Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
    The NCAA doesn't call the CHL leagues anything.

(There's a misconception that the NCAA calls them professional, but that's not really true. Rather, there's a specific rule that governs loss of eligibility for playing for a CHL team, which neatly sidesteps the question of whether the CHL is really professional or really amateur.)
    Good to know, thanks for the info.

It's also worth noting that the Canadians themselves consider players who play on teams in the CHL leagues (OHL, Q and WHL) amateurs. They retain their eligibility to play for Canadian universities (a fate worse than death).

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
      I just signed up for the Catamount bandwagon. Anybody else onboard?
      I immediately regret this decision.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Relax... you were against it, before you were for it.
        People 'round here get that
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

For those wondering, Chris Rawlings has offers to go pro but he will be staying at Northeastern at least another year. The way he said it, I'd guess he's probably planning on leaving at the end of next season though.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
            Mitch MacMillan is a great finisher, but there is a reason why he was 20 before he signed with a division one school and why he was not drafted by the NHL. He is just an average skater. Mark Mitch’s younger brother is a player without a visible weakness and has great future. I am looking forward to the next four years and Mitch should make NU’s power play much better, but another Chris Kreider he in not!
            You're right about Mitch's skating. He sometimes appears to shuffle his feet rather than picking them up and striding. However, he does this very well and it probably makes him harder to knock down or off the puck. He's better known for his hard accurate shot and for his willingness to take punishment in front of the net in order to score what his coach called "dirty goals". Brother Mark's principal liablity, at present is the fact that he barely weighs 150 lbs.. That's OK if a guy is 5'7" and lightning quick. Mark is 6' tall and there is some concern about the beating he'd take in D1. Another year of experience and work in the weight room would make him a real prized recruit.
            I'd expect him to be drafted in June.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
              The Kreider selection seems like a joke! The 1st round tag attached to him must have had a lot of influence.
              The Chris Kreider Line 3 Vermont 0
              Chris Kreider one goal, one assist.
              Ben Smith one goal.
              Jimmy Hayes one goal, two assists.
              High light of the game; Chris Kreider’s behind the net, behind the back, ,no look pass, on the Jimmy Hayes’s goal.

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by roma View Post
                The Chris Kreider Line 3 Vermont 0
                Chris Kreider one goal, one assist.
                Ben Smith one goal.
                Jimmy Hayes one goal, two assists.
                High light of the game; Chris Kreider’s behind the net, behind the back, ,no look pass, on the Jimmy Hayes’s goal.
                If this were a post on Facebook, I would "like" it.

Kreider has been unreal since coming back from World Jrs. I do believe he leads the league in freshman goal scoring, but beyond that, if you actually watch him play, he is a major impact player.

I'm glad he got off to a bit of a slow start - better chance he stays for two.
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NUHuskies View Post
                  For those wondering, Chris Rawlings has offers to go pro but he will be staying at Northeastern at least another year. The way he said it, I'd guess he's probably planning on leaving at the end of next season though.
                  Great decision if he sticks by it. I think he will mature a ton nxt yr & improve his overall skills. I can see him helping us tremendously & his game. His stock will rise (my opinion).

Far as lving for the pro ranks.. can't blame him or anyone else at any year.. (if they have a shot). Jordan Schroeder just left after 2 yrs of play & he would've had a contract had he stayed, but decided otherwise. And Minny is a solid school. If you're not in their shoes.. tough passing judgement one way or another.

I am glad Rawlings will be in a Husky uniform nxt season
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

1.. time to lock this one up.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                        X