligible for three years.

I'm not trying to defend INCH (although I do think they're a credible source and I have no reason to question them), but if you're gonna call them out for getting something wrong, you might wanna make sure you get it right yourself.
            Directly form NHL.com

Draft Eligibility

Beginning with the 1980 Entry Draft and continuing today, all 18, 19 and 20-year old North American and non-North American born players have been eligible to be drafted. In addition, non-North American players aged 21-years or older are eligible for claim. From 1987 to 1991, the selection of 18 and 19-year-old players was restricted to the first three rounds of the draft, unless the player met qualifying criteria that dealt with hockey experience in major junior, U.S. college and high school or European hockey. Starting with the 1992 Draft, those players were available in all rounds.

I did call them out as I know for a fact about the draft. I got it right Federal.

Comment

Directly form NHL.com

Draft Eligibility

Beginning with the 1980 Entry Draft and continuing today, all 18, 19 and 20-year old North American and non-North American born players have been eligible to be drafted. In addition, non-North American players aged 21-years or older are eligible for claim. From 1987 to 1991, the selection of 18 and 19-year-old players was restricted to the first three rounds of the draft, unless the player met qualifying criteria that dealt with hockey experience in major junior, U.S. college and high school or European hockey. Starting with the 1992 Draft, those players were available in all rounds.

I did call them out as I know for a fact about the draft. I got it right Federal.
              I could've sworn you lost eligibility when you turned 20, not 21. Learn something new every day I guess.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Alumni Update

Sifers had an assist for the Thrashers and had the second most TOI for them. He is such a hard worker, hopefully he is able to stick with the NHL club.

Mitchell has had a goal in each of the Sharks first two preseason game, and has scored 1/3rd of the Sharks goals

Comment

About a week to go before the first exhibition game against UNB. UNB is currently 4-0 and have outscored their opponents 26-7 through those 4 games...OUCH.

It will be a good test for the Cats.

Comment

Season tix arrived in the mail yesterday - Friday Sept 24

Comment

(I also posted this in the RPI thread)

The University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds won their own Fall Classic tournament on the weekend. In their first game they dominated the visiting Guelph Grypons of the OUA conference, outshooting them 40-15 and winning 4-2. The Gryphons had a game first period, but in the second and third periods only their goaltender, and good penalty kill, kept them from getting blown out. UNB hasn't played Guelph since they lost to them in the championship game for the 1997 University Cup, so some justice for fans with long memories ...

Yesterday was the championship game, with a bit of surprising score. UNB was up against rival Saint Mary's Huskies, the reigning CIS champions. Well, the V-Reds got off to a good start, converted some early bounces, and then basically steamrolled the Huskies who weren't getting great goaltending. UNB was missing Hunter Tremblay, the CIS Player of the Year, with a minor injury, and SMU was missing a couple of key players, but still ... What showed was UNB's superior early season conditioning. UNB outshot SMU 44-21 and the final score was 10-3. Not pretty.
                      "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

Comment

Single game tickets are available as of 9:00 AM this morning. Nice little video up on the UVM site to get folks fired up for the season.

http://www.uvmathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_3

Comment

Originally posted by 4035 View Post
                          Single game tickets are available as of 9:00 AM this morning. Nice little video up on the UVM site to get folks fired up for the season.

http://www.uvmathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_3
                          i picked up a couple but wondered why you cant pick a section. there is a place to choose another price level but takes you to the same page you are on, so, there is no other price level?? only $20? which is fine but i wanted seats better than section 1, does anyone know if tickets are available closer to center ice as section 1 is in a deep corner by the handicapped section, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            i picked up a couple but wondered why you cant pick a section. there is a place to choose another price level but takes you to the same page you are on, so, there is no other price level?? only $20? which is fine but i wanted seats better than section 1, does anyone know if tickets are available closer to center ice as section 1 is in a deep corner by the handicapped section, thanks
                            If you call by phone they will tell you where seats are available. You are right, online it ask for a different price level, which there is none, and it picks them at random seemingly. But by phone they will tell you what's available.

You didn't by chance by tix for the BC game

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              If you call by phone they will tell you where seats are available. You are right, online it ask for a different price level, which there is none, and it picks them at random seemingly. But by phone they will tell you what's available.

You didn't by chance by tix for the BC game
                              um, ya, i did.......... thanks for the info, i think i'll give 'em a call before i buy for the saturday and ask about friday night's, appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                Nah, it's a bit of a rotation. Last year it was UML (and the end of the year before) the year before it was the NU when Theissen was hot.

I'm thinking this year with the off-season talk I am expecting it will be MC. They seem to be pretty high on themselves and I really don't expect they will be anywhere near the 5th place predicition. It will depend on their first few games, they do well and Da Costa will be the second coming of Christ, they do poorly and they will fade to black...

Of note, I haven't seen much of UMLGoon on any of the threads and he was the biggest flamer of the bunch.

And heck you can always get the BC fans going...
                                It must be the off season. How else would you have gotten your rep back in the positive?

Anyway, Merrimack finishes with home ice this year, AND finishes above Vermont. Book it. Done. Fact. Science.

p.s. Da Costa is better than any player on the Catamount roster, and it's not even close.

p.p.s That statement applies to most of the teams in Hockey East, so don't feel too bad.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X