Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Excellent Interview with Don Lucia

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Does Wodon have connections to the school? Best friends with Lucia? .
    Wodon is the best college hockey journalist in the country, IMHO. He writes fairly and is the best connected writer at a national level. That said, College hockey media simply can't behave like big media - like Tony Kornheiser or Mike Lupica and rip people left and right just to entertain. If Adam thinks someone is worth ripping, he will.

The college hockey world is small, and the pay and power of the media who cover it is low (or in some cases volunteer). They rarely bite the hand that feeds them, and for good reasons - 1) they need cooperation from the key people and 2) most of the people in college hockey are really good people and don't need to be bitten or ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      Wodon is the best college hockey journalist in the country, IMHO. He writes fairly and is the best connected writer at a national level.
      But, but, but...he doesn't agree with the Husky fans' and some UND fans' view of anything related to the Gophers so he must be in the Gophers' pocket somehow!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        But, but, but...he doesn't agree with the Husky fans' and some UND fans' view of anything related to the Gophers so he must be in the Gophers' pocket somehow!
        Adam is a cornell fan so I doubt he is in the Gophers hip pocket.
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
          And thats why they play the games just because the season appears to be a train wreck now doesnt guarantee that it is. Im not overly optomistic about the Gophers this year believe me but they are kids and with kids anything can happen
          I know I will still see red when I see those horrible brown and yellow uniforms with the "M" on it.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
            Check those batteries there Goon.

Comment

And some DU fans, and some BC fans, and some BU fans, and some NHL people...

Comment

When did UND and SCSU fans start trashing Wodon? I just read the article and honestly, I agree with most of his points, I just felt like as a journalist he could've painted the picture a little less subtlety; instead of telling everyone what their opinion on it should be, just present the case and let people make their own judgement. But overall, I thought his thoughts were pretty spot on.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I know I will still see red when I see those horrible brown and yellow uniforms with the "M" on it.
                  How about these?
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    When did UND and SCSU fans start trashing Wodon? I just read the article and honestly, I agree with most of his points, I just felt like as a journalist he could've painted the picture a little less subtlety; instead of telling everyone what their opinion on it should be, just present the case and let people make their own judgement. But overall, I thought his thoughts were pretty spot on.
                    Adam's commentary is an opinion piece. It would be a pretty weak opinion piece if he wrote it without having an opinion.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yep same way I feel when I see them green uniforms with the politically correct indian on them. The Gophers are maroon but the green glaze over your eyes makes them look brown

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                        And some DU fans, and some BC fans, and some BU fans, and some NHL people...
                        Well, they're not posting in this thread, so how do you know this? Only you and some Husky fan(s) have suggested that Wodon is in love with tDon or a Gopher fan. Most other posters have been able to discuss the issues raised rationally.

Comment

Well, they're not posting in this thread, so how do you know this? Only you and some Husky fan(s) have suggested that Wodon is in love with tDon or a Gopher fan. Most other posters have been able to discuss the issues raised rationally.
                          I havent understood alot of the posts that say Don was whining and making excuses I thought he was pretty matter of fact thruout the whole deal. But a large chunk of the UND SCSU people posting here are responding like he was on soap box whining and Wodon was just handing him softballs. Most of these coaches are pretty rational guys

Comment

"Fan" is probably a strong word - he did play-by-play for Cornell hockey for several years, so he certainly has a soft spot for Cornell (e.g. he still posts occasionally to eLynah and often meets up with Cornell fans at hockey events), but I'm not sure he would describe himself as a Cornell fan, per se.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Nice straw-man argument. No one said that Wodon was in love with Don Lucia, or in anyone's "pocket". If you read this thread there are a lot of people that disagree with Wodon's conclusions. Gopher fans are the ones that can't discuss it rationally.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                                Nice straw-man argument. No one said that Wodon was in love with Don Lucia, or in anyone's "pocket". If you read this thread there are a lot of people that disagree with Wodon's conclusions. Gopher fans are the ones that can't discuss it rationally.
                                Im gonna have to read the article again . It must be really obvious and Im not seeing it

Comment

Working...
                                X