Bueller... Bueller... Anybody... BG... Anybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bueller... Bueller... Anybody... BG... Anybody

I am hoping we have a few BGSU fans on the fourm. We have gone thru H and back this past year and its time to start a new season with a fresh approach.

Dennis Williams is the new coach. He brings a great attitude and a will to win. This team has been picked by the media and the coaches( atleast 11 of them) to finish dead last, not last, but WAY last. I can certainly see how looking at the surface of the program, a person viewing this season would choose BG to be last, somebody has to be chosen last. However, when you look beyond the surface and get deeper into the team, one can easily see how last is not in the cards this year. I am predicting huge upsets this year.

Re: Bueller... Bueller... Anybody... BG... Anybody

Perhaps the BG hockey program will be like Lance Armstrong - taken to the brink of the abyss, survives, and comes back stronger than before. There are some good hockey players there, some good players coming in this year, and (hopefully) more commiting over the next couple of years. Coaching will be huge - a team does not need to be stacked with the highest end kids to succeed. Just look at what Serratore and his staff have done at AFA with what is essentially a roster of NAHL kids. Repeat participants in the NCAA tourny, and beat some great teams along the way. I hold out hope that BG will hang tough and make an impact.
    Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Barring key injuries they will be competitive. I am looking forward to this season. Bemidji State got no respect last year and your right neither did AF. Everybody counted them out before the first game last year, except their coaches and players!

The players do not need to look too hard to find motivation, look at this http://broncohockey.blogspot.com/200...a-preview.html

If that does not fire up a player then I am not sure what will.

Comment

You rang?
        This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyschmockey View Post
          Barring key injuries they will be competitive. I am looking forward to this season. Bemidji State got no respect last year and your right neither did AF. Everybody counted them out before the first game last year, except their coaches and players!

The players do not need to look too hard to find motivation, look at this http://broncohockey.blogspot.com/200...a-preview.html

If that does not fire up a player then I am not sure what will.
          There's a big difference between Bemidgi winning the worst conference and getting an autobid, than BG winning one of the big 3 conferences and making the tourney. I hope that the program gets some solid footing, kinda hard with that president to trust the efforts though.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyschmockey View Post
            I am hoping we have a few BGSU fans on the fourm.
            There's a couple. Literally.

Originally posted by bueller View Post
            You rang?
            I was waiting for that.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
              You rang?
              That is too funny. Thanks for the grin You can chime in anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                There's a couple. Literally.

I was waiting for that.
                OK let's keep it going. We need some love on this site. First scrimmage tomorrow and I am getting pretty geeked.

BG 6 - 2

Comment

I can't speak for all the other BG posters, but I don't check this site very often. I just prefer to post over on our board.

Comment

Well the final was 7-3 BG. It was fun to watch. This team seems to have plenty of talent and tenacity.
                    Overall, the team looked pretty good, goaltending was solid, d was solid and we put 7 pucks into our opponents nets.

Next weekend we are off to MSU (Mankato). We may be missing a couple of key players for the first game due to on ice issues in last years playoffs, but this should be a great weekend for our team to develop before we get into conference action.

Comment

Working...
                    X