Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket Price Elasticity: How high would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ticket Price Elasticity: How high would you go?

While I enjoy college hockey, I would not want to pay more than $20-25 per game........ Students in general should be able to purchase tickets at no more than $10, but I would always allow them in free on a space available basis

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Note to BC ticket office: this is how you get good season ticket sales...you actually offer an incentive rather than reducing prices for games well into the season after season ticket holders have already paid a higher per game price.

For a regular season game, completely agree. No school should be approaching the $30 mark.
      Did I see you can get a BC season ticket this year for $135 a ticket?

Comment

If PC gets any worse, I will have lost all interest in college hockey. So technically, my high ticket price is conceivably 0.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

If NHL tickets cost $40-80 on average, college hockey is at least half as good as the NHL (some say it's better but that's an argument for another thread), $20-30 is more than reasonable for what you get in college hockey, at least to me.
          By that logic, the average high school game in Minnesota is about $6, and I don't know that college hockey is more than three times better than that.

$15-20 seems about reasonable to me. I think some WCHA schools have definitely gone overboard on the ticket pricing in recent years.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            If you go to bceagles.com to purchase season tickets, there's an option to select a discounted season ticket of $135 (compared to the $221 standard package). Only problem is there is absolutely zero information on the discounted package...not even a short description. If I didn't already renew my season tickets, I might have checked this option out. What a surprise that they didn't mention that option in the renewal letter

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              of course season ticket holders were not told there was this new price for the 2 sections these are offered for. so, i renewed my tickets in the section in the middle of these 2 sections (like it matters in any game other than those involving the big 3-Maine-UNH-BU- and maybe even now just BU) and found this out afterward on eagleaction and as i said there, i feel violated
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 08-21-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                If you go to bceagles.com to purchase season tickets, there's an option to select a discounted season ticket of $135 (compared to the $221 standard package). Only problem is there is absolutely zero information on the discounted package...not even a short description. If I didn't already renew my season tickets, I might have checked this option out. What a surprise that they didn't mention that option in the renewal letter
                exactly and phrased more clearly than my post, thanks JD

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  By that logic, the average high school game in Minnesota is about $6, and I don't know that college hockey is more than three times better than that.

$15-20 seems about reasonable to me. I think some WCHA schools have definitely gone overboard on the ticket pricing in recent years.
                  Got to pay for the recession.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

It looks like Sioux hockey tickets are at a premium. Ticket prices vary quite a bit. Non-conf games are $25, conf games are $35, DU games are $40 and UMTC games are $50. Student prices are $7, or $10 for UMTC games. Makes you wonder how they can put 11,864 people in the place for every game.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      It looks like Sioux hockey tickets are at a premium. Ticket prices vary quite a bit. Non-conf games are $25, conf games are $35, DU games are $40 and UMTC games are $50. Student prices are $7, or $10 for UMTC games. Makes you wonder how they can put 11,864 people in the place for every game.
                      Apparently ticket prices are indexed to the price of wheat!

Comment

Makes you wonder how they can put 11,864 people in the place for every game.
                        Several reasons:
                        - no other comparable entertainment options to compete for $$$
                        - nearest D-1 hockey team is BSU (~2 hours away)
                        - your team doesn't play in a crappy arena
                        - the team has had only one bad year since the mid-90s (2002)

Comment

If NHL tickets cost $40-80 on average, college hockey is at least half as good as the NHL (some say it's better but that's an argument for another thread), $20-30 is more than reasonable for what you get in college hockey, at least to me.
                          I pay 0 dollars for going to DU games, but that's cause I have a hookup.

I somehow scored my UND/DU tickets last year. I would have paid 30 bucks for them at DU though.
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Makes you wonder how they can put 11,864 people in the place for every game.
                            50% Sioux Pride, 50% lack of other winter entertainment options.

Comment

I don't have much of a life, so as long as I could afford to pay for a roof over my head and enough food, I'd hate to think about how high I'd go. I expect to go quite a bit higher next year when Notre Dame moves the ice surface about 500 yards to the south. Fancy new building = fancy new higher ticket prices.

Comment

10% Sioux Pride, 90% lack of other winter entertainment options.
                                Fixed.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X