X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by babo View Post
    Did you put the *Head desk* to the right of the article...?
    Ed Weaver and The Record make so many mistakes, but you have to give them credit when they come up with something like this. Nobody has been able to get the kid to talk about RPI until now and Weaver gets him to say on the record that he will be at RPI next season. Maybe Seth could push that up and get him here in December and have him for the second half of THIS season.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I don't think you can even remotely make that connection. JL says he is coming-I'm overjoyed with that. But to say that it is because of the leaving of BP and JD'A is just trying to put a good spin on the unfortunate news(for RPI) that these guys left after one year. People can say what they want about looking on the bright side-I don't really buy any of that. I was looking forward to these guys staying at RPI longer and no amount of trying to make it look better helps.
      I agree...I was very excited to see D'Amigo and Pirri for another year with hopes of Laliberte coming in and having their tutelage at his disposal. The world is not perfect but I think we're at least a .500 team right now and that's enough reason to keep me optimistic.

Go red and let's hope the good news keeps on comin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        Ed Weaver and The Record make so many mistakes, but you have to give them credit when they come up with something like this. Nobody has been able to get the kid to talk about RPI until now and Weaver gets him to say on the record that he will be at RPI next season. Maybe Seth could push that up and get him here in December and have him for the second half of THIS season.
        I would not bring him in early. Honestly, he will probably spend all four years at RPI. Why? Same reason Chase Polacek is spending all four years at RPI even after getting top 10 for Hobey Baker: he's a mite. At 5'7 170, most NHL scouts will see him as too small. I have no doubt whatsoever that he'll skate circles around the opponents and help us get some metal, but I am worried about using this as a springboard. Either way, though, JL will get a first class education he can use for a lifetime should he come to play for RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I would not bring him in early. Honestly, he will probably spend all four years at RPI. Why? Same reason Chase Polacek is spending all four years at RPI even after getting top 10 for Hobey Baker: he's a mite. At 5'7 170, most NHL scouts will see him as too small. I have no doubt whatsoever that he'll skate circles around the opponents and help us get some metal, but I am worried about using this as a springboard. Either way, though, JL will get a first class education he can use for a lifetime should he come to play for RPI.
          I have mixed feelings about the possibility of his going to Troy in January. I think that it would really help the team, but as others have said, it could upset the team chemistry. Anyway, the possibility of his arrival in January wasn't mentioned.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            By the way, the Substandard Freeholder had nothing about JL's intentions today.
            I enjoy this nickname. Perhaps merging it with RC's and we'll just call them the Substandard Freeloader to hammer it home mightily.

Amazing that Weaver did something the goons at the Substandard Freeloader were never able to do. Of course, it also took three years to get this kind of quote but that's neither here nor there.

Good news is nice to have. If nothing else, I think the team this year could be a very ballsy one.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I don't think you can even remotely make that connection. JL says he is coming-I'm overjoyed with that. But to say that it is because of the leaving of BP and JD'A is just trying to put a good spin on the unfortunate news(for RPI) that these guys left after one year. People can say what they want about looking on the bright side-I don't really buy any of that. I was looking forward to these guys staying at RPI longer and no amount of trying to make it look better helps.
              I respectfully disagree with you . Ed Weaver writes a column in April or May that says JL is not ready and "immature". Then in the first of Sept he has this epiphany. Quick maturation process if you ask me. What happened between then and now. Two guys from Seth's program go pro. JL knows that RPI is a way to get from there to his dream of pros and he just saw Jerry and BP make that jump. I'm sure he matured and he did a nice job with Ed in the interview. Seems like a well spoken young man. I am not trying to spin the loss of BP and JDA, just saying that I believe that this was a factor (huge). As always, I remain, Respectfully, AD
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

This is a guess, and I will probably get criticized for saying this, but I think that Pirri's leaving has a lot to do with JL's statement that he will be in Troy. He wants to be the top center which he did not feel that he would be with BP on the team, just like he was not when they played together two years ago for Team Canada East.
                I dunno RB, while its certainly possible that the two may not have liked each other or JL perhaps felt slighted at TCE, the great athletes I've known personally want to play with the best. I think the scenario that led to the delay was likely a combination of many factors discussed here previously.

At this point I don't much care what caused the delay...I am thrilled to hear Jake say he is Troy-bound, but will refrain from performing any backflips (and RC won't get his free PBR ) until Jake is running the hills of Troy next August...

FWIW --this statement from JL can only help us in the Spink Bros. sweepstakes. (Yes, Ralph -- assuming of course that we have an interest and they have the academic chops.)

Kudos to Weaver for doing the legwork with JL that the S-F repeatedly failed to do!!!
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-02-2010, 10:15 AM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of his going to Troy in January. I think that it would really help the team, but as others have said, it could upset the team chemistry. Anyway, the possibility of his arrival in January wasn't mentioned.
                  I don't see Seth or JL throwing away a 1/2 a season of eligibility just to get him here in Jan... in fact he said it himself: " I’ll be there in a year."

Of course, this may come under review if we are rolling thru the ECAC and are looking like national contenders...
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Kudos to Weaver for doing the legwork with JL that the S-F repeatedly failed to do!!!

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

OTOH, what JL does after he leaves Cornwall is probably not of such great interest to SF's target audience around Cornwall.
                      Disagree. The S-F does a good job of following what Colts' alum including Jesse Winchester and other notables (whose names escape me at the moment) are up to...including mentioning that he and others were skating with the Colts in recent week.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-02-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        I respectfully disagree with you . Ed Weaver writes a column in April or May that says JL is not ready and "immature". Then in the first of Sept he has this epiphany. Quick maturation process if you ask me. What happened between then and now. Two guys from Seth's program go pro. JL knows that RPI is a way to get from there to his dream of pros and he just saw Jerry and BP make that jump. I'm sure he matured and he did a nice job with Ed in the interview. Seems like a well spoken young man. I am not trying to spin the loss of BP and JDA, just saying that I believe that this was a factor (huge). As always, I remain, Respectfully, AD
                        Of course, JD'A and BP were drafted, and JL wasn't. I do think that there is a connection, but it is the fact that he won't be playing third fiddle at center to CP and BP next season.

Anyway, I am tickled pink to see our string of bad news has ended, and I look forward to more positive developments on this thread. An addition or two on Heisenberg's list soon would be good.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-02-2010, 10:59 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Disagree. The S-F does a good job of following what Colts' alum including Jesse Winchester and other notables whose names escape me at the moment...including mentioning that he and others were skating with the Colts in recent week.
                          You're right about that, but JL isn't an alum.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You're right about that, but JL isn't an alum.
                            One way or another he will be soon....

Comment

An addition or two on Heisenberg's list soon would be good.
                              tb and I have been discussing the need for a goalie recruit
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

WS, I like your new signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X