Yale Hockey 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Yale looked very impressive vs. Colgate last night.
    Should be a great battle for 1st place in ECAC tonight
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
      Yale looked very impressive vs. Colgate last night.
      Should be a great battle for 1st place in ECAC tonight
      Don't forget about Union. Because they pulled out an amazing come from behind win last night and play a dejected Harvard team tonight, the loser in Ithaca tonight will likely be in third place.

Comment

Great win by the Bulldogs at Lynah! Was anyone there? What was it like when Yale scored the game-winner in OT?

Comment

Awesome win to take control of first place in the ECAC. It helps that Union lost too. I wasnt there but it seems from the box score that Yale played true Yale hockey tonight. They outshot Cornell 41-8 in the final 2 periods and overtime. GREAT WIN!
          Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

A phenomenal game. A gritty, gutty win against a VERY good
            team. Watched on ICS Sports. Well-called game with a modicum of
            homerism. Scrivens kept it from being 5-1. Didn't shed any tears over
            the RPI and Union losses. Way to go Harvard and D-mouth.

Comment

Great team effort tonight. Congrats on the Ivy title, again. Looking forward to the trip to take in next week's games. Doc, are you attending as well?

Comment

Originally posted by shooter86 View Post
                Great team effort tonight. Congrats on the Ivy title, again. Looking forward to the trip to take in next week's games. Doc, are you attending as well?
                Unfortunately, I will be working. Off one weekend, on the next.
                Truth be told I was VERY HAPPY to be OFF tonite. Would hate to have missed
                HANNAH KEARNEY'S GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody asked me today.........
                if I could only get one, which would I prefer....... a gold medal for Hannah or
                a Yale win over Cornell? For complex reasons, I picked Hannah....... I figured
                the guys would take care of themselves. Today is right up there with the
                Red Sox in 2004 and 2007,USA Hockey on 2/22/80, the 3 Pats Superbowls,
                the Bruins on 5/4/70. And of course, the Celtics..... many times over. Congrats to Denny and the entire Kearney family........ it doesn't get any
                better than this. Please bring Hannah to Ingalls to get a standing OOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife View Post
                  Awesome win to take control of first place in the ECAC. It helps that Union lost too. I wasnt there but it seems from the box score that Yale played true Yale hockey tonight. They outshot Cornell 41-8 in the final 2 periods and overtime. GREAT WIN!
                  I watched the streaming video. The first period was great, back and forth hockey. After that, it was Yale against Scrivens, and Ben was 2 minutes shy of stealing a point.

Yale's the best team we've played all year and clearly the favorite for both the RS and Tourney ECAC titles. I hope our seniors get one more shot against them; to be the best you have to beat the best, and right now Yale is the best.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Flair View Post
                    to be the best you have to beat the best...
                    Wooo.

*****http://catch-americain.wifeo.com/images/Ric-flair05.jpg******
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I watched the streaming video. The first period was great, back and forth hockey. After that, it was Yale against Scrivens, and Ben was 2 minutes shy of stealing a point.

Yale's the best team we've played all year and clearly the favorite for both the RS and Tourney ECAC titles. I hope our seniors get one more shot against them; to be the best you have to beat the best, and right now Yale is the best.
                      Thanks,Kepler........... well said. I hope 2 and, preferably 3,
                      teams from the ECAC get to the Big Dance. Methinks they could do
                      some damage.

Comment

While Yale absolutely dominated the game after the first period, I think the story of the game is Blase. Yale has always played well against Cornell over past 4 years, especially at Lynah where this group of Yale seniors has NEVER lost. However having watched the first 2 periods Blase made some great saves on grade A scoring chances by Cornell.
                        We have all been calling for Blase to get a chance this year, and it seems now having been given it that opportunity he has established himself as the man in goal, and just like with Richards last year it's great to see the senior being given that opportunity.
                        Now if I can just find some tickets for the Quinnipiac game, maybe we can watch Yale win back-to-back ECAC regular season championships for first time ever.
                        Lastly, huge props have to go out to Backman. He continues to play biggest in the biggest games and teamed with Little I think it's hard to argue that there is a better scoring combo in all the country!
                        -------------

Comment

The most important thing from this weekend is that we moved up from 19th-ish in the PWR to 8th. We should be a pretty safe bet to make it into the NCAA tournament now as long as we do as we should and take care of the weaker teams we will play.
                          Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                          Boston University '06/'08
                          Yale University '13

Comment

Backman almost outshot Cornell by himself. It was nice to see Yales only two Connecticut resident skaters get the two most important goals of the season. I have been worried about Arcobello's play this season, but he seems to be turning it on at just the right time. Yale has to make sure that they do not overlook next weekends games. Cornell surely has the harder season ending schedule and it is nice to see that they still have a match left with Union. The QU game mayend up being a huge one for Yale. Congrats to Ms. Kearney on her Gold Medal, there is an article on Yahoo about her father being tackled by security when trying to jump the barrier to celebrate her win.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                              While Yale absolutely dominated the game after the first period, I think the story of the game is Blase. Yale has always played well against Cornell over past 4 years, especially at Lynah where this group of Yale seniors has NEVER lost. However having watched the first 2 periods Blase made some great saves on grade A scoring chances by Cornell.
                              We have all been calling for Blase to get a chance this year, and it seems now having been given it that opportunity he has established himself as the man in goal, and just like with Richards last year it's great to see the senior being given that opportunity.
                              Now if I can just find some tickets for the Quinnipiac game, maybe we can watch Yale win back-to-back ECAC regular season championships for first time ever.
                              Lastly, huge props have to go out to Backman. He continues to play biggest in the biggest games and teamed with Little I think it's hard to argue that there is a better scoring combo in all the country!
                              Go to http://www.stubhub.com/quinnipiac-ho...?isGen2Event=1.
                              Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                                The most important thing from this weekend is that we moved up from 19th-ish in the PWR to 8th. We should be a pretty safe bet to make it into the NCAA tournament now as long as we do as we should and take care of the weaker teams we will play.
                                Great to be up there in PWR, although even at this time of year teams (especially those in the Ivy league with many fewer out of conference games) seem to be able to rise and fall with amazing speed in PWR. Yale's non-conference win vs. Ferris State and tie vs. Wisconsin help, but I'd love to know where Yale would be if they hadn't lost in OT to UMass and by 1-0 to Vermont.

In the end, I think if they play solid the rest of the year, an NCAA tourney birth should come their way (especially if win ECAC Regular season). What I hope is that they get put in either the Albany or better yet Worcester side of bracket.

I expect Blase to start Friday. Wonder if he will get a rest for Saturday's 4pm start.
                                -------------

Comment

Working...
                                X