Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I would disagree with the "cut" assertion. The following quote is from Monty re: Quinn departure from DFS. "We weren't the only team to have this happen to," Montgomery said. "It's an unfortunate situation, and I feel bad about it, because we had big plans for Nick." The Quinn family may have taken it this way but realities of the situation seem to contradict that he was cut. Just saying

    Source of quote
    http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292665
    "Cut", "released", "let go" label it anyway you like. Bottom line is Monty had three guys to choose from and the one kid Monty knew he'd only have for one season got the boot. The cold, business side of hockey.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

      Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?
      I am pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Dubuque paper a while back.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

        Originally posted by bothman View Post
        The Saponari that was chucked from BU? I don't know much about him, but to get chucked from BU takes a lot!! That's a preety big red flag if you ask me.
        That's him...that's why he is "rehabbing" in the USHL. Reports are that Atlanta folks recommended Dubuque to him. Anyone's guess as to what he does next...if he lights up the USHL this year, as many think he will...who knows
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          You really did post about Koudys here.
          You doubted me? Wanted to get into the habit....
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

            Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I am pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Dubuque paper a while back.
            "Saponari will play this coming season with Dubuque of the USHL, as the Thrashers helped point him in that direction. He could have opted to play as an over-ager in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but by playing in the USHL, he retains NCAA eligibility to play at another school in the 2011-12 season. (Saponari said his older brother will finish his education at BU, but not play hockey.)"


            Source http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534969

            Dr. Baer, he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

              Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              ...he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
              Talk about betting the long shots...
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Talk about betting the long shots...
                I'm a dreamer Not totally out of the question though.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                  Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  "Saponari will play this coming season with Dubuque of the USHL, as the Thrashers helped point him in that direction. He could have opted to play as an over-ager in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but by playing in the USHL, he retains NCAA eligibility to play at another school in the 2011-12 season. (Saponari said his older brother will finish his education at BU, but not play hockey.)"


                  Source http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534969

                  Dr. Baer, he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
                  Sure would.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                    Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
                    I hear Quinn will play in Des Moines.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                      Originally posted by babo View Post
                      I hear Quinn will play in Des Moines.
                      And CH has removed him from our list http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=1. That means that he most likely he will be going to another college.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                        Code:
                        2011
                        Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 08/27/10
                        Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/11/10
                        
                        Women
                        Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
                        It just dawned on me that Piper is a great name for a goalie who plays "between the pipes".
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Code:
                          2011
                          Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 08/27/10
                          Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/11/10
                          
                          Women
                          Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
                          It just dawned on me that Piper is a great name for a goalie who plays "between the pipes".
                          Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                            Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
                            Actually, he's kinda slow on the take, as myself and at least one other poster had already thought of that... we just weren't corny enough to post it.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                              Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
                              Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Actually, he's kinda slow on the take, as myself and at least one other poster had already thought of that... we just weren't corny enough to post it.
                              RC is correct. It just dawned on me when I posted this today.

                              Is this more corny than "Without a Pirri"?
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

                                Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                RC is correct. It just dawned on me when I posted this today.

                                Is this more corny than "Without a Pirri"?
                                Ok-I give up-what color is the sky in your world?
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X