X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by elihockeyfan View Post
    Doc,

I watched the Harvard game on the internet, and despite the rather poor quality of the feed, I thought our guys moved well on the ice, especially inthe third period. Harvard has plenty of talent and palying them in Bright is always a challenge. Obviously the two goals scored from near the blue line were the difference and certainly one of them could have been stopped. Also, as you pointed out, the penalties were a disaster for us.

That said, when you take on your nemesis anything can happen as it did Tuesday night. I will be at the Whale tomorrow night to see the guys (hopefully) return to their winning ways.
    Actually only one of the goals was scored out near the blue line. The others by Leblanc were out in front of your goalie.

Comment

Well, the Bulldogs continue to make every game interesting. Saturday night was a very exciting game to watch and great example of Yale's offensive potential. Aside from the shortie, the power play was dominating. But they couldn't close the door on a tenacious Brown squad.

Comment

Last night's game against Union was a doozy to watch. As licwinko mentioned previously, the PP was fantastic, the puck movement and tenacity in the offensive zone is superb. Every line creates chances and the speed of the team is unbelievable.

Defense remains a huge issue. Also, our goalies aren't fantastic. Our guys are poor at defending in transition (our forwards get caught up ice far too often) and we aren't strong defending down low and against the half boards. Once we get it out, it turns into instant offense, however.
        Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
        Boston University '06/'08
        Yale University '13

Comment

We were soundly beat by a RPI team that dug in and played a solid defensive game. We gave up way too much in the slot and on the rush. Also, our goaltending is shaky. At least one of those goals Maricic would want back. How come we have such a problem with RPI?
          Yale University '13

Comment

would getting walk up tickets for 4 be an issue saturday v. harvard?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
              We were soundly beat by a RPI team that dug in and played a solid defensive game. We gave up way too much in the slot and on the rush. Also, our goaltending is shaky. At least one of those goals Maricic would want back. How come we have such a problem with RPI?
              I think it's because we play similar styles. You guys try to use speed against us, and you get burned. However most of the other teams aren't as fluid and graceful, so your team is able to handle them easily, where as we have trouble with them. You definitely have a fast team, but I think RPI is one of the few teams (also Army in the AHA, probably a few others) where back-and-forth just doesn't work. Also, if the goaltending is shaky, you'll have trouble against us. Michigan learned that the hard way.

I didn't see last night's game, but saw the first match, and your skaters are very talented. Best of luck in the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                would getting walk up tickets for 4 be an issue saturday v. harvard?
                Risky. Try to get them early in the week by calling the ticket office.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I think it's because we play similar styles. You guys try to use speed against us, and you get burned. However most of the other teams aren't as fluid and graceful, so your team is able to handle them easily, where as we have trouble with them. You definitely have a fast team, but I think RPI is one of the few teams (also Army in the AHA, probably a few others) where back-and-forth just doesn't work. Also, if the goaltending is shaky, you'll have trouble against us. Michigan learned that the hard way.

I didn't see last night's game, but saw the first match, and your skaters are very talented. Best of luck in the rest of the season.
                  RPI seems like a team that should have more wins that it does. Any reason why? You've beat us twice quite easily.
                  Yale University '13

Comment

RPI blew third period leads against St. Lawrence, Union, and Harvard, resulting in two losses and a tie. The loss to Union was particularly painful, as RPI led with one minute to play and gave up two goals in the final 60 seconds. The tie against Harvard didn't feel very good, either, as the Crimson scored the tying goal with two and a fraction seconds left on the clock.

If RPI had held on for those three wins, they would be tied with Cornell right now.

Comment

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      What?
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but gallery added to game recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/01/30/rpi-yu.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                          Sorry for the delay, but gallery added to game recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/01/30/rpi-yu.php
                          Cool! Thanks, Melissa!
                          Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                            Nice to hear someone associated with Yale admit to a solid effort from RPI. Seems Allain couldn't bring himself to admit anything close to a compliment toward an opponent who in two games, has hung 9 goals on his squad, while allowing Yale 1. He'd better hope he doesn't draw us in the playoffs.

That said, Yale is a stacked team who will be in the hunt in the end, IMO. Sometimes one team just has another team's number.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Nice to hear someone associated with Yale admit to a solid effort from RPI. Seems Allain couldn't bring himself to admit anything close to a compliment toward an opponent who in two games, has hung 9 goals on his squad, while allowing Yale 1. He'd better hope he doesn't draw us in the playoffs.

That said, Yale is a stacked team who will be in the hunt in the end, IMO. Sometimes one team just has another team's number.
                              Good god, RPI and Yale better not meet in the playoffs! That'd be the worst possible matchup for us!

I can readily admit where my team has fault: I did go to a hockey fanatic school in BU for undergrad/masters and am an avid Colorado Avalanche fan. The best fans are the harshest critics, no?

I agree, this Yale team is fast and gifted offensively and everyone contributes. They can finish with aplomb. It's much different than watching this year's BU squad which can't find the net to save its life.
                              Yale University '13

Comment

Hey Yale fans,

As I'll be visiting Ingalls rink tomorrow for your game against Dartmouth, I am wondering if it's going to be a sell out and whether I should order tickets in advance. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
                                Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                                University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X