Yale Hockey 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

So let's look too far ahead, and to the NCAAs.
    While a #1 seed in the NCAAs is still possible, we don't control our destiny for that. With that said, we can hope to be placed in the East (Albany) or better yet North East (Worcester) regional.
    In order for that to happen we need to stay out of Miami's bracket as they will be in Ft. Wayne. Assuming the other top seeds are Denver, Wisconsin, and either St. Cloud or Bemidji, then Denver and Wisconsin will be in Worcester and Albany, with the St. Cloud/Bemidji #1 going to St. Paul.
    If Wisconsin ends up #3 in PWR then we would need to be #5 to end up with them. If Denver stays as #1 in PWR then we would need to be #8 to be placed with them.
    Since we can't control any of that, let's hope for losses by St. Cloud and Bemidji and for our boys to continue to score 7+ goals a game
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

I prefer to get through this evenings game with QU before we speculate on the NCAA's. There is photo on the Yale website of Ryan Donald being handed the Cleary Cup after last evenings game, so unless there are two cups, we have it again.

With both teams playing at a high level last night we should see some excellent action this evening.

*****http://www.yalebulldogs.com/IMG_0834.jpg?max_width=150&max_height=250&crop=true******
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
        Ok, it's October and less than a month until the bulldogs first exhibition game. What are people's thoughts about the team, new and improved Ingalls Rink and anything else Yale Hockey?
        Congrats to Yale on an amazing regular season and capturing their first ever back to back ECAC Regular Season Championships and Clearly Cups.

Was at the game tonight and Yale clearly didn't have much emotion having very little to play for.

There is still an issue at goal as Maricic did not look good. Would still like to see Blase, but it appears that Allain doesn't feel that way.
        -------------

Comment

Was at the game, as well. I would agree there was no emotion.

Tip my cap to Q, they wanted it more. The "Beat Yale" shirts cracked me up. This game was like Game 7 of the Stanley Cup, the Super Bowl, and the World Cup final all rolled into one for the Q faithful. My head is still pounding from the pre-game intro ceremony. They must have played every Jock Jam song known to man. I had a great time . Like to thank "ZYanksrule" from the Q thread who told me to get there early. I go there at 6:45pm and there was already traffic.

Congrats to Yale for winning their second straight Cleary Cup. -now if we can just get ths goalie situation under control.
          Last edited by bulldawg21; 02-27-2010, 09:19 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
            This game was like Game 7 of the Stanley Cup, the Super Bowl, and the World Cup final all rolled into one for the Q faithful.
            That it was! Remember... we think it's a rivalry!

Congrats to the Bulldogs on the season championship. Good luck the rest of the way (unless we meet again).
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

ECAC Hockey Fans, it is with great pleasure that I announce your ECAC Pick the Standings 2009-2010 winner: Saints17, a comfortable 16 points ahead of the runnerup jmhusker.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I agree about Yales goaltending last night, also Peel had a horrible night on defense, he was single handedly responsible for not taking his man on two goals. Although Maricic should have not allowed the wrap around goal, Peel should have bodied the guy behind the net before it happened. hopefully that is the last of Maricic.

QU played great defense and Yale seemed a step slow on the forecheck.

That rinks setup on top of that hill is very poorly designed, I arrived an hour early and left with 8 minutes left, just so i could get out of that parking/traffic nightmare. A little secret for anyone who knows their way around the area, enter the access road from the other end of Shepard as a short cut.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=LTsatch;4662131] hopefully that is the last of Maricic.
                  QUOTE]

PLEASE!!!
                  Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=LTsatch;4662131]I agree about Yales goaltending last night..... hopefully that is the last of Maricic.[QUOTE]

As you know I truly hope it is, but I doubt it.
                    For the life of me I don't understand what Allain has against Blase.
                    Forget the fact that Blase has proven himself a solid goalie in years past, is a senior, and is undefeated on the season. Call those intangibles, what you will, etc. But let's just look at the numbers, pure and simple.

Player.....Min Goals GAA SV SV% Win %
                    Rondeau..233 15 3.86 110 .880 .500
                    Blase.......278 11 2.37 94 .895 1.000
                    Maricic....772 38 2.95 300 .888 .667
                    Malcolm...478 23 2.89 172 .882 .625

All season long it's been the same story....no reason that we can see for Blase not to be starting, but for some reason he isn't. Would be nice is someone asked Allain why that is. Is it because he is not great in practice (if so who cares, the other goalies aren't good in games). Anyone out there have an idea?
                    Last edited by yalehockeyfan; 02-28-2010, 01:14 PM.
                    -------------

Comment

Hey guys- I originally did this just for Union but I figured I would post it in this Yale thread as well. Congrats on winning the Cleary Cup! Hope to see Yale in Albany. Since I'm bored and I should be writing a paper, I figured I'd write up all of the possible scenarios in round one:

Scenario Number One: (No upsets)
                      #5 St. Lawrence beats #12 Clarkson
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      #7 Quinnipiac beats #10 Dartmouth
                      #8 Princeton beats #9 Harvard
                      Union would play RPI. Yale would play Princeton. Cornell would play Quinnipiac. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Two: (One upset)
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      #9 Harvard beats #8 Princeton
                      Union would play RPI. Yale would play Harvard. Cornell would play Quinnipiac. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Three: (One upset)
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      #10 Dartmouth beats #7 Quinnipiac
                      Union would play RPI. Yale would play Dartmouth. Cornell would play Princeton. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Four: (One upset)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Quinnipiac. Yale would play Brown. Cornell would play Princeton. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Five: (One upset)
                      #12 Clarkson beats #5 St. Lawrence
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      Union would play Quinnipiac. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Princeton. Colgate would play RPI.

Scenario Number Six: (Two upsets)
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      Union would play RPI. Yale would play Dartmouth. Cornell would play Harvard. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Six: (Two upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Quinnipiac. Yale would play Brown. Cornell would play Harvard. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Seven: (Two upsets)
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      Union would play Quinnipiac. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Harvard. Colgate would play RPI.

Scenario Number Eight: (Two upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Princeton. Yale would play Brown. Cornell would play Dartmouth. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Nine: (Two upsets)
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      Union would play Princeton. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Dartmouth. Colgate would play RPI.

Scenario Number Ten: (Two upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Princeton. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Brown. Colgate would play Quinnipiac.

Scenario Number Eleven: (Three upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Harvard. Yale would play Brown. Cornell would play Dartmouth. Colgate would play St. Lawrence.

Scenario Number Twelve: (Three upsets)
                      #6 RPI beats #11 Brown
                      Union would play Harvard. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Dartmouth. Colgate would play RPI.

Scenario Number Thirteen: (Three upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Harvard. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Brown. Colgate would play Quinnipiac.

Scenario Number Fourteen: (Three upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      Union would play Dartmouth. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Brown. Colgate would play Princeton.

Scenario Number Fifteen: (Four upsets)
                      #11 Brown beats #6 RPI
                      #9 Harvard beats # 8 Princeton
                      Union would play Dartmouth. Yale would play Clarkson. Cornell would play Brown. Colgate would play Harvard.

If I missed anything (I probably did), please let me know and I will fix my post.
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

LOL.

I think we figured it out a while ago.
                        We will play Princeton or the lowest pulls an upset

get back to that paper
                        -------------

Comment

Congrats to the Bulldogs on your second straight CC. Hope to meet you in Albany...
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Is there a potential quarter-final match-up that doesn't scare folks? I like Yale's chances against any of the five, but they all played Yale really tough during the regular season. I suppose a few more games against Harvard would be fun, as long as one or two Biegas get knocked to the ice.

Comment

This whole waiting thing made me nervous last year and is doing the same to me again. The thing with the ECAC this year is that "any given night" factor. Even the best teams got beat by the lower seeds.

How many wins do you guys think are needed to stay in the final 16 contention, I say at least a semifinal win in the ECAC's.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

It seems as if our next opponent is most likely to be Princeton, Harvard or Dartmouth. I saw all three of those regular season games at Ingalls, and the one that (imho) was most competitive was Dartmouth. They have some big guys.

Harvard would be fun because it's a cinch that Ingalls would be chock full to the rafters for those games.

I would just like to echo all of the comments about Blast on this thread. He may not be Alec Richards, but he is clearly our best choice right now. I am not sure why Allain keeps fighting that. If we get into the NCAAs, we are going to need all the experience we can muster, which would point to Blase.

Comment

Working...
                                X