Hockey East Tourney on the Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East Tourney on the Move

I'm glad to see this conversation has really gotten off the rails now. Who knows what topic will be discussed by the time we get to page 10.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
      What is this heyday you are talking about? Did I miss something as Lowell/BU had a higher attendance in a "down economy" a couple of years ago?

GFY. Lowell has plenty of fans.
      Hahahahha. What is Hockey East's heyday? My God, are you joking? Ever watch Hockey East around 1999 when UNH, BC, and Maine were filthy and all went to the Frozen Four and York got BC running and Walsh got himself out of the NCAA sanction mess? Maine/UNH as legit title contenders after that in 2002, and then 2004 with BC/Maine? Attendance at the tournament was great and everyone was happy and the league was thriving during that period. Now it's usually BC and a bunch of retards (2009 exception, it was BU and a bunch of retards)... clearly some down years there and attendance doesn't look so great.

Year, Total Attendance, and rank out of the last 12 years
      1999 28,038 (9)
      2000 31,982 (6)
      2001 28,335 (8)
      2002 32,805 (5)
      2003 34,328 (2)
      2004 34,308 (3)
      2005 35,130 (1)
      2006 33,342 (4)
      2007 29,496 (7)
      2008 24,288 (11)
      2009 27,410 (10)
      2010 24,267 (12)

Kill yourself.
      Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 08-02-2010, 10:02 PM.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
        Tell me, what underachieving public school district produced you mope? Go back and re-read the post. The Greek dolt put forth the proposition that the Hockey East tournament is best held in a city like Boston for among other reasons Boston's purportedly "world class" status. Granted he qualified his statement by stating that Boston's alleged world class status was not the only reason to hold the tournament there, but he did state that this was an important factor in his argument.
        Actually, I said it is best held in the city of Boston for other reasons and that the fact it is a world-class city was NOT being used by anyone to support keeping it in Boston. The whole point of the post was whether or not Boston was a world-class city. I am glad to see you don't like European folks. Now you know what the rest of the world thinks of Cornell grads. They may not have taught you social skills, but at least they taught you how to swim up there in Ithaca. Uncle Ezra would be proud.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        The point is, Boston is a world-class city and even though that is not the reason anyone is using that to support their desire to keep the location of the HE tournament in Boston, it's still the best place for the event.
        Tell me, what underachieving school district produced you mope?
        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 08-03-2010, 07:41 AM.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

When was the last time you went to Tsongas? There were way more Lowell fans than BC fans in the 2 games played at Tsongas last season.

Lowell averaged a little over 4,600 in home attendance last year. If Lowell has no fans how do you explain the 5,619 who showed up for the home opener against Colgate and the 6,121 who attended the last home game against UVM?
          Last year was the first year in about five I haven't been. In the past, the games have seemed like Conte North. Maybe the Devils leaving will help, but UML games have a 'minor league' feel vs. a 'NCAA feel' to me.

Comment

Numbers sagged when Lowell made it to the Garden in the 2008-2009 season? At the semi-final games on Friday the paid attendance was 14,280. For the Championship game it was 13,130.

Last season: Semis - 12,544. Championship: 12,103.

Did Lowell/BU draw a bigger crowd than BC/Maine?

Get your facts straight.
            In 2009, there were three Boston schools in the semis (BC, BU, and NU) which boosted the attendance. There was also a BC/BU matchup, too. Dont make it seem like 12k were there to see Lowell. I was at the final in 09 and it was like a BU home game (minus the BC and NU fans rooting against BU).

Comment

Actually, I said it is best held in the city of Boston for other reasons and that the fact it is a world-class city was NOT being used by anyone to support keeping it in Boston. The whole point of the post was whether or not Boston was a world-class city. I am glad to see you don't like European folks. Now you know what the rest of the world thinks of Cornell grads. They may not have taught you social skills, but at least they taught you how to swim up there in Ithaca. Uncle Ezra would be proud.
              No, mope this is what you said:

The point is, Boston is a world-class city and even though that is not the reason anyone is using that to support their desire to keep the location of the HE tournament in Boston, it's still the best place for the event. Anyone that walks around downtown near the Freedom Trail can see the hordes of visitors and particularly the last few weeks international visitors from Europe that come to Boston to enjoy the history, museums, theater, cuisine, etc. It's the only place in New England you're going to see that.

You state, as evidenced above, that Boston's status as an international point of destination for Euro-scum holiday seekers makes the city "the best place for the event" and then you go on to support your position by expounding upon the virtues of the city and its attraction to Euro-filth.

Listen, don't jump ugly with me 'cause your writing skills are wanting. I understand the point you were trying to make. You were attempting to perhaps "argue in the alternative" but your poor writing skills leaves readers with the impression that the city's attraction to Euro-filth is a factor to be considered. Maybe if you had broken up the remark into two (2) paragraphs and made your argument clearer you would have been able to make your point. As it turns out you simply come off looking like a dolt that needs a crash course in remedial writing and comprehension. You will probably find that class in the course curriculum catalog for the underachieving state school that produced you.
              Last edited by BeloBrasil; 08-04-2010, 12:39 PM.
              "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

No, mope this is what you said:

The point is, Boston is a world-class city and even though that is not the reason ANYONE is using that to support their desire to keep the location of the HE tournament in Boston, it's still the best place for the event. Anyone that walks around downtown near the Freedom Trail can see the hordes of visitors and particularly the last few weeks international visitors from Europe that come to Boston to enjoy the history, museums, theater, cuisine, etc. It's the only place in New England you're going to see that.

You state, as evidenced above, that Boston's status as an international point of destination for Euro-scum holiday seekers makes the city "the best place for the event" and then you go on to support your position by expounding upon the virtues of the city and its attraction to Euro-filth.

Listen, don't jump ugly with me 'cause your writing skills are wanting. I understand the point you were trying to make. You were attempting to perhaps "argue in the alternative" but your poor writing skills leaves readers with the impression that the city's attraction to Euro-filth is a factor to be considered. Maybe if you had broken up the remark into two (2) paragraphs and made your argument clearer you would have been able to make your point. As it turns out you simply come off looking like a dolt that needs a crash course in remedial writing and comprehension. You will probably find that class in the course curriculum catalog for the underachieving state school that produced you.
                How cute... you still can't understand a perfectly clear sentence and then go on to talk about how it is my fault that stupid "readers" (just you really, you should have kept that singular) are left "with the impression" that I'm arguing something that I'm clearly not and should have split it up into paragraphs so that your feeble mind could comprehend such a simple set of words. Perhaps now is a good time to admit that there is absolutely nothing in my post that connects the world-class statement to the 'keep it in Boston' statement? Given your ignorance up to this point I won't hold my breath.

The sentence states that, in order:

1) Boston is a world-class city
                2) No one (that includes me, you ******) is using that as an argument for keeping the tournament in Boston.
                3) It still belongs in Boston ("the best place for the event")... clearly implying it belongs there for other reasons as have been mentioned by the intelligent posters on this thread

You can argue with yourself until you get carpal tunnel issues as far as I care. You're the only one that is having trouble with this. No wonder you didn't get into a better Ivy league school. Apparently you were not only BELO Brasil but also BELO their standards for admission.

Let me separate this into paragraphs for you so you can comprehend:

You

have

a

less

than

average

day.

MOPE.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

There's Euro Trash in that 'world class city'*cough, cough* ?? Tell me it aint so. Maybe they live in the rat-infested subway system perhaps ??
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I'm glad that people still argue with BC fans. It's almost like the Pinheads are back!

acs64- As opposed to that thriving metropolis that is Orono?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      There's Euro Trash in that 'world class city'*cough, cough* ?? Tell me it aint so. Maybe they live in the rat-infested subway system perhaps ??
                      Even on its worst day, the Boston MBTA smells better than Old Town, Maine. Its too bad Boston can't be a world class city like Bangor, you know, the city in Maine that has a mall...

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        Even on its worst day, the Boston MBTA smells better than Old Town, Maine. Its too bad Boston can't be a world class city like Bangor, you know, the city in Maine that has a mall...
                        And restaurants! And a TV station, my friend is actually a sports guy there!
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          I'm glad that people still argue with BC fans. It's almost like the Pinheads are back!

acs64- As opposed to that thriving metropolis that is Orono?
                          But with Acs64 it's the Pinheads vs. The Potheads!
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

How cute... you still can't understand a perfectly clear sentence and then go on to talk about how it is my fault that stupid "readers" (just you really, you should have kept that singular) are left "with the impression" that I'm arguing something that I'm clearly not and should have split it up into paragraphs so that your feeble mind could comprehend such a simple set of words..
                            You doth protest too much me thinks. That is a paraphrased quote from Hamlet. I doubt you have ever read it.

Anyway, two things jump immediatly to mind. First and foremost your contention (as it were) was not made in one "perfectly clear sentence" (as opposed to an imperfectly clear sentence?), but was made in paragraph form. Last time I checked a paragraph was a series of sentences making up a singular idea or concept. Key word here being "singular". Did they not cover this in your remdial writing skills class at [Fill In Name of Underachieving] State University?

Secondly, take a good long look above at your quote. Does the term "run on sentence" mean anything to you?

...and you have the temerity to suggest to others that your writing skills are clear and concise? LOL LOL LOL It is to laugh!

Go see your bursar and demand a return of your tuition money.
                            "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

As it turns out you simply come off looking like a dolt that needs a crash course in remedial writing and comprehension. You will probably find that class in the course curriculum catalog for the underachieving state school that produced you.
                              BAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHA...

I think Nick might have that very phrase copyrighted.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                What are you talking about??? The Boston Subway system is extremely clean. Try ridding in NY and saying the Boston is dirty. For that matter Boston's subway is cleaner than London's, Paris, San Fran, and Philly. The only one I can think of off top of my head that is cleaner is Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X