This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

A look at the remaining home/away schedules for the Hockey East teams as of today, since teams have started reaching the halfway point of league play. This is in order of current standings.

UNH: Currently 1st place, 21 points. 14 HE games played, 13 remaining. 6 at home, 7 on the road. 4 games left against the current top 4, with 3 being on the road.
    Maine: 2nd place, 17 points. 13 HE games played, 14 remaining. 6 at home, 8 on the road. 5 games left against the current top 4, 4 at home.
    BC: 3rd place, 16 points. 13 HE games played, 14 remaining. 9 at home, 5 on the road. 6 games left against the current top 4, 3 at home.
    Lowell: 4th place, 14 points. 12 HE games played, 15 remaining. 8 at home, 7 on the road. 5 games left against the current top 4, 2 at home.
    UMass: 4th place, 14 points. 13 HE games played, 14 remaining. 6 at home, 8 on the road. 6 games left against the current top 4, 2 at home.
    Vermont: 6th place, 10 points. 11 HE games played, 16 remaining. 8 at home, 8 on the road. 4 games left against the current top 4, 2 at home.
    BU: 7th place, 10 points. 13 HE games played, 14 remaining. 7 at home, 7 on the road. 5 games left against the current top 4, 3 at home.
    Northeastern: 8th place, 9 points. 14 HE games played, 13 remaining. 6 at home, 7 on the road. 5 games left against the current top 4, 3 at home.
    Merrimack: 9th place, 8 points. 11 HE games played, 16 remaining. 8 at home, 8 on the road. 6 games left against the current top 4, 2 at home.
    Providence: 10th place, 5 points. 10 HE games played, 17 remaining. 9 at home, 8 on the road. 5 games left against the current top 4, 3 at home.

You can read into this … or not. I was just bored. What I do take out of this is that BC's in a good spot with a ton of home games left.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The only thing I have to read in is that we can only worry about our schedule right now... there's a lot of games left... I'd think you have to expect BC to be in the mix regardless but their schedule obviously helps. 9 games left against top 5+BU (if I'm reading that correctly) is going be fairly helpful.

I think its reasonable to think we can finish in 2nd... 1st would involve a hell of a run and an UNH mini-collapse... it all depends upon what the team does out there. We can just as well finish in 7th.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UMLFan, does UVM not have 2 games left against Maine, 2 against Lowell and 2 against UNH, for a total of 6 games left against current top 4 teams? And 2 against current top 4 team UMass? For a total of 8 games left against the 5 current top 4 teams?

Sorry to be trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
          UMLFan, does UVM not have 2 games left against Maine, 2 against Lowell and 2 against UNH, for a total of 6 games left against current top 4 teams? And 2 against current top 4 team UMass? For a total of 8 games left against the 5 current top 4 teams?

Sorry to be trolling.
          Yeah, you're right about UVM's games against Top 4 teams. They have 6 left, with four of them on the road.

But for the quick data I put together, I left UMass out of the top 4 as currently Lowell is fourth in Hockey East (they own the tiebreaker as of now).
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
            Whew! Nice to Lowell come out strong in OT. I don't know what NUs policy is on opposing fans chanting but my friends and I were repeatedly threatened that they were going ask us to leave for rooting for Lowell, we made sure we didn't use any foul language but the NU fans kept complaining about us and telling us to shut up and that we were annoying. The NU cop finally made us move to another section but I think if were paying $18 we should be able to root for our team as loud as we want to.
            ARE YOU KIDDING!?! After the NU invasion at Tsongas??? You should have taken over their student section!

Comment

Game Notes are up. Gravallese and Quinn are the refs Friday. That's the same pair we had against Northeastern last Saturday.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                Game Notes are up. Gravallese and Quinn are the refs Friday. That's the same pair we had against Northeastern last Saturday.
                Over/under on third period penalties against Lowell? I say 4.
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  I believe Quinn made the majority of the calls Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    I believe Quinn made the majority of the calls Saturday night.
                    When Quinn the referree gets there, is everybody going to yell at him?

Lets see if that's too obscure of a reference

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

I work with a guy who works part time at Tsongas and he worked the Devils game last night and said the ribbon is in place. I guess the ribbon doesn't go all the way around from what he told me. We will have to see for ourselves Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                        I work with a guy who works part time at Tsongas and he worked the Devils game last night and said the ribbon is in place. I guess the ribbon doesn't go all the way around from what he told me. We will have to see for ourselves Saturday night.
                        As I mentioned before, I hope they get a good crowd in for the game. It would be nice to keep the average over 4,000.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          As I mentioned before, I hope they get a good crowd in for the game. It would be nice to keep the average over 4,000.
                          It'll be tough with school still out. UML gives like a 5 month break between semesters.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                            It'll be tough with school still out. UML gives like a 5 month break between semesters.
                            month? MLK WE too.

Comment

As I idle waiting for a subway...

BEAT ZOOMASS!

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                When Quinn the referree gets there, is everybody going to yell at him?

Lets see if that's too obscure of a reference
                                Only if he wears Mucklucks
                                More Cowbell!

Comment

Working...
                                X