• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redhead18
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Heres some scouts thoughts on Haggerty I picked up from TSN:

Very fast player and a gifted goal scorer; Fast skater and good shot; Powerful skater with good shot, becoming a better passer every year and strong passion for the game; Nice hands, very good skater; His best asset is his skating, strong long stride and good speed; Has a combination of hands and vision in the offensive zone.

Also another article from the New England Hockey Journal:
    http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...22_connjob.php

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Another old article http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...hip-601781.php

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    Outgoing seniors:

Brutlag, Kennedy, Foss, Malchuk, Helfrich, Beauregard (did he ever redshirt?), Polacek

I would suggest that Brutlag, Helfrich, and Polacek are almost certainly on full schollies. Beauregard is almost certainly a full walkon. Given how early Malchuk committed, I would suspect he is on a full scholly. I would think that Foss and Kennedy are most likely on some sort of partials (given how late they committed).

Note: Malchuk got a medical redshirt I believe, so he might stick around for another year. That possibility might be expanded by the fact that Appert has more scholarship money floating around than he probably originally expected.
    Makes sense. I had figured similarly-Look like we may still have considerable money to dole out. Things have definitely changed in Troy over the past couple years.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I am counting all games for the USNTDP because that's the way that they have done it in the past.

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            6- 7- 5- 12-  0 09/30/10
    Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)       7- 5- 3-  8-  4 10/01/10
    Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP  U-18                    4- 0- 1-  1-  7 10/02/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/01/10

Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-29-2010, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burgie12
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    McKeen's: Again, free hockey and free education as well, or at least a significant portion free. With college, what are some of the things you're looking for in a college program?

Haggerty: Me, it's kind of getting to the next level, being an AHL or NHL player right out of college.

Sounds like more and more people are being impressed with Appert's ability as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Who was it that guessed we would get new recruits each of the next three weeks prior to the season starting? Last week Neal commits, this week its Haggerty, whos it going to be next week? Im guessing Seth sealed the deal with Ryan at the USHL showcase over the weekend.
    I guess that means we can only sign one Spink next week.

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Malchuk redshirted, and I agree that he is probably on a full. I heard rumors that Brutlag was getting academic funds and Kennedy minority funds at least in part. That's the reason it is a hopeless calculation.
    Brutlag was originally looking at engineering, which vaguely lends support to the academic funds idea. Foss is engineering also and was also a late commit.

I would imagine we had to use a full on Polacek to pull him from the USHL, where he undoubtedly would have garnered interest.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    Outgoing seniors:

Brutlag, Kennedy, Foss, Malchuk, Helfrich, Beauregard (did he ever redshirt?), Polacek

I would suggest that Brutlag, Helfrich, and Polacek are almost certainly on full schollies. Beauregard is almost certainly a full walkon. Given how early Malchuk committed, I would suspect he is on a full scholly. I would think that Foss and Kennedy are most likely on some sort of partials (given how late they committed).
    Malchuk redshirted, and I agree that he is probably on a full. I heard rumors that Brutlag was getting academic funds and Kennedy minority funds at least in part. That's the reason it is a hopeless calculation.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    What do we have in the way of scholarships available for next year? Any clues? Sure seems like each recruit will be getting a full ride.
    It's a hopeless calculation since there are partials and otehr kinds of money involved. Counting players we have JD'A, BP, Watts, Brutlag, Halpern, Polacek, Helfrich, Foss, Kennedy, and Beauregard to replace, and we know of four replacements. Clearly there are more to come, but how many depends on creative accouting.

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    What do we have in the way of scholarships available for next year? Any clues? Sure seems like each recruit will be getting a full ride.
    Outgoing seniors:

Note: Malchuk got a medical redshirt I believe, so he might stick around for another year. That possibility might be expanded by the fact that Appert has more scholarship money floating around than he probably originally expected.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Haggerty's USHL page http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/pl...&seasonid=5969

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Leave a comment:

• burgie12
    replied

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Another new recruit Ryan Haggerty from the US U-18 team.
    Does that mean that Appert is 2-for-2 on commits?

Why was I doubting that he'd go 3-for-3 when I was the one that made that prediction? Shame on me.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Local news article from when Haggerty committed to USNDTP.
    http://thehour.com/story/466654

FWIW - USA Hockey has him at 5'11 184.
    Nice size for a kid who is only 17. I am beginning to feel a lot better about next year.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Local news article from when Haggerty committed to USNDTP.
    http://thehour.com/story/466654

FWIW - USA Hockey has him at 5'11 184.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X