Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    We will have motox give his own unbias analysis on monday when he returns.

Your prediction could happen but it can easily go the other way as well. Anyone, not just SCSU, will have a hard time scoring 5 goals on miami this year.
    And anyone, not just Miami, will have a hard time stopping the Huskies from scoring 5 goals.

My prediction: Miami 4-2 on Friday and Huskies 4-1 on Saturday. Our golden boy Mike Lee starts the season by making a statement that he has arrived.

Can't wait for the flight tomorrow morning, leaving at 10AM. As for the campus, the friend we're going with said after getting the tour I will for sure want my daughter to go there. Told her unless it's an all girls college or a nunnery it's not on the list.

Comment

probably helped blashill was his junior coach. Wanted to play for a program with a chance to win too

Comment

Again, that wasn't the only reason why he chose miami over St. Cloud. It was a factor but there were a lot of other factors that went into it which were ahead of the rink size.
        He was quoted as saying he choose Miami because of the rink size. Were other things involved? I am sure, but he made it sound like it was a toss up. The kid probably wanted to leave little St. Cloud and experience life. There is nothing wrong with that. If I would have grown up there I probably would have wanted to move away too.
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Again, that wasn't the only reason why he chose miami over St. Cloud. It was a factor but there were a lot of other factors that went into it which were ahead of the rink size.
          From the way he was quoted when he made his choice, rink size was a huge factor because it suits his game better he says.

"One thing that played into it for me was in the CCHA the rinks are NHL sized,” Hartman said. “I think that’s better suited to my game and I’m more comfortable there than on the (Olympic) sheet.”
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            I don't think anyone noticed the punchline, but I'm going to guess that it was the SCSU program correct? Miami stole a kid that Motz really wanted, who's brother played for the Huskies, and grew up minutes from the rink. Yup, that's definitely the punchline.
            Whoa.... calm down, there was no offense meant. I said Hook and Line because obviously you two haven't met Red Cloud and Skeeter yet. They were just making ridiculous claims to see if they could get your panties in a bunch, and evidentally they may have succeeded.

Take Red Cloud's posts with a grain of salt. Take Skeeter's with a box of saltines.... and a keg of beer, and call me in the morning

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            FORWARDS

Jared Festler-Garrett Roe-Brian Volpei

Ben Hanowski-Aaron Marvin-Ryan Lasch

Tony Mosey-Drew LeBlanc-Travis Novak

Jordy Christian-Nick Oslund-Ryan Peckskamp

DEFENSE

Brett Barta-Garrett Raboin

Sam Zabkowicz-Chris Hepp

Oliver Lauridsen-Craig Gaudet

GOALIES

Dan Dunn backed up by Mike Lee
            What?!? I mean, I thought I liked Volpei, but put him with Roe and Festler? Ok... I'll go along with this, but I hope it pays off. And no Johnson or Rioux? Are they both healthy? I like putting Barta with Raboin but I'd take the scratched pairing over our 3rd pairing.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              What?!? I mean, I thought I liked Volpei, but put him with Roe and Festler? Ok... I'll go along with this, but I hope it pays off. And no Johnson or Rioux? Are they both healthy? I like putting Barta with Raboin but I'd take the scratched pairing over our 3rd pairing.
              I don't mind Volpei getting a shot with his speed, especially after the 2 goals last week, why not reward the kid, see what he's got.
              Rioux may be in the doghouse for his turnover and Johnson was sick last week.
              Everyone is on the trip so who knows what we'll see Saturday.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Media release
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I don't mind Volpei getting a shot with his speed, especially after the 2 goals last week, why not reward the kid, see what he's got.
                  Rioux may be in the doghouse for his turnover and Johnson was sick last week.
                  Everyone is on the trip so who knows what we'll see Saturday.
                  Volpei really had one, the second was a gift. And I'm not saying it can't work... I'm just amazed and a little curious.

Sure, Rioux should be in Motzko's doghouse... but isn't Rioux in the doghouse still ahead of Gaudet or even the Dane? And that sucks about Johnson.... he needs to get some ice time so he can be ready for WCHA play. Second year in a row, first year blueliners aren't getting their season's started on time. Guess we're happy this year its only one.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Volpei really had one, the second was a gift. And I'm not saying it can't work... I'm just amazed and a little curious.

Sure, Rioux should be in Motzko's doghouse... but isn't Rioux in the doghouse still ahead of Gaudet or even the Dane? And that sucks about Johnson.... he needs to get some ice time so he can be ready for WCHA play. Second year in a row, first year blueliners aren't getting their season's started on time. Guess we're happy this year its only one.
                    Who knows on the D, we don't know much about them right now.
                    From everything I've read, Lauridsen could be a big surprise this year as he is used to the league now.
                    I think he spent a lot of time last year trying to adjust to life in the US, college and NA hockey and I think we'll see a much improved Dane.
                    Gaudet is a decent puck mover and you don't notice him unless he screws up and having some experience back there isn't a bad thing.
                    Johnson will get playing time but keep in mind we have 9 defensemen and other than Raboin, no one can really say they absolutely belong in the lineup game in and game out.
                    I have a feeling Motzko will rotate people for a bit until a top 6 emerges, much like he did a couple years ago.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Johnson will get playing time but keep in mind we have 9 defensemen and other than Raboin, no one can really say they absolutely belong in the lineup game in and game out.
                      I have a feeling Motzko will rotate people for a bit until a top 6 emerges, much like he did a couple years ago.
                      Unless he is hurt or takes a horrid nosedive for the worse, Zabkowicz should play every single game starting this year on.

Comment

Unless he is hurt or takes a horrid nosedive for the worse, Zabkowicz should play every single game starting this year on.
                        That also may depend (unfortunately) on his head as well.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

That also may depend (unfortunately) on his head as well.
                          When I said healthy I meant mentally too

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                            As for the campus, the friend we're going with said after getting the tour I will for sure want my daughter to go there. Told her unless it's an all girls college or a nunnery it's not on the list.
                            That's usually what happens. Aside from being a great school, it's a gorgeous campus in many respects.

Safe travels. I'll be on the lookout for you at Mac n Joes!
                            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

When I said healthy I meant mentally too
                              She meant because of the consussion he got at the end of last year.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Miami Fan Guide is posted. Provides some interesting stuff.

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...0fanguide.html
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X