ECAC Hockey 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Hockey 2010-2011

Without a Peer talks about the upcoming season: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/withoutapeer

A couple things I definitely agree with here is that Dartmouth will surprise this year, and I don't think Cornell is going very far in the standings; their system is just too steady. Regarding Yale, yes they're strong, but it will only be a matter of time before the other teams figure out how to beat their game, not to mention the goaltending (like we saw in the regionals last year) needs some work. RPI is probably the only one that can take their game and throw it back at them. Brown showed they can counter the game in the playoffs. Yale will still get a first round bye, but I don't know if they'll be strong enough for national showings; we'll have to look at their NC play.

The only other team I see drastically moving in the standings this year is Union, and my basis upon this decision is indirectly related to their play, it's more of a standpoint of recent history. Good season, bad season, good season, bad season, and last season was good. MAYBE SLU as well, but I have to give props to their coaching and a tough stick-check game.

I'd like to hear a few games from the non-Ivies before I make a decision on who will finish where. I look forward to yapping with everyone as the season progresses regarding the teams, especially when RPI plays them.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      The only other team I see drastically moving in the standings this year is Union, and my basis upon this decision is indirectly related to their play, it's more of a standpoint of recent history. Good season, bad season, good season, bad season, and last season was good. MAYBE SLU as well, but I have to give props to their coaching and a tough stick-check game.
      One flaw in this analysis, you're giving Union credit for too many good seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        One flaw in this analysis, you're giving Union credit for too many good seasons.
        Not if you use Union's criteria... anything over .400 should be good!

Comment

Working...
        X