Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by muredhawks2008 View Post
    Just got finished watching this game on Miami's video feed. Have a couple of observations:

1. Hawks were a little discombobulated in the first couple periods. I'm not saying they were slow, but St. Cloud controlled play pretty much the entire time. That being said, the 3rd period was very different. Miami started to play with more organization, discipline, and resolve. Palmer's PP goal was the result of "do your job" mentality that the 'Hawks seemed to adopt in the final frame.

2. Knapp was superb. Only had to make 20 stops because the D played great in front of him, but he made some very good stops and I didn't notice too many glaring spots were he was out of position. This isn't a criticism, but does he seem to play a little too upright? I know the guy is 6-6, but he seems to be standing up a lot rather than crouched as the puck is brought into the zone. If anyone wants to clarify, feel free.

3. D looked great all the way around. They were very good at pushing the play to the edges and not allowing more than one pass up top. I really enjoy watching our forwards attack the point on defense. Love it.

4. St. Cloud has a LOT of speed. I was surprised that they were weren't able to create more chances crashing the net. but after that failed a couple times, they seemed content to dump and chase. anyone want to clarify?

Overall, feels great to come out of this with 4 points. excellent job by both teams. Good luck to St. Cloud in WCHA.

Go Redhawks!!!
    Miami is a very good team. SCSU had problems scoring on the power play last year and it looks like that is the case again this year. You just can't go O for the weekend against a good team like Miami and expect to win. Good luck the rest of the year.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Cloud will be too four in confrence. Just happened to run into one of the bray Ccha teams and top pk in the country. Roe had me scared everytime he had the puck. Hanowski needed to play juniors last year he had one good play all weekend and loafed rest of time. Cloud has great puck movement in offence zone. Miami still missed empty nets tonight. Knapp had to make huge saves. He was hurt in summer camp so this was his first audition. This cloud team could be the one to get over the NCAA hurdle

Comment

Originally posted by TRITT22 View Post
        Will you post the email address?
        this is the e-mail address.

customersupport@cstv.com.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Cloud will be too four in confrence. Just happened to run into one of the bray Ccha teams and top pk in the country. Roe had me scared everytime he had the puck. Hanowski needed to play juniors last year he had one good play all weekend and loafed rest of time. Cloud has great puck movement in offence zone. Miami still missed empty nets tonight. Knapp had to make huge saves. He was hurt in summer camp so this was his first audition. This cloud team could be the one to get over the NCAA hurdle
          They made the same stupid mistakes this weekend they made all last year and the power play still sucks. If they don't fix those things this team won't even make the NCAA's.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by TRITT22 View Post
            I was talking about the Miami announcer. I am an SCSU fan watching their web feed.

We looked horrible tonight. Either Miami is a very good hockey team, or we are a very bad one. Roe and Lasch with a total of 1 pt between the two of them all weekend. We are supposed to have this high scoring offense, and we manage two goals in six periods of hockey. Barta on the #1 powerplay unit???????? ***?
            I think you saw these last two nights why Miami was in the title game. I tried to tell motox that this team is gritty on defense and it will be tough to score. You saw that tonight. They take away the middle of the ice about as good as anyone and limit their opponents to a small number of shots. A good defense can shut down a good offense and Miami has had one of the best defense in the country the last few years and it is getting better.

No need to hang your hat guys, you still have a really good team. It is tough to come into oxford and win, but you will be a better team because of this series. Its a staple of what you need to do to get to the next level.

Good luck the rest of the way!
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              They made the same stupid mistakes this weekend they made all last year and the power play still sucks. If they don't fix those things this team won't even make the NCAA's.
              Don't give up on the PP yet, you did just face the best PK in the nation and they make a lot of teams look bad.

And guys seriously, going to rip the announcer? He is a stinkin volunteer on an internet broadcast. Really pullin hairs if you expect a lot out of that, be happy you got to watch the game/ hear it.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

What a shock, guys get swept, Tommy goes nuts.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I am so angry we got swept by the #4 team on the road! Unacceptable! Wait...no I'm not. BFD.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

"I felt we deserved a little better fate this weekend," Huskies coach Bob Motzko said. "We played two great games but we lost the special teams battle. Our power play didn't score a goal all weekend and they got one each night. In a tight game like this that's the difference. Pretty much we can end it right there."
                    "They are a heck of a defensive team," SCSU forward Garrett Roe said. "They blocked our shots and it was hard to get the offense going.
                    "But, we had some chances ... We have to go back to the drawing board and get it done next week."
                    "They are a great team," Roe added. "They have a lot of skill and they are always coming at you. They are just one of those teams that they are going to be there at the end of the year. You can't take a shift off. In the power play we slacked off and bam 2-0 right there. We have to get back to our game. Our power play has to get going and we have to sure up and we will get better."

They sound disappointed and they should be, but they know they have things to work on, and I think you become a better team by doing what they've done (schedule wise) to start the year this year than they did last year.
                    To get too high or too low (or angry) after one weekend is ridiculous.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      "I felt we deserved a little better fate this weekend," Huskies coach Bob Motzko said. "We played two great games but we lost the special teams battle. Our power play didn't score a goal all weekend and they got one each night. In a tight game like this that's the difference. Pretty much we can end it right there."
                      "They are a heck of a defensive team," SCSU forward Garrett Roe said. "They blocked our shots and it was hard to get the offense going.
                      "But, we had some chances ... We have to go back to the drawing board and get it done next week."
                      "They are a great team," Roe added. "They have a lot of skill and they are always coming at you. They are just one of those teams that they are going to be there at the end of the year. You can't take a shift off. In the power play we slacked off and bam 2-0 right there. We have to get back to our game. Our power play has to get going and we have to sure up and we will get better."

They sound disappointed and they should be, but they know they have things to work on, and I think you become a better team by doing what they've done (schedule wise) to start the year this year than they did last year.
                      To get too high or too low (or angry) after one weekend is ridiculous.
                      If the LEADERS on this team don't start bringing it every night, its gonna be a long season
                      There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                        If the LEADERS on this team don't start bringing it every night, its gonna be a long season
                        Bringing it and scoring are two different things.
                        We just faced a very good defensive team, it's early, calm down.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Bringing it and scoring are two different things.
                          We just faced a very good defensive team, it's early, calm down.
                          Ok, I'll chill, but man it would be great if the leaders on this team would begin to start burying the biscuit in the basket!
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                            Ok, I'll chill, but man it would be great if the leaders on this team would begin to start burying the biscuit in the basket!
                            Yeah it would, but it has to be encouraging that we don't have to completely rely on them to carry the boys every night, there is depth in the lineup now, and as the depth guys keep producing, it will open up opportunities for Roe and Lasch as teams won't be able to key on them as much.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

What a shock, guys get swept, Tommy goes nuts.
                              That's going nuts? I wasn't even mad. I jsut think it is sad they do the same stupid stupid stuff over and over and never improve....

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

From the looks of it on TV, another hard fought, intense game. Glad to get the two wins this weekend over a quality opponent. SCSU is going to have a good season. Scheduling a tough road series right off the bat should prepare them for what's to come in the league. It certainly doesn't get any easier for them.

Good luck the rest of the way and may your future success benefit Miami's PWR!
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X