Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many schools hang league opponent name banners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many schools hang league opponent name banners?

Michigan Tech has signs printed with the name of each league opponent posted on the wall underneath the JMSIA pressbox.

Comment

RIT has all the Atlantic Hockey teams' banners with the school names and colors prominently displayed. I play the 'name their mascot' game with my kids - it kills time between periods.

They have the women's league banners displayed as well.
      KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by huskyhockey2000 View Post
        SCSU has banners from the men and women WCHA.
        Must be nice to be able to hang something in there...

Comment

UND misspelled Anchorage on the original Seawolf banner at REA and Seapup fans whined about it like anyone actually cares about them.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            Must be nice to be able to hang something in there...
            Only 16 posts later, I expected it sooner.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

To the best of my recollection, there are no such banners at the Schott. That is, of course, a multi-purpose facility.

Pre-Schott, there was a banner for each CCHA member hung at the OSU Ice Rink. Now that the Women's Varsity hosts its games there, logos for each of the teams in the Women's WCHA are displayed behind the Visitor's Bench. The logos are painted on the wall, as opposed to being cloth banners.

Comment

The Joyce Center at Notre Dame has the banners of all CCHA teams hanging over the ice. During the playoffs, they are paired up based on match-ups and losing teams' banners are taken down.
                Notre Dame Hockey
                Reigning Big Ten Champions
                Reigning CCHA Champions
                Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  To the best of my recollection, there are no such banners at the Schott. That is, of course, a multi-purpose facility.

Pre-Schott, there was a banner for each CCHA member hung at the OSU Ice Rink. Now that the Women's Varsity hosts its games there, logos for each of the teams in the Women's WCHA are displayed behind the Visitor's Bench. The logos are painted on the wall, as opposed to being cloth banners.
                  Nor are there banners at the Kohl Center.
                  "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                    The Joyce Center at Notre Dame has the banners of all CCHA teams hanging over the ice. During the playoffs, they are paired up based on match-ups and losing teams' banners are taken down.
                    That's pretty cool.

Do the banners now all come down once the season is over? A few years back, I was in Joyce Center during the off-season. No rink, no stands -- just the banners hanging by themselves. It was kind of a twilight zone experience. Nothing wrong with it, I guess. I'm sure it saved the staff some work. But previously I had only been there on game days. It was an odd sight when you're used to seeing the rink in that space.

Comment

Cheel...

*****http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9_pTv1S9aFg/SYc0GytNuKI/AAAAAAAAAHE/lCP2tJb8sys/DSC00199.JPG******
                      Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I don't recall seeing them at BC unless you can't see them from my seat.

FYI, BC is having all of their banners redone as part of a summer improvement to Conte Forum. The new widescreen hidef jumbotrons are pretty sick too.
                        BC definitely has them, along with the ACC teams in Conte, or did up to last year.

UNH has them, though they went from classic looking scool color banners with just the name on them and an outline on the banner (like the ones shown at Clarkson). Now they have white bedsheet looking banners with the opponent school in black and the logo underneath. Some like them, I prefer the older ones.

Comment

Interesting photo from Clarkson. The Olympic banners look cool, too.

Interesting that the 1956 "undefeated season" also has a banner. Clarkson turned down its NCAA bid that year because eight of their seniors had played as freshmen and were declared ineligble...(freshman were only eligible to practice but not play in that era).

Comment

I like the idea of photos.

This one's huge, so here's BSU's team photo with the team banners in the background:

http://www.bemidjistate.edu/athletic...-09team300.jpg

BTW, I think BSU stole the Olympic banner idea from Clarkson, as they have the same deal...

And here's a pic of the logos at the BEC at NMU:

*****http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/SiteSections/Otherlinks/Images/Cheer20081.jpg******
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Non disposable rafter banners at Mariucci...

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/Mariuccirafters.jpg******

Comment

Northeastern has all of the Hockey East teams up on banners above the upper bowl at Matthews, they also have Uconn for the womens HE.

Comment

Working...
                                X