This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Some further research shows that Roger Haggerty did indeed play baseball for Providence College in the 1980's and then in the minors. He hold the PC record for RBI's in a season, and since PC apparently doesn't have a baseball team anymore, he's likely to keep it.

As to hockey, I still find nothing.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Haggerty's desription of his game ought to be music to Doc's ears...

"I would describe myself as a finisher," he said. "If I get the puck around the net, I'm going to finish the play. I'm always around the net, always in position to take a whack at the rebound, but I'm also not afraid to go into the corners and create plays with some hard work. And if I have to, I'll drop the gloves. I'm really willing to do whatever it takes for my line to score a goal and for my team to win."
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

"I would describe myself as a finisher," he said. "If I get the puck around the net, I'm going to finish the play. I'm always around the net, always in position to take a whack at the rebound, but I'm also not afraid to go into the corners and create plays with some hard work. And if I have to, I'll drop the gloves. I'm really willing to do whatever it takes for my line to score a goal and for my team to win."
        He apparently dropped the gloves last Friday http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1400536.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          ..As to hockey, I still find nothing.
          My WAG is that he was a walk on hockey player and/or didn't play all four yrs. for Lou...sounds like baseball was his 'A' game. He does coach youth hockey in Stamford, so he knows something about the game...
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
            As if I don't brag enough...I can bring it here and receive the very best of jabs from you all...Letters were given out today and the B.R.O. received an "A". TJ Sleuter is the Captain and Sapponari is the other "A"
            Leadership is a great quality in any profession. Congrats to Luke
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

My WAG is that he was a walk on hockey player and/or didn't play all four yrs. for Lou...sounds like baseball was his 'A' game. He does coach youth hockey in Stamford, so he knows something about the game...
              He should have been listed even if he got into just one game. Maybe he changed his name.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He should have been listed even if he got into just one game. Maybe he changed his name.
                Weird...but I'm not going to hold it against him. Welcome Haggerty family !

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Leadership is a great quality in any profession. Congrats to Luke
                  Agree completely. A quick glance at RPIs roster shows that Seth agrees too -- lots of former Captains. Can't wait to get this season uncorked, sadly I can't make the R&W game.

Comment

He apparently dropped the gloves last Friday http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1400536.
                    Since when did USA's back-up goalie become about 12 years younger and put on the catching glove?

If he's going to be that aggressive, he'll fit in well in the ECAC. Hopefully he doesn't drop the gloves in the NCAA though (or we don't get Baker for a ref in a rivalry game)...

Comment

My kind of kid. I can foresee teams not being able to take liberties aginst some of our smaller guys in the future. The future is so bright, I have to wear shades.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        My kind of kid. I can foresee teams not being able to take Laliberte aginst some of our smaller guys in the future. The future is so bright, I have to wear shades.
                        FYP.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FYP.
                          Good one RB!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Found this gem by RH back in the RecruitIII thread in March:

"... ive been digging around trying to find any info that might link RPI with one of the uncommitted U-17's or any of the NY players on the NTDP camp list. Theres 4 players on the camp roster from NY Blujus(Buffalo), Izyk(Syracuse), Lane(Rochester) and Moore(Arcade). I also thought RPI might have interest in the two CT kids on the U-17's Paliotta and/or Haggerty. Couldnt find anything however."

One down, one to go.

Comment

According to Ed Weaver we received a commitment from another USNTDP player, defenseman Chris Bradley, http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...2263926189.txt. He may come next year but more likely 2012.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Aaand three.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X