Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

I'm working on a new sports TV show highlighting the biggest hits and knockouts from all sorts of sports.

What were the biggest hits you've ever seen in a college hockey game? We are looking for the type of hit where the victim wasn't able to get back to his feet for a few moments.

Your suggestions might make it to air!

Re: Biggest Hit You've Ever Seen?

How 'bout that hit Travis Roy put on Mitch Vig?
    the one Patrick Eaves put on himself or the one he put on Joe Exter
    Or the one one Brashear took from McSorley?
    Maybe the one Dale Earnhardt put on a wall?

Or how about you make a tasteful video?

Comment

the Travis Roy comment is tasteless.

that being said, biggest hit I saw was Mike Grier on some unsuspecting BCer in the middle of the ice during the 1995 Beanpot final. It was a perfectly legal hit, yet it was so hard the ref called a penalty anyway, thinking it must have been illegal (at least, that's what I remember the announcers saying - I was at the game but watched the tape after)

btw, KOsports. I accidentally gave you a negative rep that was meant for the other guy. looks like I can't undo it. sorry about that.
      Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Or my favorite hit...

Woody Hayes on Charlie Bauman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVJyf0ft3I
        UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
          How 'bout that hit Travis Roy put on Mitch Vig?
          the one Patrick Eaves put on himself or the one he put on Joe Exter
          Or the one one Brashear took from McSorley?
          Maybe the one Dale Earnhardt put on a wall?
          Who took a leak in your cheerios this morning?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Ike on Tina
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Please include the year of the incident with your suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Who took a leak in your cheerios this morning?
                he did?
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Petrecki killing someone on the left boards in the 2008 semifinal vs. North Dakota was a good one.

Chris Collins got hammered by some BU putz in a Beanpot a few years back.

Grier used to kill everything that moved at BU in the mid-90s.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    he did?
                    Notice his claim that Pat Eaves broke his own vertebra (not shocking that this is a Maine fan claiming this since it happened vs. Maine).

And of course, he hit Exter, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Notice his claim that Pat Eaves broke his own vertebra (not shocking that this is a Maine fan claiming this since it happened vs. Maine).

And of course, he hit Exter, not the other way around.
                      Woooooooooooooooooooooosh.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8xzJBpsc0k

Ryan Little, they show the hit a couple times in this replay, grotting beating up White is classic as well but the hit on the boards is sweeeeet. Big Time hit
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

There was also one last year when wisconsin played at Minnesota and Ryan McDonagh got Jay Barriball on the boards and flat out leveled him coming into the zone one of the best hits i'v seen as far as 1 on 1 with the defender coming into the zone and just plastering him into the boards., I keep trying to find it on youtube but i can't, even the minny announcers were like WOW!!!!!
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                            There was also one last year when wisconsin played at Minnesota and Ryan McDonagh got Jay Barriball on the boards and flat out leveled him coming into the zone one of the best hits i'v seen as far as 1 on 1 with the defender coming into the zone and just plastering him into the boards., I keep trying to find it on youtube but i can't, even the minny announcers were like WOW!!!!!
                            I remember that hit. I was quite impressed too. A complete lay out.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8xzJBpsc0k

Ryan Little, they show the hit a couple times in this replay, grotting beating up White is classic as well but the hit on the boards is sweeeeet. Big Time hit
                              Who altered this video to remove the green jerseys?
                              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Working...
                              X