• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Figures the hippie wouldn't think it was big...
    Well, the kid was about the size of 'bando.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
    That's it?
    Figures the hippie wouldn't think it was big...

Leave a comment:

• Choirboy
    replied

Pee-Wee Girls Hockey - These are 8-year-olds dude! Watch the stick at :16, it goes in the crowd and takes out this hockey dad!

8-Year-Old Girl Hockey Hit

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I didn't see it), but at the 1:30 mark of this video...
    http://gse.uml.edu/uml/hockey2009.htm

Leave a comment:

• uwbadgers14
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    I remember that hit. I was quite impressed too. A complete lay out.
    yep, kinda looked like a garage sale, gloves and stick everywhere... still ****ed i deleted it from the DVR before i could put it on you tube...

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Once I saw this dude take a 5-gallon home-made bong and take a monster toke from it. I wish I had video. That would make #1 on this list easily.
    I wish the thread was called "Biggest hit you've ever taken?"

The details of that night are absolutely ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Rimbaud
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Once I saw this dude take a 5-gallon home-made bong and take a monster toke from it. I wish I had video. That would make #1 on this list easily.
    That's it?

Leave a comment:

• richl49
    replied
    Fromer Nanook Aaron Voros in the pros

Borderline cheap, but that's Aaron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgm3...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• omahasioux1
    replied

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    Got Oshied.

File this next one away under old time hockey. I still remember when Craig Ludwig was in college at UND. Ludwig came to UND on a football scholarship to play tackle, but also tried out for the hockey team, and made the team as a walk-on. During player announcements at away games when his name was called the whole crowd would stand up on their feet and chant Goon...Goon...Goon

Seems like he could get away with murder and no one wanted to fight him. I recall during one game at the old Ralph Inglestad arena the puck got past the defensemen and was headed for the Sioux zone. A forward from the visiting team skated past Ludwig and Ludwig followed close behind. The puck drifted to the opposite corner of the rink and by then the forward and Ludwig were skating at full speed the full length of the ice. As the forward began to stop and touch the puck Ludwig hit him from behind at full speed. Ludwig launched him into the boards legs first then in a whip like motion his upper body and head crashed into the glass. After Ludwig crashed into him and then bounced off of him Ludwig skated away with the puck and the crowd was silent. The forward still facing the boards sort of slowly slid down the boards down to his knees then sort of slowly fell over to one side. As he lay motionless on the ice the crowd all on their feet then let out a great roar.
    Ludwig was the bomb. I remember he beat up two guys in one game and never got a penalty. This was good old time hockey, tons of fights on the ice and the refs couldn't catch it all. Anybody remember when Dean Dashian, can't remember the proper spelling of his last name, almost put a Gopher threw the boards at the old Ralph. The Gopher went into a seizure, Dr Shmelka sitting in front of me had to climb his 350 pound body over the short glass to the Minny bench and administer assistance.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Anyone remember the Beanpot final when Sidney Crosby (I think it was his junior year at Virginia Tech) got leveled by Chris Connor (Rutgers)?
    Yeah, Madison Square Garden was packed that night.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by GoMaine17 View Post
    Brian gianta(gointa (the 14 year old's spelling)) played for Iowa State?
    No, he played at Penn State as has already been corrected...

Anyone remember the Beanpot final when Sidney Crosby (I think it was his junior year at Virginia Tech) got leveled by Chris Connor (Rutgers)?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GoMaine17
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    I'm surprised so many are actually doing his research for him and giving him all the required info to find real hits.

But even with that in mind, I can't believe no one has mentioned the most devastating hit I can remember in college hockey when Rob Stauber (Michigan Tech) layed out Brian Gianta (Iowa State) so hard that the plexiglass shattered, and Gianta's helmut went flying into the first row of seats just a couple years ago. I swear I saw it playing on You Tube but have since lost the link. I'm sure with some good digging the clip could be found.
    Brian gianta(gointa (the 14 year old's spelling)) played for Iowa State?

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Wait, didn't Yager get a caramel roll when he was in grand forks?
    As did MEg.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Um, what? Everybody, including BU fans, know that Travis tripped and went head first into the boards. Never ever had I heard one BU fan mention that he was hit illegally from behind and the fact that you even posted that makes me remember how your hatred for BU affects your thought process.
    We must have been typing at the same time Must be close to puck dropping time...only this time I'm too far away

Leave a comment:

Working...
X