Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack Offseason thread - preseason rank 10th again? I think not

Dennehy at media day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBiP...layer_embedded

Love the points he makes at the end...Merrimack is a tiny school in comparison to the behemoths of HE. The fact that we can get 500 kids on average to a game...a quarter of the school's population..really does speak volumes as to what kind of hockey culture has begun to thrive at Merrimack.

Also, the school kind of taking a leap of faith and spending a 10th of its endowment on rink renovations...hockey is here to stay Mack and the future is bright
    Last edited by Salvo1017; 09-29-2010, 08:46 PM.
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

We need someone to check all the men's room stalls in Lawler. When you find the one with a glory hole, you've found Hokiedope's office. Please let us know where it is so we can meet him.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey fan View Post
        thank u capt obvious. i was not even talking to you. what i was refering to was the post that infered that he was no big deal which i greatly disagree no need for you to jump all over me
        That's great. But I am talking to you. You can disagree with his assertion of whether or not he'll be good and that's fine, I'm just telling you that supporting your argument with 'he's succeeded at every level so far' is terrible. That means anyone that was ever good at hockey at any point in their lives is going to be great in college and then the NHL (because they were good in college!) and therefore destined to be enshrined in the HOF in Toronto.

They're going to have to expand the place in Toronto if you use that argument for everyone that has ever laced 'em up.

That's all I'm saying.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

HDad and Dover, take your estrogen match somewhere else no wants to see stupid bickering over non-related material. This thread is to talk Merrimack Hockey not argue over obscenities. If you have something constructive to say and it's related to Merrimack Hockey by all means post, otherwise I think I speak for most of us here when I respectfully ask you to remain silent.

@SalvucciM

Comment

getting back to hockey, Mike McMahon on his blog pointed out this great article on Joe Exter.

It's a great read, I recommend taking a look
            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...9/30_exter.php

@SalvucciM

Comment

Podcasts from Hockey East Media day can be found here.

Senior John Jamieson
              Senior Chris Barton
              Head Coach Mark Dennehy

http://warriorrinkrat.com/2010/09/30...-he-media-day/

@SalvucciM

Comment

Merrimack picks up a commitment for 3/4 years from now, as per Heisenberg. Brother of 2011 or 2012 incoming player Tyler Morley.
                Last edited by UMLFan; 10-01-2010, 01:49 PM.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  That's great. But I am talking to you. You can disagree with his assertion of whether or not he'll be good and that's fine, I'm just telling you that supporting your argument with 'he's succeeded at every level so far' is terrible. That means anyone that was ever good at hockey at any point in their lives is going to be great in college and then the NHL (because they were good in college!) and therefore destined to be enshrined in the HOF in Toronto.

They're going to have to expand the place in Toronto if you use that argument for everyone that has ever laced 'em up.

That's all I'm saying.
                  ur obviously overdoing a simple point i was making to someone else who is already underestimating a kid, so don't misinterpret what i say into making something so big out of it. get over it. nothing terrible with anything i said, u just cant leave it alone

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    You might think they are great recruits but 20 year olds playing in the AJHL or SJHL were there for a reason and any success they had has to be discounted when playing vs 16-18 year olds in a C league. Merrimack speant a tremendous amnount of time in the USHL scouting etc and did not get one impact player out of there.

Say what you want but the teams who "could never finish aghead of MC" are getting it done on the recruiting side. Albie, who left MC to be an asst at NU is getting the job done and killed MC in recruiting last season. They just landed the kid Angelini from the Steel, he is 6'4" and can fly, great F.

I do not see, outside getting lucky with DeCosta, where they are getting better kids now than in the past. Every team outside UMA has more NHL draft picks, even PC has more on their roster.
                    The more I read your posts, the less respect I have for your opinion. MC's record has been better the past two years than the ones just previous, including beating every team in Hockey East. Some of this is due to representation from the AJHL, Alberta Junior Hockey League, which you seem to have such little respect for. This year's squad has 15 of 28 players coming out of Canada's Junior leagues, including 7 from the AJHL. For a "C" league it has produced some pretty good players. Just have a look at a few schools in the NCAA and you will see quite a few players, both past and present, from the AJHL. It is a shame that you don't have the grace to respect what is going on at MC.
                    Last edited by icewarrior; 10-02-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X