• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    I agree. However, did we ever hear who else was recruiting Higgs (after he de-committed from Canisius)? I still (especially after hearing reports from the scrimmage) am not nearly as high on him as other people here seem to be. While I think he can certainly be a good contributor on a checking line, I personally don't seeing him having much more offensive upside than, for example, Malchuk or Kurt Colling.
    I don't think that we ever heard who else was recruiting him.

Chris Heisenberg rated him pretty highly last year.

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I'm intrigued that Canisius was in on Neal after previously having (prematurely, apparently) landed Brock Higgs. They've had a number of solid talents in recent years. Bucky Gleason's insanity aside, it seems like Dave Smith has the Griffs poised to be a solid AHA program in the near future.
    I agree. However, did we ever hear who else was recruiting Higgs (after he de-committed from Canisius)? I still (especially after hearing reports from the scrimmage) am not nearly as high on him as other people here seem to be. While I think he can certainly be a good contributor on a checking line, I personally don't seeing him having much more offensive upside than, for example, Malchuk or Kurt Colling.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    These are the kind of recruiting battles that are great to see us win. Coups like D'Amigo were great, but will not be something that happens on a regular basis until we make the tournament on a regular basis. Beating out other "academic" schools consistently for not-quite-top tier guys like Neal is the first step in making that a possibility.
    I'm intrigued that Canisius was in on Neal after previously having (prematurely, apparently) landed Brock Higgs. They've had a number of solid talents in recent years. Bucky Gleason's insanity aside, it seems like Dave Smith has the Griffs poised to be a solid AHA program in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Three times is a charm.
    I'll take a by on the next two early morning posts

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

Article about Matt Neal commiting to RPI http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...terstitialskip
    These are the kind of recruiting battles that are great to see us win. Coups like D'Amigo were great, but will not be something that happens on a regular basis until we make the tournament on a regular basis. Beating out other "academic" schools consistently for not-quite-top tier guys like Neal is the first step in making that a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

On Friday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Brockville Braves 2-1 (3-2) in a shootout. Jacob Laliberté had an assist and a slashing penalty. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318592

Laliberté's line is now 8-7-6-13-2.
    Now the shootout says it was 2-1 -- still no JL.

Article about Cornwall's recent games http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2784177.

Leave a comment:

• GRussinko
    replied

Three times is a charm.
    Only if you click your heels while saying it. It'll have to come true!

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Three times is a charm.
    That's one way to increase your post count quickly-I might try it to reach 30,000 sooner RB you could be at over 300,000!!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post
    FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefor he'll begin playing this Friday.
    FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefore he'll begin playing this Friday.
    FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefore he'll begin playing this Friday.
    Three times is a charm.

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefor he'll begin playing this Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Article about Matt Neal commiting to RPI http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...terstitialskip
    Neal said he had entertained offers from Cornell University and Union College and had visited Rochester Institute of Technology and Canisius College.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            8- 7- 6- 13-  2 10/06/10
    Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)       9- 5- 3-  8-  4 10/08/10
    Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                     6- 0- 1-  1-  7 10/08/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/08/10

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)      2- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/08/10

Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        1- 0- 1-0-2.00-.913 10/14/10

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

On Sunday, the USNDPT U-18 team lost to the Colorado College Tigers 7-1. Ryan Haggerty had no points or penalties. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mcc_u181.o03

Haggerty's line is now 6-0-1-1-7.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X