Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket Price Elasticity: How high would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Season Ticket Pricing

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Assuming 20 regular season games and 2 exhibitions that's $33.61 for season tickets.
    The Gophers play 1 ex, 21 RS (including the Mariucci Classic) and up to 3 playoff games (which I believe are included in the season ticket price). That would be 25 games, unless the Mariucci Classic and/or playoff games are not included. The website is not clear on this.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: 2010-11 Season Ticket Prices

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      I have tried to determine the average season ticket prices for all the Hockey East, ECAC Hockey, CCHA and WCHA schools (plus Alabama Huntsville).
      Code:
      Northern Michigan   $ 6.00
      Sean
      For NMU I don't believe playoff games are included, so season tickets are good for 18 games this season.

$6 would be for children under 18 years of age ($108/year). Season tickets for adults are $180, which works out to $10/game.

http://webb.nmu.edu/Tickets/SiteSect...etPrices.shtml
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

• Re: 2010-11 Season Ticket Prices

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
        For NMU I don't believe playoff games are included, so season tickets are good for 18 games this season.

$6 would be for children under 18 years of age ($108/year). Season tickets for adults are $180, which works out to $10/game.
        Thanks, I have made the correction.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: Ticket Price Elasticity: How high would you go?

I'm lazy. That said - I would be interested in seeing how prices compare to the number of tickets sold. I don't think there will be any really be a direct correlation. North Dakota would be an exception…

On a side note... CSWA (CC fan here) seems high on the average number of tickets sold per game stats. IMO.... We always have a lot of peeps at games but it's not uncommon to see a lot of empty seats. It's a big place but really only sells out of DU and maybe a few other schools where opposing fans travel well (maybe the Sioux and the Goofs).

I think cost of living and local salaries also come into play. Markets can be different - even in the short 70 miles between Colorado Springs and Denver. Don’t go even think of going to Pueblo – you might get shot!
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Mrs 86 and I follow too many teams during the winter season to purchase season tickets to any of them. When we go to Ohio State's men's hockey games, we can walk up and get tickets just about anywhere in the lower bowl for $11 each, which I am fine with that. With the current state of the program, it would be real stupid for the athletic department to even think of raising ticket prices. We play in a 17,500 seat arena and averaged about 3,100 per game attendance last season. Now, having said that, the athletic department decided enough was enough and chose not to renew the contract of John Markell. They hired Mark Osiecki, a Wisconsin assistant, to be our new head coach. To get to the point and answer the original question in this thread, yes, I would be willing to pay more than $11 a ticket, provided the product on the ice warranted it. I would go as high as $15 or even $20 if a championship program was being put on the ice. This past season and in many of John Markell's seasons, I think OSU hockey fans were actually overcharged for the product that was put on the ice. The attendance figure I mentioned earlier is about as low as it has been in a long time around here. The fans finally spoke loud and clear to the athletic department and said if this is the product you are putting on the ice, we're not coming out to see it. Thankfully the athletic department got the message. If John Markell had been renewed, Mrs 86 and I were not going to go to any games this season. We were ready to boycott the program if a change had not been made.

Comment

How much would I pay? I don't want to think about what I spend when I add in travel costs, so we'll ignore my away game habits.

I'd pay $500 for season tickets without thinking about it. I'd probably get to $650 before I'd consider dropping to a few games instead of a full season.

It's interesting to see what tickets cost elsewhere. Michigan student season tickets are more expensive than some school's regular season tickets (I believe student tickets are ~$10.50/game). As a student, I don't think I would have had the money to buy hockey tickets, I'm glad I was in the band.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

At RIT - General Admission Season tickets work out to $130 for 16 games, or $8.13/game. Playoffs not include - but get discounts on merchandise.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  How much would I pay? I don't want to think about what I spend when I add in travel costs, so we'll ignore my away game habits.

I'd pay $500 for season tickets without thinking about it. I'd probably get to $650 before I'd consider dropping to a few games instead of a full season.

It's interesting to see what tickets cost elsewhere. Michigan student season tickets are more expensive than some school's regular season tickets (I believe student tickets are ~$10.50/game). As a student, I don't think I would have had the money to buy hockey tickets, I'm glad I was in the band.
                  I definitely will ignore my away game spending (all expenses included). It's still value-based and such, but it makes that average I spend go way up.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

To be fair, a group of Michigan students with season tickets that put on pads would have as much success as some of these schools in the last 20 years of hockey with cheaper tickets.

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                    X