X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I'm trying to stay positive, but this team needs to wake up. After only going 2-4 in their last 6 games they have yet to figure out they need to come to play every night. I hate to say it, but 10-6-1 at the break is disappointing.
    Its been my experience thus far that teams that know they can don't. Right now this teams know they can... whenever they feel like it... whenever they feel like it. I'd sure like them to feel like it.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Added gallery to recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010...12/pri-uml.php

FYI, that was Kory Falite's 50th career goal - first River Hawk to hit that mark since Ed McGrane, who scored 70 from 1999-2003.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I'm not sure what's going on with this team, but they're consistently coming out flat recently. That's four straight games that they've given up the first goal. That hadn't been an issue earlier, as they'd won all but 1 game prior to the UNH game when they'd given up the first goal, but they've lost two of the last four now.

It's frustrating to see them just come out and seem to think that teams are going to lay down for them. Not saying that's how they really feel, but man it looks that way at times.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          It's frustrating to see them just come out and seem to think that teams are going to lay down for them. Not saying that's how they really feel, but man it looks that way at times.
          Playing with intensity for only 20 minutes (or less) a game is not going to get it done. Hopefully this stretch of games doesn't cost them come March.

Riley Wetmore quote from the Lowell Sun:
          It's a lot easier when everybody is going hard out there.

Comment

lowell drops to 14 this week. sounds just about right.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Playing with intensity for only 20 minutes (or less) a game is not going to get it done. Hopefully this stretch of games doesn't cost them come March.
              if it does then I'd say its been earned. Its a 60 minute game and every game counts.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                if it does then I'd say its been earned. Its a 60 minute game and every game counts.
                they just can't get too far ahead of themselves and take it one game at a time. they just have to battle and work hard. it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  I'm not sure what's going on with this team, but they're consistently coming out flat recently. That's four straight games that they've given up the first goal.
                  Does anyone have any theories as to why this is? Looks eerily similar to last season at the same time, no? As you know, I've suggested coaching is in some way responsible for this but have been shouted down by most of the masses on here. So what gives then? Does anyone have any other ideas?
                  Last edited by WisemanFromUmass-Lowell; 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM.
                  Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                    they just can't get too far ahead of themselves and take it one game at a time. they just have to battle and work hard. it is what it is.
                    oh, so nice that you think I'm talking in platitudes... I'm talking in terms that these guys don't seem to get... especially if Mr. Wetmore's statement is a reflection of reality.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

i agree, if the talent is there, the motivation, or lack of it, is in the coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                        since Ed McGrane, who scored 70 from 1999-2003.
                        Their's a blast from the past, he was pretty good
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                          skate hard and put da puck in da net.
                          Sons of old Massachusetts,
                          Devoted daughters true,
                          Bay State, old Bay State,
                          We'll give our best to you.

Comment

If the team can dominate a game, whether from start to finish, or turn it on halfway through the second and win a game, obviously the talent is there. You can't blame that on coaching. They need to find it within themselves to make it happen night in and night out.

Comment

The team needs to take a good, hard look at themselves and come out firing against an inferior opponent (Holy Cross) in a few weeks then take care of Northeastern or Dartmouth.

If Lowell doesn't win the "Ledyard Bank Classic" I will be very disappointed. The rest of January stacks up like this:

1/8 @ UNH (Season Series on the line)
                              1/9 @ Northeastern (Win would clinch the season series)
                              1/15 @ UMass (Win would clinch the season series)
                              1/16 vs UMass
                              1/22 vs Merrimack (Win would clinch the season series)
                              1/23 vs BC
                              1/29 @ Northeastern
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                                The team needs to take a good, hard look at themselves and come out firing against an inferior opponent (Holy Cross) in a few weeks then take care of Northeastern or Dartmouth.

If Lowell doesn't win the "Ledyard Bank Classic" I will be very disappointed. The rest of January stacks up like this:

1/8 @ UNH (Season Series on the line)
                                1/9 @ Northeastern (Win would clinch the season series)
                                1/15 @ UMass (Win would clinch the season series)
                                1/16 vs UMass
                                1/22 vs Merrimack (Win would clinch the season series)
                                1/23 vs BC
                                1/29 @ Northeastern
                                Lowell could clinch four different season series tie-breakers in the month of January (and a win at home against BC would put us on the right track for the fifth).

They just have to get going.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X