X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
    Hey Yale fans,

As I'll be visiting Ingalls rink tomorrow for your game against Dartmouth, I am wondering if it's going to be a sell out and whether I should order tickets in advance. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    It will probably be close to a sellout but I bet you won't have a problem getting tickets at the door. If you want to play it safe, buy them ahead. On another note, it's great to see Backman as the main story. The team must pick it up though if he wants to reach his goal.
    Yale Hockey

Comment

Awesome game. The boys didn't give up and Blase stepped in and played great. Hopefully we can continue this and beat Harvard tomorrow.
      Yale Hockey

Comment

I'll be at Ingalls tomorrow for the Harvard game, for whatever that's worth. Hope it's a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
          Awesome game. The boys didn't give up and Blase stepped in and played great. Hopefully we can continue this and beat Harvard tomorrow.
          I don't see how you can't start Blase today.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
            I don't see how you can't start Blase today.
            Agreed. Maricic put himself into a very bad position yesterday. His positioning throughout the night was terrible (and it hasn't been much better, if at all this entire season). Maricic has a problem with cheating in anticipation of the next pass (which was the sole reason for the 2nd goal in last night's game), and his rebound control is atrocious (the sole reason for the 1st goal). He's got fine reflexes, and a good glove/stick but he's getting himself out of position and giving up juicy rebounds.

As for the game itself, way to Arcobello to take charge and start the rally. We thoroughly dominated Dartmouth last night, and the score should have been much worse than it actually was. Way to stick with the program.
            Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
            Boston University '06/'08
            Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
              Agreed. Maricic put himself into a very bad position yesterday. His positioning throughout the night was terrible (and it hasn't been much better, if at all this entire season). Maricic has a problem with cheating in anticipation of the next pass (which was the sole reason for the 2nd goal in last night's game), and his rebound control is atrocious (the sole reason for the 1st goal). He's got fine reflexes, and a good glove/stick but he's getting himself out of position and giving up juicy rebounds.

As for the game itself, way to Arcobello to take charge and start the rally. We thoroughly dominated Dartmouth last night, and the score should have been much worse than it actually was. Way to stick with the program.
              I agree, neither Maricic or Malcolm has impressed me. I don't see why Keith is so apt to play them over Blase and Rondeau.
              Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                I agree, neither Maricic or Malcolm has impressed me. I don't see why Keith is so apt to play them over Blase and Rondeau.
                Have to agree regarding Blase as he hasn't really been given a chance in game situations up until last night. Rondeau's stats also speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter86 View Post
                  Have to agree regarding Blase as he hasn't really been given a chance in game situations up until last night. Rondeau's stats also speak for themselves.
                  Well, Blase wasn't great last night, but he wasn't a complete liability out there, either. I guess you take what you can get, right?

As for last night as a whole, we played a good 35 minutes. We owned the 1st and last 15 minutes of the 3rd. Thankfully, against a weaker Harvard team, that's all we needed.

I'm continually impressed by this team's tenacity on the puck. They can really work that puck around the offensive zone and the top 2 lines have very good hockey sense and know where to be on the ice. That and speed helps. God this team is fast.
                  Yale University '13

Comment

I may not have had the chance to catch up with any of you at the game last night, but I assure you that I was there, and it was a great experience to see that atmosphere as well as all the stellar renovations to the building. Congrats on the win, and hopefully I won't be so busy the next time I come down.

Comment

Everyone seems satisfied with Blase in net, but how about the split of Backman and Arcobello onto separate lines? I believe it's now Backman-Oneill-Miller and Arcobello-Little-Kearney, which i believe is simply a swap of Miller and Arco. It's hard to imagine Backman not on the best line, but I'd have to say the Lil' Kearobello line is very threatening.

Comment

Allain has been doing some mix and match with the lines lately. Started out the year with
                        Oneill Arco Backman
                        Little Miller Keaney
                        although recently he has switched centers.
                        I dont like the new lines because Arco and Backman have great chemistry.
                        I did really like the line in the Harvard game that had Balch and Limbert together. They had a great forechecking prescence.
                        Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

This weekend will tell of a lot about where Yale is going.
                          Last year Blase started the year as #1 goalie before Richards took over and the team rallied behind the senior to reach new heights.
                          A good weekend by The Elis and Blase and we can all start thinking about another serious run into the postseason.
                          -------------
                          Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife View Post
                            I did really like the line in the Harvard game that had Balch and Limbert together. They had a great forechecking prescence.
                            Oh yeah. That line was phenomenal on Saturday, though Balch isn't always in the lineup. The other line of Mason, Brockett and Anderson has been really solid lately as well.

I just can't believe there's only one more weekend of regular season home games...

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                              Oh yeah. That line was phenomenal on Saturday, though Balch isn't always in the lineup. The other line of Mason, Brockett and Anderson has been really solid lately as well.

I just can't believe there's only one more weekend of regular season home games...
                              Yeah that 3rd line centered by Mason really plays solid in the neutral zones. Mason really creates a lot of chances with his speed, although he does seem to have a little trouble finishing plays.

For people who have a little history with Yale, how has the team been historically? I've noticed that the majority of the guys on the team are small, speedy types. The team plays a definite run-n-gun style with heavy forechecking which makes for exciting, if sometimes heart attack inducing hockey. Was the team like this prior to Allain taking the reigns?
                              Yale University '13

Comment

Yale has been very good since Allain came to Yale in '07. It helped that he was able to have Arcobello and Backman come in that year as well. Before that Yale wasn't very strong from '05 to '07. They had a few pretty good years when Chris Higgins(now plays for the Calgary Flames) played for them in '03 and '04. But even in those years they were not a top national team. Also Yale had a great stretch in the late '90s when players like Jeff Hamilton, Westlund, and Stafford played for them. I think that in '98 they were ECAC regular season champs and went to the national tournament.
                                Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X