Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    You didn't have to say them. Choosing a school based on ice size is incredibly wussy.
    Red Cloud are you saying size matters?
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

You didn't have to say them. Choosing a school based on ice size is incredibly wussy.
      It was a factor, there are a lot of reasons to choose Miami over St. Cloud. For those coming into town they will see several of them. 3-1 girl to guy ratio ( and the women are gorgeous), campus is spectacular, Facilities are top notch, program is first class, team is a contender year in and year out. Just to name a few.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        You may be surprised at the speed the Huskies have at forward.
        Hartman is an ok skater, but admitted he picked the smaller ice schools because it's harder to catch people on the bigger sheet.
        He could have problems stopping some guys getting around him, smaller ice or not.
        Also yes we are not a large team, but don't take that to mean that they are afraid of getting hit.
        I don't think we will be surprised by there speed. I think its a well known fact that SCSU is a quick offensive team and Miami will do what they can to try and limit their speed, especially through the neutral zone.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          For the record Joe Hartman is Matt Hartman's brother. Motzko wanted this kid bad and he choose Miami for the small ice. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Hopefully Roe, Lasch and the boys can school him a little this weekend.

This is a huge weekend for the Huskies. Miami is going to be a top ten team all year and winning at least one this weekend is a must when it comes to the pairwise. The Huskies have a ton of untapped talent and two of the best players in college hockey. If Miami thinks they are going walk over the Huskies this weekend they are in for a big surprise. It should be a great weekend of hockey.
          I can gurantee you one thing, this is a really big series for Miami. With all the questions about how they will respond it has been beat into their heads about focus. This coaching staff won't let them look past SCSU.

You are right about this weekend, its big for both teams in regards to getting off to a great start, the pairwise, and Motzko coming back to oxford. I expect a split, both teams are too good to be swept. I think Miami takes game 1 purely on emotion and SCSU earns the split 3-1 on saturday.

In regards to the small SCSU forwards, you will find that Miami has a few small forwards as well. Camper is 5'8 and Miele is 5'7, with Wideman at the point at 5'9. Its more of a trend but those little guys sure are fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            especially through the neutral zone.
            Does Miami play the trap?

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
              I believe it's Mankato who has the clap

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                Yea that's a shocker isn't it? He leaves St Cloud so that he can further his playing career and goes to juniors where the rinks are 200x85, then he picks a school that's 200x85. All that small ice you know he likes to lay the body out there. Have fun trying to skate around him this weekend, not much room for your boys to hide.
                Those words didn't come out of my mouth. Not our fault he wanted to play for a contender rather than stay at home. He has plan's of going to the NHL so he wanted to play on an NHL sized rink, shocker.
                Hook... Line...
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

3-1 girl to guy ratio ( and the women are gorgeous),
                  Someone's never been to St. Cloud.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Is "Moon Over Miami" a book, a song, a movie, or a college prank?
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

• Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

This weekend will be a split with Miami winning on Friday 4 or 5 to 1 and SCSU taking Saturday's in a 2 or 3 to 1 victory.

I am not sold on Dunn. He always gives up at least one extremely weak goal at the wrong time and he's a huge liability on high shots. For a goalie who is as big as he is, he sure gives up a lot of goals up top. I could be wrong, and he could come out with something to prove this weekend. Maybe he trained extra hard in the off-season to stay on his feet longer and controlling his rebounds. I hope he did.

As for Lee, from what I've heard and read on the kid, it sounds like he is going to be outstanding. He stays up longer to prevent the top-shelf goals and doesn't allow many rebounds. We'll see what happens. I could be wrong on him too.

As for Hanowski, I wasn't at the game Sunday, so I didn't get a chance to see him play in person. I did, however, watch the game after I got home that evening. From what I could see, he played well. He looked like he had some poise on the ice and with puck, and seemed to know what he was doing. I was surprised to see him on the PK, but think he did a good job when he was out there. He looked to cover his position well.

It's going to be an interesting weekend, to say the least. Go Huskies!
                      "I told him about this offer and he (Thomas Vanek) told me about the fans at the National Hockey Center," Nodl said. "I was like 'Wow.' He loved playing there because it was so crazy. The students really get into it. It wasn't like Minnesota where you have 10,000 old people not making any noise."

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                        Not a full board trap, but similarities to it. Kind of a combo of that and the left wing lock. They play a 1-2-2 usually and do a great job of taking half the ice away.

Comment

Someone's never been to St. Cloud.
                          No I have, spent a summer up there with usa hockey. Didn't say the women went good looking there but when they have to wear heavy coats and sweats for 8 months of the year it makes a difference . Take a trip to oxford and sit up town for a day, anyone who has been to the campus will second the fact that its a pretty good crop of talent up there.

Comment

Not a full board trap, but similarities to it. Kind of a combo of that and the left wing lock. They play a 1-2-2 usually and do a great job of taking half the ice away.
                            That's the trap. Everyone plays some form of it now.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No I have, spent a summer up there with usa hockey. Didn't say the women went good looking there but when they have to wear heavy coats and sweats for 8 months of the year it makes a difference . Take a trip to oxford and sit up town for a day, anyone who has been to the campus will second the fact that its a pretty good crop of talent up there.
                              The quantity and beauty mean less than the willingness to... you know. THAT, is what St. Cloud girls are famous for!!
                              scsuhockey.com
                              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                                I believe it's Mankato who has the clap
                                LOL! That was the funniest thing you have ever said on here.
                                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 10-08-2009, 11:45 AM.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X