Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    And, is not an official designation for Miami University.

And St. Cloud St. is?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
      Can't wait for Friday. The wife, myself, and another couple are flying in to Dayton. My buddies wife went to school there so we'll have our own personal guide. Any recommendations for pre-game festivities?
      That sounds great. Couple of fun, local watering holes that I would suggest - Mac n Joes (in the alley off High Street which is THE main drag through Oxford - basic brews on tap, good food) or Steinkeller (big, German beers on tap and good German fare). Steinkeller is on High Street. If you are familiar with Cincinnati-style chili, or even if you aren't, grab a coney or a 3-way from Skyline, or if you're really adventurous, grab a slice pie from local pizza joint, Bruno's. It's an Oxford tradition. Trolling High Street on Saturday afternoon should be good for people watching and you can hit different boutiques and restaurants/bars. There's a BW-3's if that's your thing a block off High Street. Obviously, that's the safest choice since you know exactly what you'll get...

PM if you have other questions.
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        And St. Cloud St. is?
        I think that was probably a mistake. Unfortunately, Miami is often referred to as "of Ohio" which is wrong on many fronts.
        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
          I think that was probably a mistake.
          Kind of like redhawkman10.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Either of the games televised?
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
              You'll also get the random gopher poster chiming in here because of their obvious envy.
              Envy over what? Your participation banners?
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Does Miami have a deal B2 network or any other internet site that shows games?
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Go Saint Cloud State!
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Yeah, and Go N. Dakota!
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Yeah, and Go N. Dakota!
                      Yes, this.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Either of the games televised?
                        I put some highlights up here. Check them out!

Miam vs. SCSU Highlights
                        The Sickest Hockey Goal Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewj063 View Post
                          I love how everyone just ****es and moans on these sites....

GO SCSU.

Trying not too, I would prefer hockey talk. But some children need to be set straight.

Please add something to the original topic, the pair of games this weekend.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            He still can be, they just have to be careful with it as it's a high ankle sprain and could bother him all year like it did with Festler last year.
                            Hopefully with the depth, they won't feel they have to rush him back.

High ankle sprains can be tough to predict how long they will be out. Positive thing is the boot gives some stability to the ankle which allows a quicker return. If it isn't sevre wouldn't be surprised to see him this weekend, but it is opening weekend do you risk further injury?
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              rhm10... really? I know we dogged your offseason thread, and even you have to admit it was a bit too wordy, but you come back with a series thread that's not at all wordy?
                              About time you showed up to put some kind of hockey talk out here. Our series threads are always like this, didn't see the need to throw anything onto it. But I guess some kids need catchy words to get excited, kind of like the bright colors they get at lunch time for the coloring book....

Should be two good ones, tempo will be key on friday night. I would expect Miami to come out flying, and should SCSU weather the storm it will be a close one. However I do believe if Miami comes out and gets a quick one or two they could ride the momentum pretty high in game one.

With that said I dont think anything more or less than a split this weekend will happen. SCSU is too strong up front and while Lee is young he is talented.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                                Trying not too, I would prefer hockey talk. But some children need to be set straight.

Please add something to the original topic, the pair of games this weekend.
                                OK, Mr. Internet Boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X