Yale Hockey 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Good game today. Yale didn't play great but they were certainly on their game enough to win.
    Yale Hockey

Comment

I was at both games this weekend. Last night was about the best crowd I have ever seen at the Whale. A great game between two good teams, but as all the Q posters have noted on this blog, Yale really wanted it more.

The low spot was the penalty on Backman: he was pushed into Q's goalie and got assessed two minutes. Go figure. Clearly Donald's goal lifted the team, and the last ten minutes was just all Yale. An electrifying combination of skill and desire....

Today's game understandably lacked a lot of last night's energy. We had several chances we didn't convert, and we got lucky when they missed a couple of chances (and we had some awesome defensive plays, especially one by Digs where he dropped his stick to the ice and broke up a 2 on 1 breakaway that would have been a certain goal). The goalie looked pretty good, although that still seems to be our biggest issue.

Gotta love these 4 point weekends. If you look at Q's blog, their posters were concerned about the Brown game if they lost to us on Friday. How right they were.

Comment

Originally posted by elihockeyfan View Post
        Gotta love these 4 point weekends.
        Beating Q and then Princeton was a great went to head into the break.
        A little less than halfway through the season, you have to be happy with the way this first half has gone. While we have had some disappointing losses/ties, overall with the exception of that first loss at RPI, we have two other 1 goal losses and have outscored our oppenents 52-35.

Looks like we are trying to decide between 2 Freshman Goalies now- Maricic and Malcolm. Still now sure why Blaise hasn't been given a start.

Looking forward to the second 1/2 of the season and making a run and the NCAAs.
        -------------
        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

I figure this might be the best place to ask, where the heck can I find a Bulldogs jersey?

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood View Post
            I figure this might be the best place to ask, where the heck can I find a Bulldogs jersey?
            I have no idea to be honest. The few I have came from the equipment manager.
            Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood View Post
              Ferris' Pro shop, in the lobby of the ice arena always has them, sometimes on sale, especially this time of year.

Goodluck Bulldogs!!

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
                Ferris' Pro shop, in the lobby of the ice arena always has them, sometimes on sale, especially this time of year.

Goodluck Bulldogs!!
                I don't think those ones will have a Y on them.

Comment

A very good and solid way to start the second half with a dominanting win over a ranked Ferris State squad and then a tie with a strong Wisconsin team. Would have been nice to win the shootout and take home the last Badger Showdown Trophy, but nothing wrong with allowing the Wisconsin boys to celebrate a little as the trophies we now dream about are of a much larger caliber.

This team looked solid today against Wisconsin and goalie play seems to be improving. We again dominated the shots on goal and were able to score a goal in the last 5 minutes on the PP while trailing 2-1.

A run at repeating ECAC regular and post-season championships is certainly well within the potential of this team. Thereafter who knows, but I think it's time to start talking about this team as having a real shot to make significant noise on a national stage.
                  -------------

Comment

Congrats on an extremely strong showing in Wisco. Way to represent the league well!

Comment

Very impressive team, boys. 65 minutes of college hockey; I think you had the better play for maybe 40+ minutes. A speedy, veteran team!

Who knows, we may meet again.............
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

After a bit of a slow start this season, Yale is definitely on the move and FWIW, up 3 to no. 6 in the USCHO poll. If the goaltending is solid, the definitive team to beat in the ECAC.

Comment

Whats the deal with the low PWR ranking? After beating Ferris (#3 in these rankings) and a tie vs. UW (#5), why are the Elis so low. These are the rankings that determine which teams make the tourny.
                          Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                            Whats the deal with the low PWR ranking? After beating Ferris (#3 in these rankings) and a tie vs. UW (#5), why are the Elis so low. These are the rankings that determine which teams make the tourny.
                            Come on, aren't you guys IVY league's best!! It's math, simple math; period.

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
                              Come on, aren't you guys IVY league's best!! It's math, simple math; period.

Ivy's Best....ECACs Best....best in CT (although have to like what Quinnipiac is doing)....and currently Best in New England!

Pairwise will improve significantly as we move forward.
                              -------------

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                                Ivy's Best....ECACs Best....best in CT (although have to like what Quinnipiac is doing)....and currently Best in New England!
                                And you still can't do the math??

Comment

Working...
                                X