• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Haggerty's USHL page http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/pl...&seasonid=5969
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      What do we have in the way of scholarships available for next year? Any clues? Sure seems like each recruit will be getting a full ride.
      Outgoing seniors:

Brutlag, Kennedy, Foss, Malchuk, Helfrich, Beauregard (did he ever redshirt?), Polacek

I would suggest that Brutlag, Helfrich, and Polacek are almost certainly on full schollies. Beauregard is almost certainly a full walkon. Given how early Malchuk committed, I would suspect he is on a full scholly. I would think that Foss and Kennedy are most likely on some sort of partials (given how late they committed).

Note: Malchuk got a medical redshirt I believe, so he might stick around for another year. That possibility might be expanded by the fact that Appert has more scholarship money floating around than he probably originally expected.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        What do we have in the way of scholarships available for next year? Any clues? Sure seems like each recruit will be getting a full ride.
        It's a hopeless calculation since there are partials and otehr kinds of money involved. Counting players we have JD'A, BP, Watts, Brutlag, Halpern, Polacek, Helfrich, Foss, Kennedy, and Beauregard to replace, and we know of four replacements. Clearly there are more to come, but how many depends on creative accouting.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
          Outgoing seniors:

Brutlag, Kennedy, Foss, Malchuk, Helfrich, Beauregard (did he ever redshirt?), Polacek

I would suggest that Brutlag, Helfrich, and Polacek are almost certainly on full schollies. Beauregard is almost certainly a full walkon. Given how early Malchuk committed, I would suspect he is on a full scholly. I would think that Foss and Kennedy are most likely on some sort of partials (given how late they committed).
          Malchuk redshirted, and I agree that he is probably on a full. I heard rumors that Brutlag was getting academic funds and Kennedy minority funds at least in part. That's the reason it is a hopeless calculation.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Malchuk redshirted, and I agree that he is probably on a full. I heard rumors that Brutlag was getting academic funds and Kennedy minority funds at least in part. That's the reason it is a hopeless calculation.
            Brutlag was originally looking at engineering, which vaguely lends support to the academic funds idea. Foss is engineering also and was also a late commit.

I would imagine we had to use a full on Polacek to pull him from the USHL, where he undoubtedly would have garnered interest.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
              Who was it that guessed we would get new recruits each of the next three weeks prior to the season starting? Last week Neal commits, this week its Haggerty, whos it going to be next week? Im guessing Seth sealed the deal with Ryan at the USHL showcase over the weekend.
              I guess that means we can only sign one Spink next week.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

McKeen's: Again, free hockey and free education as well, or at least a significant portion free. With college, what are some of the things you're looking for in a college program?

Haggerty: Me, it's kind of getting to the next level, being an AHL or NHL player right out of college.

Sounds like more and more people are being impressed with Appert's ability as a coach.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I am counting all games for the USNTDP because that's the way that they have done it in the past.

Code:
                  Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            6- 7- 5- 12-  0 09/30/10
                  Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)       7- 5- 3-  8-  4 10/01/10
                  Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP  U-18                    4- 0- 1-  1-  7 10/02/10
                  Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/01/10

Women
                  Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-29-2010, 12:33 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                    Outgoing seniors:

Note: Malchuk got a medical redshirt I believe, so he might stick around for another year. That possibility might be expanded by the fact that Appert has more scholarship money floating around than he probably originally expected.
                    Makes sense. I had figured similarly-Look like we may still have considerable money to dole out. Things have definitely changed in Troy over the past couple years.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Another old article http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...hip-601781.php
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Heres some scouts thoughts on Haggerty I picked up from TSN:

Very fast player and a gifted goal scorer; Fast skater and good shot; Powerful skater with good shot, becoming a better passer every year and strong passion for the game; Nice hands, very good skater; His best asset is his skating, strong long stride and good speed; Has a combination of hands and vision in the offensive zone.

Also another article from the New England Hockey Journal:
                        http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...22_connjob.php

Comment

From the PDF of the media guide http://usahockey.cachefly.net/NTDP/NTDPGuide1011.pdf

Sorry about the crappy formatting.

Ryan Haggerty
                          forward
                          Height: 5’11” (183) | Weight: 184 (84) | Shoots: Right
                          DOB: 3/4/93 | Hometown: Stamford, Conn.
                          2009-10: Played in all 52 games for the U.S. National Under-17 Team …
                          Notched 10 goals and nine assists … Tied for the team lead with two
                          shorthanded markers … Notched five points (3-2) in 14 games against
                          international foes … Helped Team USA earn first place at the 2010 World
                          Under-17 Hockey Challenge in Timmins, Ont. … Notched three points (1-2) in six games … Appeared in two games
                          with the U.S. National Under-18 Team. 2008-09: Skated in 25 games for Trinity Catholic (Conn.) High School …
                          Notched 58 points (27-31) … Named to Connecticut’s Division I High School All-State Team … Received both firstteam
                          all-conference and first-team all-city honors … Played in 23 games for the Seacoast Kings Midget Major …
                          Totaled 38 points (17-21).
                          PErsonal: Son of Roger and Kathy Haggerty … Has one sister, K.C., and one brother, Shane … Ryan’s father,
                          Roger, played NCAA Division I ice hockey and baseball at Providence College. Roger played professional baseball
                          within the Boston Red Sox organization.
                          Statistics : Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
                          2009-10 U.S. National Under-18 Team 2 0 0 0 0
                          U.S. National Under-17 Team 52 10 9 19 44
                          2008-09 Trinity Cathloic H.S. (Conn.) 25 27 31 58 N/A
                          Seacoast Kings 23 17 21 38 N/A
                          NTDP TOTALS 54 10 9 19 44
                          Does anyone recall his father at PC? I don't.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dam*, Seth can recruit. Guess we can put to bed that Monty was the recruiter. How will the Seth haters (Fraternal Order of the Rubber Sheets) spin this one ... wait, I know, "but will he be able to keep him for the whole four years." Coach Appert, thanks for bringing us a great on ice product.
                            Last edited by AspyDad; 09-28-2010, 03:51 PM.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

From the PDF of the media guide http://usahockey.cachefly.net/NTDP/NTDPGuide1011.pdf

Sorry about the crappy formatting.

I don't either and I would guess he would be in the 80's when I followed Providence somewhat.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Not being alive then, no. But, hockeydb.com doesn't have a record of him, either.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X