Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by Realistic Husky View Post
    does anyone have the link to listen to the game over the internet for some reason I can't find it tonight. Any help is appreciated
    http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/s...playerType=wmp
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I knew what you meant rim just saying our pk usually gets scored on by the same play. Hartman has killed some huskies already. I bet they're still glad they didn't wind up gettong him....

Comment

Good game by both teams, good to see the Huskies fight back to tie it.
        But, what cost us last year a lot was not being able to clear the puck, and it does again in overtime.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I predict Miami wins in overtime, 3-2.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Good game by both teams, good to see the Huskies fight back to tie it.
            But, what cost us last year a lot was not being able to clear the puck, and it does again in overtime.
            agreed, what a hockey game. Great job by SCSU to weather the initial storm and they then turned the momentum and got the lead after one. Miami settled down and took the lead in the second. But you got to give it to both teams, SCSU never quit and found a way to tie it late but Miami then found a way to win after giving up a late lead.

For my money a great battle between two really good teams and one that will benefit both teams later on this season.

ON a side note some really big upsets tonight, Ohio St. getting swept by quinnipiac and Alabama Huntsville going into south bend and winning is a big win. Also as I type Denver is currently losing to Vermont in the third.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Disappointing to lose the opener, but we have to remember that this is the team that came within an eyelash of winning the NCAA Title last year. Here's hoping for a split!
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Disappointing to lose the opener, but we have to remember that this is the team that came within an eyelash of winning the NCAA Title last year. Here's hoping for a split!
                Thanks Craig!
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Thanks Craig!
                  Oh my rant...still legendary. I'm proud that I coined that phrase.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

USCHO is already in mid-season form.

"Bob Matzko?"

"Miami Ohio University?" What the hell does that even mean?

Take a look at the media guide to make sure you at least get the coach and the school names right. That might be an important piece of journalistic integrity.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010...09/scsu-mu.php

Anyway, pretty much what I expected. Miami looked like it was the first game of the season and SCSU, to steal from Dennis Green, "was what we thought they were." Fast, WCHA tough and good skill. Miami didn't really play their puck possession style and it was an up and down the ice kind of thing. Man, Lauridsen is huge and I thought SCSU showed good speed and great tenacity when they tied the game up late. Some good scrums and a very competitive, entertaining game. Another close one on tap for tonight? And, wonder if we'll see Lee and Knapp in net for their respective squads? I would think Will Weber will be back in the lineup for Miami tonight meaning Spinnell will probably sit. Weber is another big defenseman for Miami, and unlike Hartman, can move much better - great skater with good hands. I think he'll make an impact tonight. Can't confirm, but assume he was out Friday due to his purse snatching incident. At least it wasn't a lawn mower.

Go RedHawks!
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      Oh my rant...still legendary. I'm proud that I coined that phrase.
                      Now you have to find the "Thanks Craig" photo and post it.

Sounded like a great game last night. Go Huskies!
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                        "Miami Ohio University?" What the hell does that even mean?

Go RedHawks!
                        They didn't want to get you confused with Miami of Florida I guess.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Anyway, pretty much what I expected. Miami looked like it was the first game of the season and SCSU, to steal from Dennis Green, "was what we thought they were." Fast, WCHA tough and good skill. Miami didn't really play their puck possession style and it was an up and down the ice kind of thing. Man, Lauridsen is huge and I thought SCSU showed good speed and great tenacity when they tied the game up late. Some good scrums and a very competitive, entertaining game. Another close one on tap for tonight? And, wonder if we'll see Lee and Knapp in net for their respective squads? I would think Will Weber will be back in the lineup for Miami tonight meaning Spinnell will probably sit. Weber is another big defenseman for Miami, and unlike Hartman, can move much better - great skater with good hands. I think he'll make an impact tonight. Can't confirm, but assume he was out Friday due to his purse snatching incident. At least it wasn't a lawn mower.

Go RedHawks!
                          I think its a safe bet Knapp goes for Miami tonight. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber in the stands again.You knew he would be punished and he deserved it.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

"Bob Matzko?"
                            How do you hit the a instead of the o? Those are nowhere near each other on the keyboard.

Comment

Is the video Web cast a good quality? now that the choker twins don't play tonight I plan on watching the hockey game tonight.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                                How do you hit the a instead of the o? Those are nowhere near each other on the keyboard.
                                And, it was used throughout the article!
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X