Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

    Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    None. This is Miami, not Lethbridge, Alexandria or Fergus Falls. I think Hanowski won't be an immediate impact player, but by January, February will start being more of an offensive threat. In fact, I said I think Eddy will have more points his freshman year than Hanowski before the injury, and as long as it doesn't keep him out all season or is a nagging, recurring problem, I'll stand by that prediction.
    Interesting. Even if Eddy didn't get injured I think Hanowski could have more pts at the end of the season. Granted, I haven't seen or followed Eddy much at all. I do think Hano is going to surprise. Other than nagging injuries Festler seemed to adjust quite well and although he had a year away from LF I think Hano is more prepared. I see 2 pts for the kid this weekend and depending on how much time he gets on the PP it could be more.

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

      Originally posted by motox View Post
      Interesting. Even if Eddy didn't get injured I think Hanowski could have more pts at the end of the season. Granted, I haven't seen or followed Eddy much at all. I do think Hano is going to surprise. Other than nagging injuries Festler seemed to adjust quite well and although he had a year away from LF I think Hano is more prepared. I see 2 pts for the kid this weekend and depending on how much time he gets on the PP it could be more.
      I don't think you can expect much of anything on the PK. For the past two years Miami has had one of the best scoring defences (given up the least goals/game) in the country, and for the past 3 years they have had the either #1 or #2 PK in the country also. We only lost one defencemen from last season, but brought a few big boys in who like to lay the body, one of which being a St Cloud native (Hartman).

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

        Originally posted by motox View Post
        Interesting. Even if Eddy didn't get injured I think Hanowski could have more pts at the end of the season. Granted, I haven't seen or followed Eddy much at all. I do think Hano is going to surprise. Other than nagging injuries Festler seemed to adjust quite well and although he had a year away from LF I think Hano is more prepared. I see 2 pts for the kid this weekend and depending on how much time he gets on the PP it could be more.
        If Hano has a big freshman year, bonus. But I don't expect anything monstrous from him, and I'd be happy if he ended up having basically LeBlanc's stats from last year. Ben's obviously the bigger name, but I'll take Eddy who's not only had a year (and with a statline of 21/35/56 in 60 GP did very well there) of big boy hockey in the USHL, but played better competition in high school at Woodbury than Ben did in Little Falls. Denver and Wisconsin's D are worlds ahead of the relative practice cones he set his records against. That being said, I think as long as he progresses as he should, not only will he outscore Eddy in his sophomore year, but could do so by 10 (MAYBE even 15) points.

        Of course getting back to this weekend... Miami fans, forget both players I just mentioned. Watch out for Ryan Peckskamp, for he is the greatest all-around player (particularly in goal scoring abilities) that has ever put on an SCSU sweater.

        Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        I don't think you can expect much of anything on the PK. For the past two years Miami has had one of the best scoring defences (given up the least goals/game) in the country, and for the past 3 years they have had the either #1 or #2 PK in the country also. We only lost one defencemen from last season, but brought a few big boys in who like to lay the body, one of which being a St Cloud native (Hartman).
        First off, while Miami's PK may be great, its certainly not a lock to give up no goals this weekend. SCSU had an amazing PP two years ago, and struggled a bit last year, but has a lot of potential... they just need to learn to cycle better and get back to where they were when they lost Nodl. I think we miss Nodl on our PP more than anywhere else on the ice, but its not like we haven't picked up talent (Festler, LeBlanc, Hanowski) since he left. Personally, I think SCSU's PP vs. Miami's PK will be one of the more intriguing matchups of the weekend.

        Secondly, I'm curious to see how Hartman does for you guys. A 6'4, 195 lbs. D-man, if he can play, sure would've been a nice pickup for Motzko in his backyard. Especially because, I'm assuming he was related to Matt... either a brother or maybe a cousin. Anyone know that for a fact?
        Last edited by SCSU Euro; 10-06-2009, 03:12 PM.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

        Best USCHO quotes to date:

        "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

        "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

        "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

          Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          If Hano has a big freshman year, bonus. But I don't expect anything monstrous from him, and I'd be happy if he ended up having basically LeBlanc's stats from last year. Ben's obviously the bigger name, but I'll take Eddy who's not only had a year (and with a statline of 21/35/56 in 60 GP did very well there) of big boy hockey in the USHL, but played better competition in high school at Woodbury than Ben did in Little Falls. Denver and Wisconsin's D are worlds ahead of the relative practice cones he set his records against. That being said, I think as long as he progresses as he should, not only will he outscore Eddy in his sophomore year, but could do so by 10 (MAYBE even 15) points.

          Of course getting back to this weekend... Miami fans, forget both players I just mentioned. Watch out for Ryan Peckskamp, for he is the greatest all-around player (particularly in goal scoring abilities) that has ever put on an SCSU sweater.



          First off, while Miami's PK may be great, its certainly not a lock to give up no goals this weekend. SCSU had an amazing PP two years ago, and struggled a bit last year, but has a lot of potential... they just need to learn to cycle better and get back to where they were when they lost Nodl. I think we miss Nodl on our PP more than anywhere else on the ice, but its not like we haven't picked up talent (Festler, LeBlanc, Hanowski) since he left. Personally, I think SCSU's PP vs. Miami's PK will be one of the more intriguing matchups of the weekend.

          Secondly, I'm curious to see how Hartman does for you guys. A 6'4, 195 lbs. D-man, if he can play, sure would've been a nice pickup for Motzko in his backyard. Especially because, I'm assuming he was related to Matt... either a brother or maybe a cousin. Anyone know that for a fact?
          Wasn't saying that there would be no PPGs at all, just saying I wouldn't put much stock into there being that many.

          And they are brothers, Joe apparently went to St Cloud Apollo highschool.

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

            Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            If Hano has a big freshman year, bonus. But I don't expect anything monstrous from him, and I'd be happy if he ended up having basically LeBlanc's stats from last year. Ben's obviously the bigger name, but I'll take Eddy who's not only had a year (and with a statline of 21/35/56 in 60 GP did very well there) of big boy hockey in the USHL, but played better competition in high school at Woodbury than Ben did in Little Falls. Denver and Wisconsin's D are worlds ahead of the relative practice cones he set his records against. That being said, I think as long as he progresses as he should, not only will he outscore Eddy in his sophomore year, but could do so by 10 (MAYBE even 15) points.

            Of course getting back to this weekend... Miami fans, forget both players I just mentioned. Watch out for Ryan Peckskamp, for he is the greatest all-around player (particularly in goal scoring abilities) that has ever put on an SCSU sweater.



            First off, while Miami's PK may be great, its certainly not a lock to give up no goals this weekend. SCSU had an amazing PP two years ago, and struggled a bit last year, but has a lot of potential... they just need to learn to cycle better and get back to where they were when they lost Nodl. I think we miss Nodl on our PP more than anywhere else on the ice, but its not like we haven't picked up talent (Festler, LeBlanc, Hanowski) since he left. Personally, I think SCSU's PP vs. Miami's PK will be one of the more intriguing matchups of the weekend.

            Secondly, I'm curious to see how Hartman does for you guys. A 6'4, 195 lbs. D-man, if he can play, sure would've been a nice pickup for Motzko in his backyard. Especially because, I'm assuming he was related to Matt... either a brother or maybe a cousin. Anyone know that for a fact?
            Not sure on any relation, but did hear the reason he chose miami over SCSU was because of the olympic ice surface.

            I agree the special teams dynamic will be an interesting matchup this weekend. Especially since Miami has had difficulties staying out of the box at times. Regardless I don't think SCSU will bring anything PP wise that they haven't seen as they have shut down some of the top rated PP's last year. Coincidently their PP has been shaky and needs to get back on track. They have a lot of playmakers which seems to be a problem for them because they get too fancy and make one too many passes at times.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

              Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              Not sure on any relation, but did hear the reason he chose miami over SCSU was because of the olympic ice surface.
              Well then we don't need his shallow *** anyway... nothing wrong with us, just 'cause our ice rink has a little wider hips than Miami's does.

              McDonald Rink: Nothin' wrong with a little junk in the trunk!
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

              Best USCHO quotes to date:

              "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

              "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

              "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                Not sure on any relation, but did hear the reason he chose miami over SCSU was because of the olympic ice surface.
                Interesting. There aren't many fans out there willing to admit that one of their own team's players is a wuss.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                  I believe Hartman is what is classified as a "Husky reject". Good enough for Miami, though. Are there many cruise ships in the harbor these days?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                    Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    I believe Hartman is what is classified as a "Husky reject". Good enough for Miami, though. Are there many cruise ships in the harbor these days?
                    Yea that's a shocker isn't it? He leaves St Cloud so that he can further his playing career and goes to juniors where the rinks are 200x85, then he picks a school that's 200x85. All that small ice you know he likes to lay the body out there. Have fun trying to skate around him this weekend, not much room for your boys to hide.
                    Last edited by mcfarljd; 10-07-2009, 11:06 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                      Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Interesting. There aren't many fans out there willing to admit that one of their own team's players is a wuss.
                      Those words didn't come out of my mouth. Not our fault he wanted to play for a contender rather than stay at home. He has plan's of going to the NHL so he wanted to play on an NHL sized rink, shocker.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                        Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                        You can go to www.muredhawks.com and sign up for Miami All-Access (it's like $5 for a month's worth of access). Every game will be there and most games are televised on the Ohio News Network around the great state of Ohio.
                        thanks.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

                        In Bob we Trust!

                        The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                          Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          Dunn is starting Friday Lee is starting saturday night. Dunn has been decent when he has played, but for some reason always gives up a soft one at a key point in the game.
                          So the Huskies are going to throw Lee right into the first eh?
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                            For the record Joe Hartman is Matt Hartman's brother. Motzko wanted this kid bad and he choose Miami for the small ice. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Hopefully Roe, Lasch and the boys can school him a little this weekend.

                            This is a huge weekend for the Huskies. Miami is going to be a top ten team all year and winning at least one this weekend is a must when it comes to the pairwise. The Huskies have a ton of untapped talent and two of the best players in college hockey. If Miami thinks they are going walk over the Huskies this weekend they are in for a big surprise. It should be a great weekend of hockey.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

                            In Bob we Trust!

                            The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                              Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                              Those words didn't come out of my mouth.
                              You didn't have to say them. Choosing a school based on ice size is incredibly wussy.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

                                Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                Yea that's a shocker isn't it? He leaves St Cloud so that he can further his playing career and goes to juniors where the rinks are 200x85, then he picks a school that's 200x85. All that small ice you know he likes to lay the body out there. Have fun trying to skate around him this weekend, not much room for your boys to hide.
                                You may be surprised at the speed the Huskies have at forward.
                                Hartman is an ok skater, but admitted he picked the smaller ice schools because it's harder to catch people on the bigger sheet.
                                He could have problems stopping some guys getting around him, smaller ice or not.
                                Also yes we are not a large team, but don't take that to mean that they are afraid of getting hit.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

                                R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X