Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Excellent Interview with Don Lucia

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    Something still doesn't sit well with me with the Nick Leddy signing.

Nick Leddy has almost no chance of playing for the Blackhawks this next season and will likely spend the entire season in the AHL where his first year contract is $67,500.

So basically he must consider a $67,500 job with the Rockford IceHogs next year a better deal than playing for the gophers another season.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=397017
    {sigh}

You do realize the quicker you sign with the NHL team the quicker you are a free agent and can get the big bucks, right?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
      We'll have to agree to disagree.
      Agree to disagree about what?

Lucia's track record is better than Hakstol's, sorry to tell you. Or did you forget that he took a doormat CC team and made them relevant? In addition to winning two national championships at Minnesota, something that hadn't been done in 23 years.

Buy a clue. Please.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Agree to disagree about what?

Lucia's track record is better than Hakstol's, sorry to tell you. Or did you forget that he took a doormat CC team and made them relevant? In addition to winning two national championships at Minnesota, something that hadn't been done in 23 years.

Buy a clue. Please.
        No Way Scoobs Hakstol is waaaaaaaay better he has a winning record against the Gophers and takin the Sioux farther in the playoffs the last few years so that means he is much better coach !

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
          One article is a guy talking about an injury, the other article stinks of a guy explaining himself, after years of poor job performance.

If you can't tell the difference, that's your problem.
          Mr. Cg are you on crack? Years? Seriously? Don Lucia has one of the best records of all time.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            PS and I have been down this road before and it most likely won't be the last time.
            That's what makes the board fun...

Beers are on me the next time I come to Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              I agree that most players say it is their dream to play for the Gophers and I am sure that is true. That of course doesn't mean that it is not a bigger dream dream to play in the NHL or for the Wild. Maybe part of that dream is that the "U" is jsut a stepping stone to the show? Just a thought.
              Agree with you and PS.

btw - I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but Gophers defections seem to have accelerated since the Wild arrived so I blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Agree with you and PS.

btw - I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but Gophers defections seem to have accelerated since the Wild arrived so I blame them.
                The NHL collective bargaining agreement has accelerated the defections for all schools but has hit the top level schools the most. I believe the current CBA has two more years left on it. It will be interesting to see what happens when it expires.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                  Mr. Cg are you on crack? Years? Seriously? Don Lucia has one of the best records of all time.
                  While I see the point your making (especially with cg's wording)...3 years is technically "years"

That said, I think Lucia is still a good coach. He has more than proven himself at this level. I think Hill has a lot more to do with the recent troubles than he's being given credit for.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    The NHL collective bargaining agreement has accelerated the defections for all schools but has hit the top level schools the most.
                    I know UM isn't the only one, but I have to blame something (no matter how arbitrary and irrational) for our recent woes.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      While I see the point your making (especially with cg's wording)...3 years is technically "years"
                      Given the fact they were F5 runner-up and made the NCAA in '08, I wouldn't count that as a terrible year - particularly given the massive losses in the previous offseason combined with Stoa's season-ending injury in the 2nd game and Okposo's mid-season departure. How many other teams could have absorbed all those losses / distractions and STILL managed to make the NCAA's?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        That's what makes the board fun...

Beers are on me the next time I come to Minnesota.
                        Sounds good. I'll bring the Cohibas.

Comment

Working...
                        X