X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    Grotting beating up White is classic as well
    Yep, gotta love someone going bananas on someone when that person only tried to keep them from jumping on one of their teammates from behind. Not to mention throwing punches when he is down on the ice unable to protect himself.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalG...eature=related
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
        The one and only time I went to UND to watch a game, I took Dirty's mom into the bathroom..she definitely wasn't able to walk afterward.
        She said you weren't that good. Hence no caramel rolls for you.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

i'd hit it.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            how about a cupcake?
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
              This must have been around 92-94 or so.

I was at the Bradley Center for the Badger Hockey Showdown and UW's Dan Plante (5'11, 215) just "Planted" some poor kid skating with his head down through neutral. Plante had a head of steam and that kid did NOT get up for some time. The hit was clean, and dammit was it a pile driver.

And...it was right in front of us. The crowd just cringed and got pretty fired up after that hit.

Wisconsin Hockey: Danny "Freight Train" Plante.
              1991, Big Ben Hankenson introduces Danny Plante to the WCHA with a thunderous check sending him spinning on the ice. I will never forget that one and those boys both came from the greatest public hockey school ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Notice his claim that Pat Eaves broke his own vertebra (not shocking that this is a Maine fan claiming this since it happened vs. Maine).

And of course, he hit Exter, not the other way around.
                Rusty Griswald,
                you have oddly selective memory, like the BU fans who remember that Roy was hit, illegally from behind.

Eaves skated backward, blindly into a clothesline. 2 players were skating away with the same stick, both thinking it was theirs and Eaves skated backward into it.

Eaves hip checked Exter in the head. (watch the video) ANY classy player does not hit a goalie at full speed, never mind in the head. NEVER. (not even Prestin Ryan... whose hit on Eaves, nobody would ever defend... being an objective fan of HOCKEY, not of Maine, I am not sure why you continue to defend Eaves and his dirty play)

I wonder if the OP is next going to ask for video of children on fire or beheadings of Americans over in the middle east.

Hits where victims do not get up for a while are not cool.
                This is why I have examples of some really, really uncool ones.
                Last edited by KnowItAll; 10-02-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                  KOSports obviously isn't a college hockey fan
                  I'm surprised so many are actually doing his research for him and giving him all the required info to find real hits.

But even with that in mind, I can't believe no one has mentioned the most devastating hit I can remember in college hockey when Rob Stauber (Michigan Tech) layed out Brian Gianta (Iowa State) so hard that the plexiglass shattered, and Gianta's helmut went flying into the first row of seats just a couple years ago. I swear I saw it playing on You Tube but have since lost the link. I'm sure with some good digging the clip could be found.

Comment

KIA, as you can see back on page 1, I basically rescinded my post. Although that seems to have been a bad idea judging from your opinion on all things Peaves.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      I'm surprised so many are actually doing his research for him and giving him all the required info to find real hits.

But even with that in mind, I can't believe no one has mentioned the most devastating hit I can remember in college hockey when Rob Stauber (Michigan Tech) layed out Brian Gianta (Iowa State) so hard that the plexiglass shattered, and Gianta's helmut went flying into the first row of seats just a couple years ago. I swear I saw it playing on You Tube but have since lost the link. I'm sure with some good digging the clip could be found.
                      Didn't Gionta play for Penn State?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Wait, didn't Yager get a caramel roll when he was in grand forks?
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Notice his claim that Pat Eaves broke his own vertebra (not shocking that this is a Maine fan claiming this since it happened vs. Maine).

And of course, he hit Exter, not the other way around.
                          well duh what else would he talk about... dose he go to every hockey game in hockey east? or dose he just support his own team?
                          c'mon Maine, I gotta have more more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                            Didn't Gionta play for Penn State?
                            Maybe that is why I couldn't find it. I always get those two confused.

Comment

Definitely not this.

Maybe this.
                              Last edited by owslachief; 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                Rusty Griswald,
                                you have oddly selective memory, like the BU fans who remember that Roy was hit, illegally from behind.
                                Um, what? Everybody, including BU fans, know that Travis tripped and went head first into the boards. Never ever had I heard one BU fan mention that he was hit illegally from behind and the fact that you even posted that makes me remember how your hatred for BU affects your thought process.

Comment

Working...
                                X