• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defkit
    replied
    Re: Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    like the BU fans who remember that Roy was hit, illegally from behind.
    In all my conversations with BU people since that tragic day, I have never heard someone refer to that play as a hit from behind, not even a penalty. Since that play was captured on video, most people have seen the footage and know what really happened. In fact I would submit that many BU fans (certainly newer ones) have no idea who Mitch Vig is - which pretty much is confirmation that nobody thinks he did anything wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    Rusty Griswald,
    you have oddly selective memory, like the BU fans who remember that Roy was hit, illegally from behind.
    Um, what? Everybody, including BU fans, know that Travis tripped and went head first into the boards. Never ever had I heard one BU fan mention that he was hit illegally from behind and the fact that you even posted that makes me remember how your hatred for BU affects your thought process.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Definitely not this.

Maybe this.
    Last edited by owslachief; 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
    Didn't Gionta play for Penn State?
    Maybe that is why I couldn't find it. I always get those two confused.

Leave a comment:

• GoMaine17
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Notice his claim that Pat Eaves broke his own vertebra (not shocking that this is a Maine fan claiming this since it happened vs. Maine).

And of course, he hit Exter, not the other way around.
    well duh what else would he talk about... dose he go to every hockey game in hockey east? or dose he just support his own team?

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    She said you weren't that good. Hence no caramel rolls for you.
    Wait, didn't Yager get a caramel roll when he was in grand forks?

Leave a comment:

• DisplacedCornellian
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    I'm surprised so many are actually doing his research for him and giving him all the required info to find real hits.

But even with that in mind, I can't believe no one has mentioned the most devastating hit I can remember in college hockey when Rob Stauber (Michigan Tech) layed out Brian Gianta (Iowa State) so hard that the plexiglass shattered, and Gianta's helmut went flying into the first row of seats just a couple years ago. I swear I saw it playing on You Tube but have since lost the link. I'm sure with some good digging the clip could be found.
    Didn't Gionta play for Penn State?

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

KIA, as you can see back on page 1, I basically rescinded my post. Although that seems to have been a bad idea judging from your opinion on all things Peaves.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    KOSports obviously isn't a college hockey fan
    I'm surprised so many are actually doing his research for him and giving him all the required info to find real hits.

But even with that in mind, I can't believe no one has mentioned the most devastating hit I can remember in college hockey when Rob Stauber (Michigan Tech) layed out Brian Gianta (Iowa State) so hard that the plexiglass shattered, and Gianta's helmut went flying into the first row of seats just a couple years ago. I swear I saw it playing on You Tube but have since lost the link. I'm sure with some good digging the clip could be found.

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Notice his claim that Pat Eaves broke his own vertebra (not shocking that this is a Maine fan claiming this since it happened vs. Maine).

And of course, he hit Exter, not the other way around.
    Rusty Griswald,
    you have oddly selective memory, like the BU fans who remember that Roy was hit, illegally from behind.

Eaves skated backward, blindly into a clothesline. 2 players were skating away with the same stick, both thinking it was theirs and Eaves skated backward into it.

Eaves hip checked Exter in the head. (watch the video) ANY classy player does not hit a goalie at full speed, never mind in the head. NEVER. (not even Prestin Ryan... whose hit on Eaves, nobody would ever defend... being an objective fan of HOCKEY, not of Maine, I am not sure why you continue to defend Eaves and his dirty play)

I wonder if the OP is next going to ask for video of children on fire or beheadings of Americans over in the middle east.

Hits where victims do not get up for a while are not cool.
    This is why I have examples of some really, really uncool ones.
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 10-02-2009, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• uofminneandy
    replied

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
    This must have been around 92-94 or so.

I was at the Bradley Center for the Badger Hockey Showdown and UW's Dan Plante (5'11, 215) just "Planted" some poor kid skating with his head down through neutral. Plante had a head of steam and that kid did NOT get up for some time. The hit was clean, and dammit was it a pile driver.

And...it was right in front of us. The crowd just cringed and got pretty fired up after that hit.

Wisconsin Hockey: Danny "Freight Train" Plante.
    1991, Big Ben Hankenson introduces Danny Plante to the WCHA with a thunderous check sending him spinning on the ice. I will never forget that one and those boys both came from the greatest public hockey school ever!!!

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    how about a cupcake?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

i'd hit it.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
    The one and only time I went to UND to watch a game, I took Dirty's mom into the bathroom..she definitely wasn't able to walk afterward.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalG...eature=related

Leave a comment:

Working...
X