Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami hosts St. Cloud St. Oct 9-10

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    She meant because of the consussion he got at the end of last year.
    I got that. Calling it mentally wasn't the best phrase to use there, but being up for 21 hours, on 4 hours of sleep, and working a 15 hour shift... let's just say I've been more articulate in my life than I was last night/this morning.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      but being up for 21 hours, on 4 hours of sleep, and working a 15 hour shift...
      That's nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        you sir just might be the worst poster on this message board.
        Oh no. You with your 'whatever thought rolls around in your head' posts wears that crown!

Comment

Here is hoping the Huskies are not intimidated by their ranking and squeeze out a few points this weekend. We could be looking back at these points in March when tournament selection time rolls around.
          SCSU!

Comment

"Let em know your there" St Cloud... don't be intimidated, its just the CCHA
            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              From the way he was quoted when he made his choice, rink size was a huge factor because it suits his game better he says.

"One thing that played into it for me was in the CCHA the rinks are NHL sized,” Hartman said. “I think that’s better suited to my game and I’m more comfortable there than on the (Olympic) sheet.”

I know it was a big factor, but it wasn't the ONLY reason. There are a lot of other schools that play on a NHL sized rink, even in the WCHA.

Were pulling teeth here anyways, doesn't really matter.

He will be a nice player and Im glad we have him this weekend and not you!
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                And anyone, not just Miami, will have a hard time stopping the Huskies from scoring 5 goals.

My prediction: Miami 4-2 on Friday and Huskies 4-1 on Saturday. Our golden boy Mike Lee starts the season by making a statement that he has arrived.

Can't wait for the flight tomorrow morning, leaving at 10AM. As for the campus, the friend we're going with said after getting the tour I will for sure want my daughter to go there. Told her unless it's an all girls college or a nunnery it's not on the list.

Well you are returning most of your team like we are and you averaged 3.21 goals a game last season. You scored 5 or more goals 9 times last year as well. While Miami returns most of their team that allowed just 2.17 goals a game last year and allowed 5 or more goals just 3 times last year.

So I think it is pretty safe to say that it won't happen this weekend. Again now that I said that both games will be 9-8 scores lol
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  Well you are returning most of your team like we are and you averaged 3.21 goals a game last season. You scored 5 or more goals 9 times last year as well. While Miami returns most of their team that allowed just 2.17 goals a game last year and allowed 5 or more goals just 3 times last year.

So I think it is pretty safe to say that it won't happen this weekend. Again now that I said that both games will be 9-8 scores lol
                  Both teams also had similar powerplay success, one team on the other hand had the best PK in the country, the other team had almost the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    Both teams also had similar powerplay success, one team on the other hand had the best PK in the country, the other team had almost the worst.
                    yea but our power play isn't as good as it should be considering all the offensive talent on the roster. The consistant problem is making one too many passes and trying to get the perfect shot off instead of shooting and creating chances.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      yea but our power play isn't as good as it should be considering all the offensive talent on the roster. The consistant problem is making one too many passes and trying to get the perfect shot off instead of shooting and creating chances.
                      obviously, our PK has been susceptible to a certain play over the past few years as well, one that i won't dare to mention, but i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. I think with the firepower we have hopefully the boys are gonna start taking the shots more than giving the puck up when they have an angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        It depends upon what you mean by "go through".

It's Homecoming in The Rock City. Husckeys celebrate hundreds of miles away with a sweep while Motox celebrates at the self-proclaimed 'gorgeous campus' located in the armpit of America surrounded by (3:1 ratio) "girls-girls-girls" while Crimson Cumulus eats his KFC smothered with ketchup (or catsup).

Friday: Husckeys 5, Miami (and don't be sayin 'of Ohio') 4
                        Saturday: Husckeys 3, Miami 1
                        You are the worst poster in the WCHA. Rimbaud, Brenthoven, and Scooby salute you.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          obviously, our PK has been susceptible to a certain play over the past few years as well, one that i won't dare to mention, but i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. I think with the firepower we have hopefully the boys are gonna start taking the shots more than giving the puck up when they have an angle.

I wasn't talking about the PK, that is fine. I was refering to the PP. I would hope they do as well, but it seems like every year its the same song and dance JD. You know that we talk about this every year, and nothing changes. They do have tremendous patience on the PP but sometimes you need to just shoot from all angles and take your chances. Even with averaging over 30 shots a game we still tend to not shoot enough with as much pressure as we seem to get night in and night out.

Comment

Look for Raboin to get his skinny little A** handed to him this weekend.

Comment

does anyone have the link to listen to the game over the internet for some reason I can't find it tonight. Any help is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Realistic Husky View Post
                                does anyone have the link to listen to the game over the internet for some reason I can't find it tonight. Any help is appreciated
                                Radio Feed
                                The Sickest Hockey Goal Ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X