X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mookie1995
    replied
    Re: 2011 Frozen Four lottery results

So, NOBODY has gotten a "sorry" letter yet?!?

Leave a comment:

• jpdailey
    replied

Got the letter yesterday for 2 tickets. Have won every lottery since '06 (Milwaukee); attended every FF since '01 (Albany).

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Letter arrived today, got 2 tickets.

FFs attended: Boston, Columbus, St. Louis, Denver, Washington, Detroit, St Paul.

I successfully got tickets through the lottery now a total of 4 times. I believe that makes me a priority 3?

Leave a comment:

• COHockey
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyeastfan View Post
    RE 0 priority folks getting tix...hasn't it been policy to regularly set aside half (?) of the available seats for first time applicants to the lottery?
    They set aside a certain percentage to sponsors, the hosting school, NC$$, and others.

From what is left, about half (someone can correct me on it) is reserved to those with current priority. They always start with the most and go down until those tickets are exhausted. The bubble was priority 4 for the 2009 DC Frozen Four. Unsure if all priority 4s got their tickets, but it should be assumed those with three or less did not get tickets in this group.

Then all that is left is thrown in with all those who are applying for the first time (priority 0) and will be drawn randomly out of the second leftover half.

If someone wants to explain better, please do. pgb-ohio is the master all things point-wise. All I know it took me four tries before I got my first point.

Leave a comment:

• BU2K
    replied

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    I'm beginning to agree with mookie. Does anyone know of anyone who didn't get picked? My Dad applied for 2 tickets as a 0 and got them.
    I blame the Ford Field Fiasco

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Am guessing they *** up the letters.
    I'm beginning to agree with mookie. Does anyone know of anyone who didn't get picked? My Dad applied for 2 tickets as a 0 and got them.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyeastfan
    replied

Priority 5, got 3 tix.
    RE 0 priority folks getting tix...hasn't it been policy to regularly set aside half (?) of the available seats for first time applicants to the lottery?
    We've been to every FF since Buffalo but had several years of not being picked in lottery.

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Priority 14 (or whatever the max is) and got 4 tickets
    '95 Providence
    '96 Cincinnati
    '97 Milwaukee
    '98 Boston
    '99 Anaheim
    '00 Providence
    '01 Albany
    '02 St. Paul
    '03 Buffalo
    '04 Boston
    '05 Columbus
    '06 Milwaukee
    '07 St. Louis (new baby - sold tickets)
    '08 Denver (no money in budget - had to sell to father and BC alum sister)
    '09 Washington
    '10 Detroit
    '11 St. Paul (no money in budget - selling all 4, 2 to father)
    Hmm, I'm going to bet that of the 14 Frozen Fours you've been to, 2010 was your favorite?

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Got mine today, not sure what my priority is but its close to max. Got 3 tickets which will probably be for sale at face at some point

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Originally posted by shuyge View Post
    Priority 4 and got 4 tickets. We haven't been to a Frozen Four since Denver in '08, so looking forward to going back. We wanted tickets to DC in '09, but didn't get picked in the lottery and we didn't bother applying for Detroit in '10. Good to be back on track, but hoping for non-nosebleed seats this time around.
    There isn't a single bad seat in the XCel. I am thrilled to just get in the rink.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Priority 2, got 2.

Surprised by the Priority 0 people getting them to be honest. Maybe the ridiculous price and the economy set people off.

Leave a comment:

• shuyge
    replied

Priority 4 and got 4 tickets. We haven't been to a Frozen Four since Denver in '08, so looking forward to going back. We wanted tickets to DC in '09, but didn't get picked in the lottery and we didn't bother applying for Detroit in '10. Good to be back on track, but hoping for non-nosebleed seats this time around.

Leave a comment:

• GRussinko
    replied

Priority 0 and got the 4 tickets I applied for.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by Yorzinlax View Post
    I too am surprised that relatively low priority folks got tix. Congrats to them!
    Two major factors to consider:
    1) Bad economy (depresses demand for tickets overall)
    2) Minnesota has had three straight mediocre-to-bad seasons (depresses local demand for tickets as most don't expect the Gophers to make the F4)

There's also the relatively minor factor of those of us who used to enter the drawings who gave up on them due to the reward for winning being an upper level / relatively bad seat. As long as local demand isn't sky-high, it makes more sense to buy tickets off the street.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Am guessing they *** up the letters. I got tickets (now priority 3) and since buffalo I've lost out every year 'cept FFFF. They must be secretly planning on moving it into the HHHdome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X