• Show
Clear All

• babo
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. I knew that, but I forgot.

How did Dubuque do yesterday?
    They played Saturday night at home. Lost 4-2. The B. R.O. watched from the stands . He claimed the suspension was bogus but we all know the prisons are filled with 'innocent' men...

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post
    The USHL Fall Classic is this week...http://www.ushlfallclassic.com/

The pro and college personnel show up en mass to make preliminary lists...quite an event I will have a close advisr there who can report on games, unless any of you choose to watch the B2 network...have never used it before so I will be on my maiden voyage with B2...
    Tried B2 for 1 year-just simply got too frustrated with it. The job done by RPITV in the past year was super fantastic and I will miss them terribly this year. With B2 it was always something-bad picture, no sound, no game, interruptions, bad camera angles-there were times I just shut it down and listened to WRPI.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            3- 4- 4-  8-  0 09/21/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/22/10

Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post

The pro and college personnel show up en mass to make preliminary lists...quite an event I will have a close advisr there who can report on games, unless any of you choose to watch the B2 network...have never used it before so I will be on my maiden voyage with B2...
    Thanks. I knew that, but I forgot.

How did Dubuque do yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Dubuque's exhibition game on 9/19/10 is missing from the USHL website. It could still show up.

Are there anymore exhibition games before the season opens on 10/1/10?
    The USHL Fall Classic is this week...http://www.ushlfallclassic.com/schedule.cfm

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Dubuque's exhibition game on 9/19/10 is missing from the USHL website. It could still show up.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I finally got around to checking when the Toronto Aeros play their first game.
    Code:
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            3- 4- 4-  8-  0 09/21/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/19/10

Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

And also the Spink twins. (Why do I keep thinking of boxers with bad teeth? )
    Perhaps because you are old enough to remember the Spinks Jinx?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Everybody happy now that the SF mentioned that in the paper......
    And also the Spink twins. (Why do I keep thinking of boxers with bad teeth? )

Leave a comment:

• fishcore12
    replied

Everybody happy now that the SF mentioned that in the paper......

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Standard Freeholder http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2763078
    RPI Engineers head coach Seth Appert was at Thursday's opener, and he had a friendly, long chat with Colts captain Jake Laliberte, who's headed to the school in Troy, N.Y., next season. (Appert also spoke outside the Colts dressing room with the Spink twins, Tyson and Tylor.)

It's been a long wait for Appert to finally have Laliberte in the Engineers lineup, but he sure sounded excited about it finally happening in 12 months from now.

Laliberte has been on fire -- as expected -- this season, with eight points in three contests.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Article about Dubuque's game http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=295932. BRO isn't mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I know I will be accused of kissing up to Babo but I believe BRO will play in the show. can't teach that size and more importantly his reach (clog passing lanes). That size is imposing and certainly will be welcome roaming HFH. We have some quality now and coming in on the blue line. PK, GL and BRO are big boys and will change the way we play. This is the next step in the rebuild. Let's always remember that SA recruited Matt Carle and knows talent back there when he sees it.
    Agree with one exception. i don't know much about Luke's quickness. He certainly will be a force and I'm sure the powers that be have noticed him for some time already. If he can add a level of quickness then the sky's the limit for some one with his size. He already has the things you can't teach.

BTW it is OK to kiss up to Babo-she is a very attractive lady. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:7,s:0
    Last edited by DrDemento; 09-18-2010, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

I know I will be accused of kissing up to Babo but I believe BRO will play in the show. can't teach that size and more importantly his reach (clog passing lanes). That size is imposing and certainly will be welcome roaming HFH. We have some quality now and coming in on the blue line. PK, GL and BRO are big boys and will change the way we play. This is the next step in the rebuild. Let's always remember that SA recruited Matt Carle and knows talent back there when he sees it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X