X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Not being alive then, no. But, hockeydb.com doesn't have a record of him, either.
    That's where I looked first. I then tried the online PC media guide. He's not on their all-time roster http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ime-friars.pdf.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if Babo knows Haggerty since he's from Connecticut. There can't be all that many hockey players there.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

will not hold Red Sox thing against him
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

USA Hockey profile on Haggerty from 1/10.
          http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/def...tailedNews=yes
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Interesting article about Haggerty from collegehockey247 back in January, he lists BC, Northeastern, UVM, UNH and UML as potential schools. Sorry about the length, had to do a copy/paste since its a subscription site.

U.S. Under-17 forward Ryan Haggerty knows he will be playing college hockey in two years, but he doesn't know for which school. He has narrowed his list down, though, using a specific component - geography …

"I'm from Connecticut and I want to play somewhere in the New England area so I'm looking at Boston College, Northeastern, Vermont, New Hampshire and UMass Lowell," the 5-10, 175-pounder said. "I know a lot of guys at my age have already made up their minds but I don't want to make a decision and then have second thoughts, so my family and I are still taking our time."

Haggerty has scored nine goals with six assists this season.
            But not that much longer. Haggerty said he expects to make his decision in the next four months.

"If you take each school individually, they all have great traditions and character," he said. "Some of them have new rinks and some are playing in old rinks that have been home to some great games in the past. You really can't go wrong with any of those schools and for me, it's just finding the right fit for school and for my brand of hockey."

Haggerty's brand of hockey is geared towards his offense. In 34 games this season with the U.S. National Team Development Program Under-17 team, the Stamford, Conn., native has recorded nine goals and six assists, ranking sixth on the team with 15 points.

"I would describe myself as a finisher," he said. "If I get the puck around the net, I'm going to finish the play. I'm always around the net, always in position to take a whack at the rebound, but I'm also not afraid to go into the corners and create plays with some hard work. And if I have to, I'll drop the gloves. I'm really willing to do whatever it takes for my line to score a goal and for my team to win."

Making the move from Trinity High School to USA Hockey has been easier than Haggerty expected, though each day presents a new challenge.

"I always tell myself that I have to build off my last game or my last practice and that every day I need to become a little better than I was the day before," he said. "I live by the motto 'Finish strong.'"

Signing Day for the Class of 2011 is still more than 10 months away, but Haggerty is already prepping to finish strong.

"I don't think it's going to be much longer," he said. "I'm not in any rush, but I can feel myself getting closer to a decision."

Comment

I've found a few mentions of Haggerty receiving interest from UNH. Also, FWIW Rivals had BC, UNH, UVM and NE as schools targeting him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/southermiss/...aggerty-106515
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I wonder if Babo knows Haggerty since he's from Connecticut. There can't be all that many hockey players there.
                Sorry, never heard of him...but there are actually quite a few hockey players coming out of CT lately...

Comment

As if I don't brag enough...I can bring it here and receive the very best of jabs from you all...Letters were given out today and the B.R.O. received an "A". TJ Sleuter is the Captain and Sapponari is the other "A"

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                    As if I don't brag enough...I can bring it here and receive the very best of jabs from you all...Letters were given out today and the B.R.O. received an "A". TJ Sleuter is the Captain and Sapponari is the other "A"
                    Congrats to the B.R.O.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

In Luke's case - the 'A' might stand for ample??
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Great news Babo!

Comment

Congratulations to you and Luke. Are they picked by the players or coaches? Either way it is a great sign of respect.

Comment

It's good to see that we beat out a bunch of HEA schools for Haggerty.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Confirmation about Matt Neal commiting to RPI http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...egional-rivals.
                              Forward Matt Neal has given Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy, N.Y., a verbal commitment to attend school and play for its collegiate hockey team next season
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                                Congratulations to you and Luke. Are they picked by the players or coaches? Either way it is a great sign of respect.
                                Coaches make the call.

Comment

Working...
                                X