• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Woooooooooooooooooooooosh.
    HA. You are correct.

My bad knowitall. I was just pretending to be a UVM fan for a minute.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-01-2009, 02:58 PM.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

OSHIEEEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pasfffw75GY

Comment

For college hockey, the first one that comes to mind is SCSU's Jonathan Lehun on UND's Tyler Palmiscno on Nov. 9, 2002. But I can't find any video of it.

Comment

Originally posted by stickboy1956 View Post
          Oshie's best hit was on Maine's Simon Danis-Pepin when TJ sent him flying head over heels into the Black Bear bench.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by KOSports View Post
            I'm working on a new sports TV show highlighting the biggest hits and knockouts from all sorts of sports.

What were the biggest hits you've ever seen in a college hockey game? We are looking for the type of hit where the victim wasn't able to get back to his feet for a few moments.

Your suggestions might make it to air!
            I've got a really comprehensive list... but I'm charging top $$ for it.

What's your new sports tv show's budget?
            maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Chris Collins got hammered by some BU putz in a Beanpot a few years back.
              Was that the Brian McConnell hit?

I remember Tony Amonte getting leveled by 3 BC players at the Beanpot and then scoring a hattrick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Oshie's best hit was on Maine's Simon Danis-Pepin when TJ sent him flying head over heels into the Black Bear bench.
                That was an awesome hit.

It's in this video, 28 seconds in:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNXh5qi1oK4

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Petrecki killing someone on the left boards in the 2008 semifinal vs. North Dakota was a good one.

Chris Collins got hammered by some BU putz in a Beanpot a few years back.

Grier used to kill everything that moved at BU in the mid-90s.
                  Please include the name of both teams...what school was Petrecki from?

Comment

Brian sipotz of miami creamed UNH's David Busch in 2000 or 2001. His number, #2 was immortalized as a verb in honor of the Sipotz hit.
                    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                      There was also one last year when wisconsin played at Minnesota and Ryan McDonagh got Jay Barriball on the boards and flat out leveled him coming into the zone one of the best hits i'v seen as far as 1 on 1 with the defender coming into the zone and just plastering him into the boards., I keep trying to find it on youtube but i can't, even the minny announcers were like WOW!!!!!
                      What was the other team? What year was this from?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                        I love that video. All it's missing is an exploding hockey polar bear.
                        Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                          That was an awesome hit.

And that video doesn't even come close to doing the hit justice. The view from the other side of the arena was absolutely awesome. All I remember from that weekend is UND getting smoked and that hit.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                            There was also one last year when wisconsin played at Minnesota and Ryan McDonagh got Jay Barriball on the boards and flat out leveled him coming into the zone one of the best hits i'v seen as far as 1 on 1 with the defender coming into the zone and just plastering him into the boards., I keep trying to find it on youtube but i can't, even the minny announcers were like WOW!!!!!
                            Originally posted by KOSports View Post
                            What was the other team? What year was this from?
                            The other team... Wisconsin at Minnesota. There are only 2 teams per game.
                            Last year would mean, well, last year.

Good luck with the new show.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                              For college hockey, the first one that comes to mind is SCSU's Jonathan Lehun on UND's Tyler Palmiscno on Nov. 9, 2002. But I can't find any video of it.
                              Thanks..what does SCSU and UND stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian
                                Back in the 2001-2002 season, in the playoffs at Lake Placid, I recall Doug Murray hitting Marc Cavosie of RPI at center ice and sending him spinning through the air. That would've been 3/15/2002. Can't find any video.
                                What schools were playing?

Comment

Working...
                                X