Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    That sounds great. Couple of fun, local watering holes that I would suggest - Mac n Joes (in the alley off High Street which is THE main drag through Oxford - basic brews on tap, good food) or Steinkeller (big, German beers on tap and good German fare). Steinkeller is on High Street. If you are familiar with Cincinnati-style chili, or even if you aren't, grab a coney or a 3-way from Skyline, or if you're really adventurous, grab a slice pie from local pizza joint, Bruno's. It's an Oxford tradition. Trolling High Street on Saturday afternoon should be good for people watching and you can hit different boutiques and restaurants/bars. There's a BW-3's if that's your thing a block off High Street. Obviously, that's the safest choice since you know exactly what you'll get...

PM if you have other questions.
    Thanks for the info. We'll definitely be eating the local style food, what hockey trips are all about.

rhm10, quit sandbagging! You just came off a runner-up finish, brought most of the guys back, are ranked #1 in the country and are playing at home.....all you can see is a split against a middle of the pack WCHA team from last year? I hope you're right. Will be interesting to see how Dunn starts the season off Friday night. Also wondering who will have the faster team out there? Thought Miami had a quite a few smaller, speed guys as well?

To the gopher fan that replied to my envy comment, hook-line-sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
      Thanks for the info. We'll definitely be eating the local style food, what hockey trips are all about.
      I'm eating red chicken as soon as I get in town on Thursday.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Seemed like a harmless mistake to me. It's a good thing he didn't refer to them as North Dakota State on a Red Baron poster as the wrath he would have received would be beyond compare.
        His email inbox would have been broken.
        Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
        I think that was probably a mistake. Unfortunately, Miami is often referred to as "of Ohio" which is wrong on many fronts.
        How so? I've always heard it referred to that way...

Hoping for an SCSU sweep!!!!
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          OK, Mr. Internet Boss.
          Are you really an SCSU fan? This is to be expected of gopher fans but do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation because so far this is everything you've brought to the table......

That is the dumbest thread title I have ever seen.
          Hey, you get what you give.
          State doesn't play until tonight, dipstick.
          oh SNAP
          Yes, the truth can hurt. However, some people don't learn from being wrong multiple times, and you're a perfect example.
          One wonders what that would have to do with Miami and "St. Cloud St."
          Well, we already know you're going for the latter. I'm just following your lead, sweetheart.
          Kind of like redhawkman10.
          Yes, this.
          Last edited by motox; 10-05-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Hoping for an SCSU sweep!!!!
            Eh its all semantics. Some will say that Miami U (Oxford) was even a university before Florida was even a state, which is true. And the other one is U Miami, but either way, most have learned to expect being called MofO especially living in Buckeye country.

Comment

Are you really an SCSU fan? This is to be expected of gopher fans but do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation because so far this is everything you've brought to the table......
              I'll be the judge of what's constructive, buddeh.

One doesn't have to talk hockey 24/7 to be constructive. Just look at redhawkman... uh, bad example. Just look at Skeeterman. Good example right there.

If you are so desperate for me to talk about hockey, why not ask me a question instead of just acting like a complete imbecile, as redhawkman has been doing this whole time? Actions beget reactions.

Comment

One doesn't have to talk hockey 24/7 to be constructive. Just look at redhawkman... uh, bad example. Just look at Skeeterman. Good example right there.

If you are so desperate for me to talk about hockey, why not ask me a question instead of just acting like a complete imbecile, as redhawkman has been doing this whole time? Actions beget reactions.
                Not all the time, just most of the time would be good. Alright, who do you think plays better in goal this weekend, Dunn or Lee? And why? How many points will Hanowski have this weekend? What are you expecting out of the defense after being very up and down last year? Who do you see improving the most over the offseason? Do you like apples?

Comment

Not all the time, just most of the time would be good.
                  Well, if most of the time there's something worthwhile to talk about, and there's no idiocy to deal with, then most of the time it'll be.

Alright, who do you think plays better in goal this weekend, Dunn or Lee? And why?
                  Dunn, but Lee has more raw talent. He seems to be more up to the task of handling top teams than Dunn, but I don't think he'll be showing us the absolute best he's got against a team that almost won the national title last year and brings back a lot from that season.

How many points will Hanowski have this weekend?
                  Two or three, one possibly being a goal.

What are you expecting out of the defense after being very up and down last year?
                  They're another year older and another year wiser. I expect bigger things out of the Dane, Rioux, and Hepp especially.

Who do you see improving the most over the offseason?
                  Festler and Leblanc. If they step up, St. Cloud State has a scary attack.

Do you like apples?
                  Honeycrisps like a mother****er.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                    About time you showed up to put some kind of hockey talk out here. Our series threads are always like this, didn't see the need to throw anything onto it. But I guess some kids need catchy words to get excited, kind of like the bright colors they get at lunch time for the coloring book....

Should be two good ones, tempo will be key on friday night. I would expect Miami to come out flying, and should SCSU weather the storm it will be a close one. However I do believe if Miami comes out and gets a quick one or two they could ride the momentum pretty high in game one.

With that said I dont think anything more or less than a split this weekend will happen. SCSU is too strong up front and while Lee is young he is talented.
                    Dunn is starting Friday Lee is starting saturday night. Dunn has been decent when he has played, but for some reason always gives up a soft one at a key point in the game.

Does Miami have a deal with B2 Network or any other web site that show's games? I would love to be able to watch these games online if I could.
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Honeycrisps like a mother****er.
                      Best. Apple. Ever.
                      scsuhockey.com
                      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

I want a big weekend out of Hano this weekend. It's be a nice jump onto the scene for him!
                        "I'm not bias, but that should have been a penalty on the Badgers"- Frank Mazacco

Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        The boner has a mind of its own.

Comment

If Dunn plays I'm kinda glad I won't be able to see it..watching a stand up goalie like him always gets me nervous..Skol Vikings!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            Our series threads are always like this, didn't see the need to throw anything onto it. But I guess some kids need catchy words to get excited, kind of like the bright colors they get at lunch time for the coloring book....
                            Sorry for a late entry, its been a busy weekend... Bachelor Party, WCHA Fantasy draft and travelling up to Cloud for home opener, then Monday Night Football, but better late than never. And I'm not saying we NEED a fancy series thread, just like we don't NEED to all waste as much time on this forum as we do. But it would've been nice, and besides, I can't miss a chance to rag on you now can I?

He's not your buddy, Guy!

How many points will Hanowski have this weekend?
                            None. This is Miami, not Lethbridge, Alexandria or Fergus Falls. I think Hanowski won't be an immediate impact player, but by January, February will start being more of an offensive threat. In fact, I said I think Eddy will have more points his freshman year than Hanowski before the injury, and as long as it doesn't keep him out all season or is a nagging, recurring problem, I'll stand by that prediction.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              Does Miami have a deal B2 network or any other internet site that shows games?
                              You can go to www.muredhawks.com and sign up for Miami All-Access (it's like $5 for a month's worth of access). Every game will be there and most games are televised on the Ohio News Network around the great state of Ohio.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                JD started to get to this, but the easy distinction is Miami University vs. the University of Miami.

Miami University in Oxford, Ohio is a public institution named for the Miami Indian tribe now residing mainly in the state of Oklahoma. And, the other Miami is small, private school in Coral Gables, FL.

Simply, the name of the school is Miami University, not Miami of Ohio. Our media guide provides additional details. You can check out muredhawks.com if you are so inclined. Certainly, in hockey, there isn't even a need for the (OH) or (Ohio) qualifier as there is in other sports such as football or basketball where it's routine to see either Miami (FL) or Miami (OH) for clarity.
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X